• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bring Yuki Yuna to Toonami???

Edit: The Boy & The Beast, Mamoru Hosoda's newest film (the Summer Wars guy), is hitting US theaters on Marth 4th & will be either JPN voices or a dub which Funimation worked closely with Hosoda on to ensure the voices matched his vision & such.

BBboy20

I forgot to mention that I got my copy of the limited edition complete season for Life is Strange earlier today.

Money well spent.
Can't wait to pick mine up.

Bring Yuki Yuna to Toonami???

Edit: The Boy & The Beast, Mamoru Hosoda's newest film (the Summer Wars guy), is hitting US theaters on Marth 4th & will be either JPN voices or a dub which Funimation worked closely with Hosoda on to ensure the voices matched his vision & such.
I hope it comes over here.

Damn, you fit in one of Trump's many targets or what?

Well I'm Islamic so I'm basically Enemy #1.

If it was up to me bear, I'd let you stay.
You're one of the good ones.

Just in case anyone didn't catch the previous post, I'm talking about Aldnoah.Zero.

My love for robutts will outweigh any amount of shitty writing. It's the code I live by.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll probably try Life is Strange when it goes on sale, though after listening to Giant Bomb's GotY podcast, I know the twists of Ch. 2 & 3. Though I have no idea on 4 & 5, so there'll still be some surprises.

One of these days, I kind of feel like tracking down some of the PS2 anime games I played like Samurai Champloo Sidetracked & FMA (I think it was the 2nd one?). Kind of wish I knew what my Family Video did with them, because I was able to rent them for only a week. I remember playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja on PS2 as well but omg that one challenge of having to do 99 battles as each character fighting every other character. I remember Tips & Tricks did the math (I still have the issue when it was on the cover) & it came out to 14 characters fighting 13 other characters (mirror matches didn't count) 99 times each, equaling 18,018 matches.

TheChits

I'll probably try Life is Strange when it goes on sale, though after listening to Giant Bomb's GotY podcast, I know the twists of Ch. 2 & 3. Though I have no idea on 4 & 5, so there'll still be some surprises.

One of these days, I kind of feel like tracking down some of the PS2 anime games I played like Samurai Champloo Sidetracked & FMA (I think it was the 2nd one?). Kind of wish I knew what my Family Video did with them, because I was able to rent them for only a week. I remember playing Naruto Ultimate Ninja on PS2 as well but omg that one challenge of having to do 99 battles as each character fighting every other character. I remember Tips & Tricks did the math (I still have the issue when it was on the cover) & it came out to 14 characters fighting 13 other characters (mirror matches didn't count) 99 times each, equaling 18,018 matches.

I highly recommend Life is Strange! Phenomenal game. I always wanted to try out the Champloo game, but never did get around to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kept thinking last week "ya know, it's been over 2 months since I last heard about the T.O.M. statue, maybe I should ask about an status update" & as I check my email after waking up, I actually got a new email:

"Hi! We haven’t forgotten about you. We were a bit delayed over the holidays and hope to have something out to you in early March. Thank you for your patience!"

& wow at those AgK & Parasyte drop-offs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Kept thinking last week "ya know, it's been over 2 months since I last heard about the T.O.M. statue, maybe I should ask about an status update" & as I check my email after waking up, I actually got a new email:

"Hi! We haven’t forgotten about you. We were a bit delayed over the holidays and hope to have something out to you in early March. Thank you for your patience!"

That's awesome, take some pics for us when you get it.

& wow at those AgK & Parasyte drop-offs.

Seems like the ultra-EDGE can only remain popular for so long. Also damn at the filler-a-thon hurting the back end of the block.

Raxus

It is a shame more people aren't watching AgK.

Everyone needs to witness the glorious train wreck it becomes at the end.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Surprised Bleach anime hasn't come back yet, it ended 6 years ago. Maybe Pierrot will do it after they are done with Naruto.

I think they're waiting for the manga to actually end first, or have an idea that the end is nigh. Despite having 16+ volumes of material to adapt, it won't really be much considering how not much happens in that time.
Seriously, this Quincy Blood War shit has been going for 16+ volumes.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think they're waiting for the manga to actually end first, or have an idea that the end is nigh. Despite having 16+ volumes of material to adapt, it won't really be much considering how not much happens in that time.
Seriously, this Quincy Blood War shit has been going for 16+ volumes.

I actually stopped following it after the story portion ended and the endless fighting portion began. That was like 2 years ago I think.

The current Bleach arc started off decent but quickly descended into the worst of all time after it dipped into stupid Kubo-isms, terrible and boring fights with zero impact, lack of any cool abilities or any kind of cleverness and a roster of villains so large that trying to develop them at all would be impossible.

Kubo is a hack.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The current Bleach arc started off decent but quickly descended into the worst of all time after it dipped into stupid Kubo-isms, terrible and boring fights with zero impact, lack of any cool abilities or any kind of cleverness and a roster of villains so large that trying to develop them at all would be impossible.

Kubo is a hack.

Not to mention the bad guys all have the dumbest fucking names I have ever had the displeasure of seeing, I mean goddamn dude!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Not to mention the bad guys all have the dumbest fucking names I have ever had the displeasure of seeing, I mean goddamn dude!

The following are real Quincy names introduced for this arc. I don't care if it's spoilers, it's not like the anime is going to air anytime soon.

Askin Nakk Le Vaar
Bazz-B (which is short for Bazzard Black)
As Nodt
Bambietta Basterbine
BG9
Loyd Lloyd
Royd Lloyd
PePe Waccabrada
Cang Du
Candice Catnipp
NaNaNa Najahkoop
And the strangest of all: Robert Accutrone

Line_HTX

I'm surprised that DBZ Kai got really close to 1.5 million, considering that crazy shit happened 40 minutes prior with that stupid 4th & 20, that goddamn Hail Mary again, pizzas flipping more than coins, and Based Larry Fitzgerald making the night much better after it was ruined.

Raxus

The Bleach manga has to you know actually end first.

What went into its final arc first, Naruto or Bleach? Bleach still has a good 50-100 chapters left in it the way Kubo has been stretching things out. Even then I am being generous. Kubo will probably make the final fight a 50 chapter affair.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
What went into its final arc first, Naruto or Bleach? Bleach still has a good 50-100 chapters left in it the way Kubo has been stretching things out. Even then I am being generous. Kubo will probably make the final fight a 50 chapter affair.

I think Bleach did.

Bleach - 2012-current

Naruto - March 2012, ended in Oct 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom