• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizerman

last time I checked she's still an unsympathetic bloodhound waifu character for a corrupt politician

Don't let the shippers hear you say that.

Esdeath marathon to celebrate Valentine's Day so you people can understand this human emotion called wuv.

..........also the Kana episodes of Parasyte.

You guys are right.

....GXP marathon would make much more sense.

You are evil.

Line_HTX

I watched the 4Kids version of Tokyo Mew Mew for some reason.

They actually aired that here?

lessons-akame-ga-kill-taught-us-3.png

...Guys, we could have so many other shows on Toonami right now.

What a loving, caring smile. DeKappa

Line_HTX

Random AgK replacements ideas:

Shows that would continue the "Sentai Hour" that Sentai pushes on social media
  • Log Horizon
  • Beyond the Boundary
  • Chaika the Coffin Princess

Multiple year old shows that might be cheaper than a TV dub premiere
  • Code Geass? (Who even owns the rights and do they own the dub track, given Bandai's folding?)
  • Death Note?
  • Madoka?
  • Fate Zero?
  • The old Fate Stay Night anime?
  • Guilty Crown?
  • Fairy Tail?

Actual good choices (Aka won't happen because it's too expensive)
  • One Punch Man
  • JoJo
  • Hunter X Hunter 2011

Are the top 3 the only ones Sentai has that are done?

I would probably like Code Geass the most. I've never seen Guilty Crown though.

Crocodile

Let's not bring that conversation in here, even though we'd probably handle it better than the main page.

I kind of want to bring this conversation up in here because there are things I'm not understanding and I feel its slightly representative of some trends in discussion I'm not liking around these parts and I think most people in here are smart enough to make the conversation very reasonable. I will however respect your wishes.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh man, I'm digging the references in the Project X Zone 2 demo. First there was a line almost exactly line what Lloyd said in Tales of Symphonia about hot & iced coffee, then I get this line:

"A gunsmith? Don't tell me...two girls? They like cats?"

...............bring Gunsmith Cats to Toonami....

Dont believe PXZ's lies! Its a bad game! I dont care if Kos-Mos is in it!

i might try the demo :(

Also lol at that Esdeath picture. She's a cold evil sadist who deep down is a cold evil sadist with a lust for boring shounen protagonists.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I only put close to 65 hours into PxZ & it's my 4th most played 3DS game. What could possibly go wrong with the sequel involving Segata Sanshiro?

LOL THAT'S RIGHT, they joked about the PS3-exclusive character in Vesperia which America never saw, that was great.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, I think PxZ2 just threw out an Akira reference by name-dropping Tetsuo. Namco sure loves their anime, even outside of their anime games.

But to get back on topic, when would the next marathon take place? I doubt they'd do one for Valentine's Day. Perhaps Easter?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just rewatched the Power Rangers movie for the first time in like 20 years for my major watch-a-thon I'm doing in OT.

... It's aged about as well as a carcass. Blah.

bigkrev

I just rewatched the Power Rangers movie for the first time in like 20 years for my major watch-a-thon I'm doing in OT.

... It's aged about as well as a carcass. Blah.

The funniest part is that the black ranger is in every anime and videogame ever now, and the White ranger is an MMA fighter who wants to fight CM Punk

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yep, Ivan Ooze is the most broken fighting game character on a retail fighting game, so basically excluding MUGEN.

Crocodile

Search function tells me someone named Crocodile made three threads in 2006.

Magi is replacing AgK. Believe.

Well shit you're right O_O

I've been here for almost 10 years O_O

Granted I've taken breaks from GAF so its not like a straight 10 years but damn.

Raxus

If they are going to give us more Sentai at least give us Shirobako. It is the least Toonami show ever but at least it shows us anime is shiiiiiit. IT'S SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If they are going to give us more Sentai at least give us Shirobako. It is the least Toonami show ever but at least it shows us anime is shiiiiiit. IT'S SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!
Oh god, if it's dubbed, there's some irony about the part of voice acting & trying to find the right voice actor, but being Sentai, it would be completely & utterly wrong.

Line_HTX

Oh god, if it's dubbed, there's some irony about the part of voice acting & trying to find the right voice actor, but being Sentai, it would be completely & utterly wrong.

It would be the ultimate circle of next level meta because it's Sentai, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom