• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Growing up, wrestling seemed like a niche event that not many people cared about. It wasn't until I started going to forums/twitter where I started to see the amount of attention it actually seems to get.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
Wrestling has always been a thing that couldn't possibly interest me less if it tried.

But I have some friends who love it so I hear stuff through the grapevine on occasion.

Line_HTX

The only wrestling knowledge I have is the Jim Ross commentary which goes with a lot of things, and that one anime called "Wanna Be The Strongest in the World."

Also I only know of two terms heel and face.

I'm a face to LaFarebear. :)

Line_HTX

Out of boredom, I use FGC terminology in football just so see if someone notices, even if it doesn't make sense in context, lol

Raxus

Growing up, wrestling seemed like a niche event that not many people cared about. It wasn't until I started going to forums/twitter where I started to see the amount of attention it actually seems to get.

I love the gifs that come from it but I really could care less about it as well. My brother was a huge wrestling fan when we were kids.

From a medical standpoint and the moves they do (to try) to minimize injury is fascinating.

Soulflarz

Banned

If it weren't for twitter I'd think it's dead, only alive for John Cena memes.

Mizerman

I never really got into wrestling.

But wrestling as a business is fascinating.

Yeah. Wrestling is something you'll either like or you just don't. But the business part of it is interesting to a degree.

So much talent on the screen, but it means nothing with the constantly terrible booking and the terrible script.

Yup. Enjoyment means nothing if the product suffers overall.

Funny enough, wrestling over the years became more of a niche in a way after the mainstream popularity took a dive.

Grexeno

Wrestling is anime for dudebros.

Mighty Number 9 got delayed again.

This is the third time.

jojo-kars-laugh.gif

Line_HTX

Mighty Number 9 got delayed again.

This is the third time.

jojo-kars-laugh.gif

Nothing but a complete joke. Proof beyond reasonable doubt that Inafune is a deadbeat scumbag that deserves all the hype to crash and burn in spectacular fashion.

I'm so happy that MegaTwerp is dead, and I pity all those who gave Inafune at least $100. That game is just going to be dead on arrival, unfortunately.

Jarate

Banned
Why do people care if a game gets delayed. Im all for it if it means we get a better product in the end. Would you rather have a bugfilled mess or something?

Seda

Why do people care if a game gets delayed. Im all for it if it means we get a better product in the end. Would you rather have a bugfilled mess or something?

As someone who usually plays games considerably after release anyway (unless I'm reviewing something), I don't "care", I just find it amusing.

Mizerman

I don't mind if a game gets delayed as long as it turns out well. I'm really like "wow, I hope those issues get sorted out before release."

TUSR

Banned
It's complex to draw analogies with Kickstarter being a form of investing.

But I always viewed KS as that. Customers are investing upfront for a product. If you continuously fall to satisfy your investors, there is generally backlash against your name and brand.

There just isn't enough transparency for me to support KS.

Edit: Wrote part of this on my phone, I can elaborate if people think its an interesting topic.

Line_HTX

If it was like that, then yes, I'm with you. But it looks like this is simply a total mismanagement of priorities. This isn't just a game. A whole lot of people put their money to back it on Kickstarter just to have another platform Megaman shit. But now up to this point it just looks like it'll completely be a sunk cost. This whole situation is a PR mess against him. Even people in that thread are regretting ever backing it.

TUSR can probably elaborate this better than I can.

I think there is an inherent problem with this game being delayed so much, because people kickstarted it. In some regards, I do look at kickstarting a game as investing in it.

The game could still be great though, and I hope it is. I don't think anyone who kickstarted the game wants it to be bad.

bigkrev

At this point, I'm expecting a mess if the game ever comes out. Nothing shown of the game, or of Comcept in general (such as their disaster of a kickstarter for a MegaMan Legends type game that was going to fail until they pulled the Kickstarter) has inspired any confidence.

Crocodile

If they had done a staggered content and platform release ala Shovel Knight they would have been fine. Trying to launch on all platforms at the same time with all the content of variable importance is the issue. Poor planning and communication have been the biggest issues with the MN9 project as opposed to the actual quality of the game. The internet's tendency or over-react to everything isn't helping either.

Regarding Mighty No. 9, the online that is causing the delay wasn't even part of the Kickstarter.
Yes it was. The Online Race Mode was a stretch goal at $4 Million and Online Co-Op was a stretch goal at 2.75 Million. Let's not spread misinformation.

Dragon Ball Z: Super Android 13

hqdefault.jpg

Look at that there Trucker Hat!

"Meh" would be the appropriate word to describe Super Android 13. Meh story, meh fights, meh villains. Even the abridged version of this film is meh, relative to TFS standards anyways. It's like everyone stopped caring about making it somewhat interesting and notable.

...Actually that's not entirely true. Android 13's accent is completely ridiculous and out of place for the series. Aside from that though, it's completely unoteworthy.

wait this was an actual movie, wtf I dont remember Super Android 13

You aren't exactly missing much. Super Android 13 is even less memorable then Lord Slug. At least that had something notable about it, albeit that notable thing being that it's the DBZ version of the King Piccolo saga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom