• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
8wAFE2W.gif

Madoka Rebellion

This ending feels designed to get people arguing about whether it's a "happy ending" or not. Well, that and not be so conclusive as to close the door on the potential to make more money!

Personally, after so many different versions of events shown throughout the franchise, the final state of reality doesn't feel like it's the result of "tampering" any more than any other version as made by the actions of characters previously. Nothing about the state of the universe at the end of the TV series stands out as being the way it "should" be any more than any other potential version, and in fact the film events had a net gain for everyone.

At least, until the future of the new version plays out. We'll see if they show it to us.

what, oh, the toonami thread right

bring it to toonami, or whatever

Jarate

Banned
Also I'll be doing a full post through of the Garlic Jr Arc next week so everyone can know what happens after the thrilling conclusion of the Frieza saga

I feel someone at sometime can get use out of these gif I found so....enjoy

tumblr_n33thnBqpC1ry7s8co1_500.gif

tumblr_n38ij6Kz011qzqnxxo1_500.gif

Explain the first one, I know its from the Rock Lee mini series (BTW bring that to toonami and replace shippuden filler) but I never saw the anime just read the manga.

The second one explains it all: The booty was mentioned.

Seda forgot about:

4. Twins that annoyingly...finish each others sentences. Hell I'm a fraternal twin and even I've been expected to do that one.

vegeta-surprised-o.gif

Yo-you mean theirs another Man God out there?! theirs 2 of you?!?!

Oh god, no...no!....nononononononononono-

Yes I know the difference I just wanted to make the joke lol.

Jarate

Banned
Explain the first one, I know its from the Rock Lee mini series (BTW bring that to toonami and replace shippuden filler) but I never saw the anime just read the manga.

The second one explains it all: The booty was mentioned.

vegeta-surprised-o.gif

Yo-you mean theirs another Man God out there?! theirs 2 of you?!?!

Oh god, no...no!....nononononononononono-

Yes I know the difference I just wanted to make the joke lol.

There's the canon Man God and the Non Canon Man God

Jarate

Banned
Jesus that Fire Emblem censor. WTF Fire Emblem creators.

It's not nearly as bad as it seems from a morality standpoint

from a OH MY GOD WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WITH THIS STORY IT'S AWFUL standpoint, it's pretty shitty

But who the hell plays fire emblem for the support convos?

Levyne

Banned
Fates is gonna be one of those games where I play it and don't tell anyone or talk about it anywhere. The drama is just not worth it.

Probably just skip through cutscenes or pay minimum attention.

I still need a 3ds though.

Jarate

Banned
Fates is gonna be one of those games where I play it and don't tell anyone or talk about it anywhere. The drama is just not worth it.

You can talk about with us, we're the cool guys!

bigkrev

Is it actually possible, in 2016, to play a game and not even tweet about it?
Meanwhile, I'm debating selling my preordered CE for $250 and buying the regular version

TUSR

Banned

from a OH MY GOD WHAT WERE YOU THINKING WITH THIS STORY IT'S AWFUL standpoint, it's pretty shitty

I even skipped the marriage ones.

Locked down Anna and made a kid.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Support conversations are the primary reason to replay the game. Some of them are hilarious.

But yeah, Fates has taken the anime tropes to a level beyond even that of the legendary Awakening. It has Ascended.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I honestly don't care for the Support stuff in FE. It's just a nice little touch, and most of it I can read online anyway. Plus, the whole thing sounds stupid anyway.
I'm just excited for the gameplay and the main story.

On another note, that new One Piece chapter guys. Hot damn!

Man God

Non-Canon Member
You people are making going into FE: Fates as blind as possible very difficult.

I haven't seen anything but the official trailers myself. I just know they are doubling down on the anime from a combination of watching them and reading thread titles on the gaming side.

Soulflarz

Banned
You people are making going into FE: Fates as blind as possible very difficult.

Pretty sure the internet makes it impossible to go into games blind without full media blackout

Hello that one community thread that makes talks of the new game be spoiler tagged, the stupidest idea ever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Last year I did a very good job of going into things blind; XCX, Star Wars:TFA are my chief triumphs. I've done a reasonably good job with Fates this year.

I haven't seen anything but the official trailers myself. I just know they are doubling down on the anime from a combination of watching them and reading thread titles on the gaming side.

I've just watched the trailers and been avoiding every possible thread that talks about Fates. So far so good. I'm also avoiding that ongoing Fates thread, too. Not risking any potential spoilers.

Pretty sure the internet makes it impossible to go into games blind without full media blackout

Hello that one community thread that makes talks of the new game be spoiler tagged, the stupidest idea ever.

Yep. Going Full media blackout is easier then you think. Especially when you've been doing it for one game for more than 3 years.

TUSR

Banned
all I know about fates is that there is a girl with purple hair that needs marrying

I still don't even know why there are three versions, but I bought them all!

Soulflarz

Banned
Yep. Going Full media blackout is easier then you think. Especially when you've been doing it for one game for more than 3 years.

It's impossible to get full if you follow @neogafnewthreads

You can make it negligible by turning off images on twitter and not clicking FE ones and not clicking any threads about it.

I media blackout often out of sheer laziness.

You can make it negligible by turning off images on twitter and not clicking FE ones and not clicking any threads about it.

...Then why not unfollow it then? Seems like a simple solution.

Also who else is paranoid about their SE order getting cancelled that they pre-ordered two copies?

Regiruler

I envy your apathy.

Thankfully I was able to unconsciously blot the one XCX spoiler I read out of my mind, but I did see a lot of side characters a bit too early (the media was weird that way).

bigkrev

Also who else is paranoid about their SE order getting cancelled that they pre-ordered two copies?

I'm an elite member at Best Buy, they tried to fuck me on Majoras Mask, and they fixed it for me because of that status

I'm pretty confident I'll be getting a copy

Soulflarz

Banned
I envy your apathy.

Thankfully I was able to unconsciously blot the one XCX spoiler I read out of my mind, but I did see a lot of side characters a bit too early (the media was weird that way).

The one a third in? Yeah, I had that spoiled too, too many fan theories were out there and all it took was someone going "TOLD YOU ALL"

Because I next to never check the gaf game tab directly, neogafnewthread is how I check GAF.

Regiruler

The one a third in? Yeah, I had that spoiled too, too many fan theories were out there and all it took was someone going "TOLD YOU ALL"

Because I next to never check the gaf game tab directly, neogafnewthread is how I check GAF.
I think I saw it as a prop-up intentionality flimsy defense in one of the many threads regarding the outfit adjustment for lin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom