• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece is so old, it has a Game Boy Color game.

.......also the first game it got was on the Wonderswan of all things.

I also keep seeing the Wii game, Unlimited Adventure, at my GameStop. For some reason, I'm always tempted to try it out, but for $40 used, I pass it each time.

At least it isn't exclusive to their ONE store in ONE city in ONE state. Thankfully, after MK8 & Hyrule Warriors, they don't seem to do that anymore....hopefully...

If if makes any difference, Unlimited Adventure is around 60-65 bucks on Amazon. Gamestop is actually the cheaper alternative if you plan to get it.

TUSR

Banned
Fire Emblem Fates SE went up for sale on Amazon.ca around 3pm while I was walking to my car after class.

I have never been so glad that I had the Amazon app ready to go. Gone in seconds.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
WlLiQXQ.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It's a dope ass game. One Piece Zelda.

Bring Toyota to TOONAMI?!?
Maybe I'll see if I can find a cheaper copy. A shame we never got the sequel, Unlimited Cruise. Also worthy to note it's one of the only games to actually have the dub (Funimation, thankfully).

Also, way to live up to my theory of "Japan can turn ANYTHING into a cute girl"....Japan. Hybrid Transaxel looks like the craziest yandere that wants to kill a bitch. It's those EYES.

Soulflarz

Banned
keep it up
3 months left

Classes start tomorrow
I am broken.

No disrespect to Platinum, they have a great resume, but "Platinum should make _________" is approaching meme status :p

Been a meme since MGR tbh. It died down a bit, and after P* started making all these things we joked about, I kind of don't care. It's like souls to me- I love all of them, but I know what I'm getting into constantly. They're good games, but if I got one every month, I'd feel bored of them in a flash.

Mizerman

No disrespect to Platinum, they have a great resume, but "Platinum should make _________" is approaching meme status :p

While some people tend to go over board, I do hope that either Platinum or another developer would work on another Berserk game.

Just as long as it's not Ninja Theory.

Line_HTX

I didn't like that music video. The other one where the person dove into the plant on the side of the pond at least didn't have colors that were difficult to watch. I think that music video showed up during the last movie marathon.

This one was just a mix of what am I looking at and bad mix of colors.

"I QUIT" was the wrong wording, but I don't think it changes my point, and I'm not the only one here making that exact point, either, Bass; you talked about negativity, but nobody (including me) is sure what that's specifically supposed to mean because we can't actually think of any instances of what you said was the problem. You talked about personal attacks, but nobody is really sure what those were specifically. You came in today and said "this is what I mean," but there aren't any personal attacks here. And today you're talking about the lack of meaningful discussion, but the only time I can recall you actually voicing concern about some negativity was when people WERE having a meaningful discussion about Akame ga Kill. There's negativity here, sure, but the block isn't in a great place at the moment and I don't really see how the complaints about specific shows can be construed in a different light than what happened with Sword Art Online.

If you have problems with this community, I don't think this route is going to solve any of it.

First off I'll be the first to admit AgK is horribly dumb shlock, its why I like the series and I can see why if you're not into dumb shlock it may not be for you. If it was just the thread bashing a series I liked I probably would just ignore and move on the way I and other KLK fans did. My problem is the overall atmosphere is too negative in my opinion where you have users actively suggesting to ignore other users, who say things like "you won't come back", who will enter a discussion and say "I just saw thing it was terrible" which neither promotes discussion nor adds meaningful commentary to the thread. When I'm seriously considering putting half the community on the ignore list because I'm sick of the same people derailing discussion into being super negative week after week and I start to wonder why I bother coming here to post at all. There are great posters here who I enjoy having meaningful discussions with its why this community has and does mean so much to me.

I'm not going to pull up any specific posts in the past when people specifically targeted me saying my opinions/taste were terrible for liking or disliking certain things, some of them may not have meant it to come across as hurtful as it did though they did bother me quiet a bit. In the end I watch Toonami because I enjoy it, and I posted here because I enjoyed it. Maybe the community is the same as it always was and I'm the one whos grown and change, maybe the thread is becoming more negative and I'm not the only one frustrated with the direction things have gone. All I know is this is the way I feel personally, and I with to take some time away from the thread because I'm not enjoying my time here as I used to. You can interpret my feelings however you want even say nothing I'm talking about makes sense and go right back to business as usual. Sorry for taking up so much time with this, its just something that's meant a lot to me and its hard to articulate my feelings on everything.

Nah Funi doesn't do that anymore and Scott Morgan (The REAL composer behind the Faulconer score) is a free agent now. he hangs around Kanzenshuu and has a youtube though.

reminder that one day kai will have the ssj3 transformation without the music, and it will be terrible, and you all should be ashamed if you like it in the future

First off I'll be the first to admit AgK is horribly dumb shlock, its why I like the series and I can see why if you're not into dumb shlock it may not be for you. If it was just the thread bashing a series I liked I probably would just ignore and move on the way I and other KLK fans did. My problem is the overall atmosphere is too negative in my opinion where you have users actively suggesting to ignore other users, who say things like "you won't come back", who will enter a discussion and say "I just saw thing it was terrible" which neither promotes discussion nor adds meaningful commentary to the thread. When I'm seriously considering putting half the community on the ignore list because I'm sick of the same people derailing discussion into being super negative week after week and I start to wonder why I bother coming here to post at all. There are great posters here who I enjoy having meaningful discussions with its why this community has and does mean so much to me.

I'm not going to pull up any specific posts in the past when people specifically targeted me saying my opinions/taste were terrible for liking or disliking certain things, some of them may not have meant it to come across as hurtful as it did though they did bother me quiet a bit. In the end I watch Toonami because I enjoy it, and I posted here because I enjoyed it. Maybe the community is the same as it always was and I'm the one whos grown and change, maybe the thread is becoming more negative and I'm not the only one frustrated with the direction things have gone. All I know is this is the way I feel personally, and I with to take some time away from the thread because I'm not enjoying my time here as I used to. You can interpret my feelings however you want even say nothing I'm talking about makes sense and go right back to business as usual. Sorry for taking up so much time with this, its just something that's meant a lot to me and its hard to articulate my feelings on everything.

We feel you, Bass. Despite how jokey we can get, this is still a place for communication and discussion. A few of us like to shit-post and rustle some feathers, but I'm sure none of it is out of a pure dislike of someone else's opinion. At least, that's what I can only assume, but I can't speak for everyone. I personally harbor no ill-will to anyone's personal opinion or anything like that. Some things I might not agree with, but as long as our opinions are being discussed and conversed in a rational non-hostile manner, I myself wouldn't feel bothered.
And don't feel sorry about it. Never be afraid to speak your mind with us.

reminder that one day kai will have the ssj3 transformation without the music, and it will be terrible, and you all should be ashamed if you like it in the future

Aww, yeah thats a total shame :(. hopefully someone works on a Faulconer Kai score like they did for finishing Yamamoto's score for all of Kai. I can't stand Kai FC's soundtrack they should've just kept Shunsuke Kikuchi's score and made it consistent.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
One Piece is so old, it has a Game Boy Color game.

.......also the first game it got was on the Wonderswan of all things.

I also keep seeing the Wii game, Unlimited Adventure, at my GameStop. For some reason, I'm always tempted to try it out, but for $40 used, I pass it each time.

At least it isn't exclusive to their ONE store in ONE city in ONE state. Thankfully, after MK8 & Hyrule Warriors, they don't seem to do that anymore....hopefully...

One Piece is so old that that amnesia filler arc that we saw on Toonami, over 200 episodes in, was based on a Playstation 1 game.

Think about that shit for a second.

Jarate

Banned
I got a reservation at gamestoop

also, Toonami |OT| Everyone Here likes Fire Emblem

also, everyones opinion is shit, especially yours!

Every opinion is worthless, but mine. Only my opinions had hard hitting science behind them.

I would send you the references, but no one checks those anymore.

ckohler

It seems like there are two issues. Having a show you like endure a "hate watch" and being directly insulted for your opinion of said show.

As for the first part, I think "hate watches" are fine because I understand the fun in participating in them. Beware the Batman was probably the first time I participated in one. I found it far more entertaining to "hate watch" that show than to try and participate in any kind of fair and civil constructive criticism. This thread can be its most fun when we're all posting exaggerating meme gifs and having a laugh. Meanwhile, when this happens to a show I personally enjoy (like KLK's second half), it's kind of a bummer but I still let it slide because I can appreciate the enjoyment others get from being a part of the joke. It would be hypocritical of me if I didn't.

However, if the second point is true that people were slighting you in order to make you look foolish, then that's very disheartening. Everyone here should be entitled to love what others hate and vice versa. If you say, "Man, I loved that episode!" and someone mocks your comments in a mean-spirited way... well, then I hope they reconsider their actions or were just joking because that's not cool.

TL;DR: I feel that "hate watches" are more fun than harmful and yet no individual should be seriously ridiculed for their differing opinion. We should all strive to respect each other's tastes, especially if we disagree with them. We just need to remember that people have feelings but these shows do not.

Seda

I just spent the night merging SD cards with separate 3DS data onto one as a preliminary step in order to do a System Transfer of that to a MicroSD card for a New 3DS. Fun~

(And no it's not as simple as using Windows Explorer merge functionality.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had to leave both my old 3DS & the New 3DS XL at GS because of the loonnngggg transfer process. I think I had around 10GB worth of stuff to transfer. Hell, one of the employees (I'm well known there because of how often I go & the fact it's mainly the same 2 employees) offered to let me do it at his apartment if I already didn't start it at the store.

.....I also damaged the N3DS quicker due to the fact it would accidentally hit something while being in my pocket at work. Now I basically take it out once I know I got my 1,000 steps (on average, I can take over 10,000 during work)

I just spent the night merging SD cards with separate 3DS data onto one as a preliminary step in order to do a System Transfer of that to a MicroSD card for a New 3DS. Fun~

You getting the Pokemon N3DS, Seda ol' pal?

Jarate

Banned
We're about a month away from Akame ga Kill's final episode. Has there been any word yet on its replacement?

I still think theyre trying really hard to get Jojo right now, but Demarco mentioned how the price was to much in discussions. I think that's the reason why we got Samurai Shampoo so late

I wouldnt be surprised if we got another easy title to get. Maybe we can get Yu Yu Hakusho :3

Most of my friends hate Fire Emblem, but most of my friends hate anything from Japan

Nephenee is the best girl in the entire series btw

Soulflarz

Banned

This is why you always buy a bigger SD and transfer forward

Seda, I sent you a PM friend please respond

BACK TO SECRET MESSAGES HMPH

I completely support the February OT subtitle being related to Fire Emblem. Let's make that shit happen.

I still think theyre trying really hard to get Jojo right now, but Demarco mentioned how the price was to much in discussions. I think that's the reason why we got Samurai Shampoo so late

I wouldnt be surprised if we got another easy title to get. Maybe we can get Yu Yu Hakusho :3

I think it's going to be a shorter series that will replace AGK. Likely a Viz or Aniplex show.

Also your friends suck, and you have good taste in Tellius characters.

Soulflarz

Banned
#MakeFebruarySubtitleFireEmblemRelated

Yeah at the time I didn't realize I would later need all the data on one card or that merging after the fact would be problematic. It is doable though! Just a pain ;_;

To be fair my method doesn't allow going backwards.

Thankfully PC stuff gets cheaper- me having 8gb of ram in a laptop 5 years ago vs keeping 8 now on my new one were completely different things.

Line_HTX

So just to make absolutely sure, this past episode where the Justice fight ends is the last canon episode, and then the remaining episodes turn into Blue Exorcist, correct?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So just to make absolutely sure, this past episode where the Justice fight ends is the last canon episode, and then the remaining episodes turn into Blue Exorcist, correct?

Correct. We're in Gecko Ending mode for the remainder of the show.

Hey Blue Exorcist, even in the filler ending, was high class art compared to Akame Ga Kill!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom