• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're going to add a sports anime to Toonami, it would have to be Kuroko's Basketball for the flashy, over-the-top action feel.

tumblr_mzdbeb1hV21s4s960o5_250.gif
tumblr_mzdbeb1hV21s4s960o4_250.gif

I'd like to see Sentai redub Higurashi. That way we can we have a debate over whether the Geneon dub or hypothetical Sentai dub is the least awful.

Seda

even if you dont have big hands, it's much easier to catch a ball with your fingers rather than your forearms smh

Line_HTX

It's bad enough that I have to see Tomoka get away with stupid BS mixups in Dengeki Fighting Climax and stupid combos from her. There's no way Ro-Kyu-Bu will ever air here. There's already way too much questionable things in it already.

I'd rather go with Kuroko's Basketball more than any sport.

ROFL, REJECTED! Tomoka ain't SHIET!

Mizerman

It's bad enough that I have to see Tomoka get away with stupid BS mixups in Dengeki Fighting Climax and stupid combos from her. There's no way Ro-Kyu-Bu will ever air here. There's already way too much questionable things in it already.

My friend loves playing as her. Because he knows it would make me kinda salty.

Goddamn moe blobs.

Unless a sports anime has dudes fighting bears for training, it's not on my level.
13a488370e77bdeaf345e2c33979efe97ab9daea_hq.gif

Dumb jokes aside, I should probably actually watch Hakiyuu.

Since I've come to college, I've naturally had less time for gaming.
So when I can sit down to play something for a few hours, I do.
But I seem to get motion sickness easier than I used to. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older, or if it's just a side effect of playing less.

Now on one hand, motion sickness is an interesting affliction, and reading about it was fascinating. On the other hand, holy shit, how do people live with this. Motion sickness is goddamn awful.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You guys are being really harsh about those disabled toddlers trying to play basketball like grownups. Have a heart, guys. They clearly don't have long to live and just are trying to enjoy what precious life they have left.

BBboy20

Since I've come to college, I've naturally had less time for gaming.
So when I can sit down to play something for a few hours, I do.
But I seem to get motion sickness easier than I used to. I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older, or if it's just a side effect of playing less.

Now on one hand, motion sickness is an interesting affliction, and reading about it was fascinating. On the other hand, holy shit, how do people live with this. Motion sickness is goddamn awful.
i get it when I read or play handheld while in a car.

I normally don't play this character, but those Namco upgrades...
can not even grind at the exact spot?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
You guys are being really harsh about those disabled toddlers trying to play basketball like grownups. Have a heart, guys. They clearly don't have long to live and just are trying to enjoy what precious life they have left.

Haha savage.

For real though, how old are the girls meant to be in that GIF? High school?

Now, this is a story all about how
His life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you about the history of a guy called Trunks.

Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks

tumblr_miw6yfm33Y1s20ivko1_500.gif

The reaction most people had when watching this as a kid.

So...Is it wrong I found History of Trunks to be kinda underwhelming overall?

Part of it stems from the Dub-sub issue. The dub is desperately begging for a re-dub (It's utter crap). Meanwhile the sound quality for the sub is so bad that it's almost hard to hear what the characters are saying. It really kills it for me.

The other reason is because I feel The History of Trunks Abridged did a much better job in conving the bleak setting of Trunks' world, the relationship between Gohan and Trunks, Trunks first transformation as a Super Saiyan and even the development of Trunks as a character.

It's not a bad special and I do understand why people love it but I didn't get much enjoyment out of it personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom