• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
WVW69i0guMkGDfZiHp

LATER

Lol @ Lubbock. Those strategic placed spears made no sense.

Let me sum up the OG DBZ Filler we're going to miss in between this episode and the next one.

cc4FSMr.gif

PWHlSde.gif

I'm weeping. T__T Damn you, Kai.

So how bad is filler piece?

Eh. Standard.

Despite all the ALL CAPS and freaking out last night, I was just sitting there going, "Yeah okay".

Like there was some complaining that Luffy shouldn't be having any trouble with Brindo and in the end the guy got punched once, realized he couldn't win, and tried to run away. He wasn't really giving Luffy trouble, he was just really good at dodging punches.

Nothing special about it but nothing completely horrible either. It just exists.

Which I'm not bothered by.

I thought the Garlic Jr. saga was a part of Weeday Toonami? I don't remember it on Saturday mornings.

At least it properly made it feel like Goku was still away for a long while, plus the saga was pretty cheesy in many ways too.
My family and I were overseas for a few years, so I missed Toonami and other stuff as a kid.

But when I went to New York during the holidays, I managed to watch the entire Garlic Jr. saga which was their "New Years Evil" marathon.

Not a bad arc, but I am glad Kai skipped it.

Seda

I personally think the last two episodes of Parasyte were "almost-good".

The idea of somebody 'close' to Shinichi dying, him being unable to save them despite his abilities, and trying to come to terms with his subdued empathy is an interesting enough dramatic angle. It doesn't have an obvious resolution, which should be enough to maintain some interest in what is happening in the series. The whole thing is, of course, seriously diluted because Kana was a nutter.

Likewise, once his abilities become known by a part of the populace - sneaky reporter in this case, it's a kinda typical superhero secret identify issue, but having Migi as a second consciousness with different values is twist enough to distinguish it (even if the logic angle is a bit trite.) Aside, Murano's character is somewhat uninteresting but at least shows proper reservation and concern towards Shinichi. The last scene was poor though, Shinichi's wishy-washy decision to tell Murano pushed it into full melodrama territory and bleh.

I'm really enjoying Parasyte. It's pretty good and even the really dumb moments in the show are at least super entertaining to laugh at.

Maybe since its just following up Akame ga Kill, it's an easier pill to swallow, but eh.

I feel like if there was a sport that I could play semi-competently, then I would probably get into it.

But since my hand-eye-foot-body coordination is shit, I can't.

Mizerman

I got nothing to do tomorrow as well. No college for me.

Then again, I'm supposed to be waiting for my degree through the mail.

Saw this is the Super thread:

http://imgur.com/a/48sol

I love this, this is a fan manga being made at someone from Kanzenshuu, basically a story about Piccolo and Vegeta taking over Great Saiyaman/2 duties for a day and how Piccolo struggles being a superhero. humor is on point and and its overall good read.

The link above catches you up and the thread below continues. enjoy!
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=17272&start=280#p1034175

This left to right trickery tho

BBboy20

Does anyone care about Fallout 4 anymore? It feels like the honeymoon period for that game ended pretty quickly.
Friend states he got bored with it yet still plays it so I dunno.

Trails of Cold Steel review when

"And if they fix the glitches"

LMAO
Modders been fixing Beth's shit for years; Demarco aware of that?

All I know is Besada better not mess up Doom.
I played the Alpha MP and it was pretty neat.

Signs don't look good....
?

I am going to miss these posts.

"So this crazy guy called Liquid lives in my right hand."
So much Metal Gear I'm seeing right now.

Yeah. It is another low moment. Bright side is things begin to ramp up for the better with the detective story arc taking center stage.
That PI is going to be important?

There are two types of people in the world:those that believe in a binary outlook on life, and those that don't"
So many people in my life are in the former; shit fucking sucks.

Big Boss! ;_;
*repeat*

Props to Fuu's VA here. She does great work.
Kari Walhgren.

It's not a true Yakuza story until everybody dies in the end
A certain video game series says otherwise.

P-A-T-R-I-O-T-S
La Li Lu Le Lo

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not even a weekday

Everyday is weekday in this thread when Man God is running wild with the non-canon™ verse.

Alternately Sunday after the sun comes up is basically the start of the weekday era of this thread.

Over half the block would be anime original stories next week if this was DBZ instead of Kai.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom