• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
My general understanding of the dissatisfaction with wrestling right now is the main stays are kinda tired now. They've been pushed for too long, and people want some fresh faces.

Also I was bored, went on youtube, and just stumbled across some old X-play reviews.

I miss that show.

Definitely one of many issues.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Doesn't Aniplex still have a good relationship with Toonami? They allowed SAO and KLK on.
They do but Aniplex gaining old shows effectively kills it's dub since Funimation would still own that. And since the shows are too old to make a profit on a redub... RIP Baccano
So it was just pointed out to me that Birdy the Mighty might go back to Aniplex....

...which might prevent it from ever coming to Toonami as well.

Truly profound sadness friends.
Birdy probably still has a year or so left. But the inevitable change probably doesn't motivate Funimation too much to get it on TV

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Is it wrong that the thing that bugs me the most is that the supposedly pro Pokemon trainer uses a Magneton and not a Magnezone?

They do but Aniplex gaining old shows effectively kills it's dub since Funimation would still own that. And since the shows are too old to make a profit on a redub... RIP Baccano

Birdy probably still has a year or so left. But the inevitable change probably doesn't motivate Funimation too much to get it on TV

Anime rights sound messy as fuck...

Line_HTX

Okay, geez...

I just got tired of the fans in general, plus Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 took it to a whole new level, even though it was Zero. I always loved watching Zero players fail because they were stopped from doing whatever they wanted from all of Zero's complete BS mixups.

The ultimate satisfaction for me has always been Vergil killing Zero with his Level 4 Hyper.

I also didn't like all the reverence to Inafune, and now with this third delay it pretty much means that he has poor planning and mismanaged this shit to epic porportions. So I guess you can say I felt a smug sense of arrogant satisfaction.

Okay, geez...

I just got tired of the fans in general, plus Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 took it to a whole new level, even though it was Zero. I always loved watching Zero players fail because they were stopped from doing whatever they wanted from all of Zero's complete BS mixups.

The ultimate satisfaction for me has always been Vergil killing Zero with his Level 4 Hyper.

I also didn't like all the reverence to Inafune, and now with this third delay it pretty much means that he has poor planning and mismanaged this shit to epic porportions. So I guess you can say I felt a smug sense of arrogant satisfaction.

So you don't hate the series you hate whats around it?

Then what about Mighty No. 9? strip all the vile puss around it and what do you just think of the series?

Zero was waaay too OP in UMVC3 btw, he felt most balanced in TVC.

Line_HTX

Games are fine, but I felt it was put on a pedastal.

I don't know why they're bothering with online features, I don't know who even wants them or something, it sounds like a waste of a stretch goal and time.

No 9 looks fugly as shiet. I'm kind of waiting for Gutsman to show up and call No 9 MegaTwerp like in the cartoon show, lol

Raxus

Games are fine, but I felt it was put on a pedastal.

I don't know why they're bothering with online features, I don't know who even wants them or something, it sounds like a waste of a stretch goal and time.

No 9 looks fugly as shiet.

With Bloodstained's updates it just makes me glad I backed that project since it is shaping up to be gorgeous.

It is a shame Mighty number 9 missed its targets by such a huge margin.

Well its not the online in sense of pvp multiplayer (I think) its the sense of co-op, which was I believed always wanted in a Megaman game but never really given.

Whats the main thing that bothers you about the look of MN9?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well its not the online in sense of pvp multiplayer (I think) its the sense of co-op, which was I believed always wanted in a Megaman game but never really given.

Whats the main thing that bothers you about the look of MN9?

The character design is wretched (egg)

But it's so good, and people would like it. ;_;

Also the upcoming Ghost in the Shell game of questionable quality...

Apparently if you put certain equipment on a gun, it may change your stats, but often in confusing nonsensical ways.

For example, if you put a laser sight on a gun, it may lowers your movement speed.

....What?

Also the Attack on Titan game looks like it could be janky fun.

With Bloodstained's updates it just makes me glad I backed that project since it is shaping up to be gorgeous.

It is a shame Mighty number 9 missed its targets by such a huge margin.

I'm still gonna get it when it comes out because it looks fun, but this must be a nightmare for the backers lol.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I had friends who watched the older '80s cartoon when we were kids in the mid/late '90s & would play the NES brawlers. I watched the 2003 series for a while, but lost interest over time.

I'm not even sure what issues I had with it, or if I actually had an issue with it. I just never watched it. I think I never watched 4Kids much in general, either.

bigkrev

I was born at the exact point (1988) where I was too young for the first wave of TMNT/Transformers/GIJoe/ect (by the time I was 5ish years old, Power Rangers was around), a first child so I didn't have hand me down toys from an older sibling, and too old to care for their reboots/comebacks in the early 2000s.

Jarate

Banned
yeah, im not going to post in that Fire Emblem thread...

If we're talking about the worst things we ever slogged through, Tenchi Muyo GXP was something I watched as a kid. I really liked the one girl who was like the badass older chick because she was fucking cool. But I was too young to really get what the point of the show was.

Also, I was born in 91, so I was second hand Ninja Turtling from my brothers, but I never really liked TMNT that much. Thought it was too stuck in early 90's american animation cheesiness. It's like people who have fond memories of GI Joe and He Man, which were all not very good cartoons. Although the original TMNT was far and away better then those other shows.

lessons-akame-ga-kill-taught-us-3.png

...Guys, we could have so many other shows on Toonami right now.

Jarate

Banned
Have they announced a new show for AGK yet? I think I had a dream where they might have announced something but I dont remember the name of what was announced. Just making sure my dream wasnt a reality

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Except our first impression of Esdeath is that she's a batshit insane sadist. That doesn't really change. Unless the anime ending goes off the rails with her character.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Just wait until we get important lessons learned from Parasyte. "emotions are important, yo."

I watched Shaman King for a bit.

Was Shaman King actually good? I don't remember much other than the theme song was awesome.
I remember liking it as a kid, but it's been so long since I've seen it.

Mizerman

I watched Shaman King for a bit.

Was Shaman King actually good? I don't remember much other than the theme song was awesome.

I found it to be pretty decent and it was one of 4Kids' better shows on the block.

Pfft.

Except our first impression of Esdeath is that she's a batshit insane sadist. That doesn't really change. Unless the anime ending goes off the rails with her character.

........I'm not caught up on the block yet, but didn't they just say three weeks ago that Esdeath, despite loving Tatsumi, is always going to be a psycho and trying to convert her is pointless?

Pretty much. Hell, it's established firmly in the manga that despite Esdeath's affections for Tatsumi, she will always be batshit crazy and there will never any form of redemption.

Even Esdeath realized that Tatsumi will never love her.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh yeah WHY DOES SENTAI HAVE AZUMANGA DAIOH NOW UUUGGGGGHHHHHH. Didn't even know that until listening to the Toonami Show Rundown.

.....as long as they don't change the dub, I guess, considering it's hard to find the complete collection on DVD. Thankfully my library has it so I can rent it from there. Heck, it's how I first watched it.

Random AgK replacements ideas:

Shows that would continue the "Sentai Hour" that Sentai pushes on social media
  • Log Horizon
  • Beyond the Boundary
  • Chaika the Coffin Princess

Multiple year old shows that might be cheaper than a TV dub premiere
  • Code Geass? (Who even owns the rights and do they own the dub track, given Bandai's folding?)
  • Death Note?
  • Madoka?
  • Fate Zero?
  • The old Fate Stay Night anime?
  • Guilty Crown?
  • Fairy Tail?

Actual good choices (Aka won't happen because it's too expensive)
  • One Punch Man
  • JoJo
  • Hunter X Hunter 2011

Those ratings look okay, but yeah, people probably don't want to watch crappy filler.

I also completely missed the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle craze. Trailer for the game looks fun though.

I just want Pokken fighters to come out already.

The old TMNT show has not held up at all.

The Mirage comics were a completely different beast though and heck of a lot more violent than any of on screen adaptions.

Most of my fondest memories of the series back in the 90s has to be from the TMNT games when Konami didn't suck.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Esdeath marathon to celebrate Valentine's Day so you people can understand this human emotion called wuv.

..........also the Kana episodes of Parasyte.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Esdeath marathon to celebrate Valentine's Day so you people can understand this human emotion called wuv.

..........also the Kana episodes of Parasyte.

Can we have a Black Lagoon marathon instead? Revy can teach us about love instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom