• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what else is better than Berserk?

A5ELkGE.png

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Isn't Guts' sword BIGGER than Kirito?

.........& Berserk is over 10 years older than SAO?

Edit: Berserk: 1989 (manga), 1997 (anime)
SAO: 2009 (light novel), 2012 (anime)

........oh sorry, TWENTY YEARS older than SAO.

SAO even handles its
traumatic rape scene
with more weight and gravitas than Berserk.

Miura just did it for shock value!

Playing this farce is making me sick to my stomach. I'm done. SAO and Berserk shouldn't even be uttered in the same sentence.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wonder why they changed that but haven't bothered to update the OP at all.

They really liked Dragon Soul. Also the second ending in Japanese is done by a fairly famous group so maybe the opportunity came along and they decided to change it.

Now, this is a story all about how
His life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you about the history of a guy called Trunks.

Dragon Ball Z: The History of Trunks

So...Is it wrong I found History of Trunks to be kinda underwhelming overall?

Part of it stems from the Dub-sub issue. The dub is desperately begging for a re-dub (It's utter crap). Meanwhile the sound quality for the sub is so bad that it's almost hard to hear what the characters are saying. It really kills it for me.

The other reason is because I feel The History of Trunks Abridged did a much better job in conving the bleak setting of Trunks' world, the relationship between Gohan and Trunks, Trunks first transformation as a Super Saiyan and even the development of Trunks as a character.

It's not a bad special and I do understand why people love it but I didn't get much enjoyment out of it personally.

And TFS's version? what did you think of their effort?

Wonder why they changed that but haven't bothered to update the OP at all.

I'm sure Demarco gave a reason and I think were stuck with this intro for the entire run.

And I'm not really sure if your talking about the fact that the Dragon Soul theme never got replaced as Kai went on or talking about the Toonami intro still being the Saiyan Saga intro.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm sure Demarco gave a reason and I think were stuck with this intro for the entire run.

Remember that the very first episode of DBZ KAI aired on TOONAMI had the English opening and closing in full, and then since then has had the first English opening song (though I think they updated the visual once) and the Japanese ending shortened.

Maybe they'll forget next episode and everyone will hear the awesome second ending dubbed! Which I won't link because SPOILERS!

Seda

Right, the DBZ Kai is is supposed to change notably starting this week
With the Androids, super Saiyan Gohan, etc.
We'll see.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Right, the DBZ Kai is is supposed to change notably starting this week
With the Androids, super Saiyan Gohan, etc.
We'll see.

Well, it doesn't get that crazy this week. It does get...edge lordy though. Dragon Ga Kill!

Moaradin

Akame ga Kill anime original stuff really isn't a big quality drop like other shows. It's still bad like the rest of the show, but the pacing is super rushed. Some people might actually see that as a good thing lol.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd love a redub of Trunk's special. I still think it's hands down the best DBZ movie/special, the new ones notwithstanding because I haven't seen them.

Line_HTX

It's been forever since I've seen History of Trunks. I remember it being different and kind of emotional, but I don't remember it being bad. I guess it's one of those where you see it once as a kid and probably will get a wildly different impression if you see it again later in life.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
I love the dub for History of Trunks, lol. Not a weird nostalgia opinion, either, since I only saw DBZ for the first time in 2015, anyway. (Kai, 1-98, plus the movies.)

It's a bad dub, but it works in its favor. It's so hilariously... chill. The Androids are pitch-perfect because their voicework is so cool, crisp and monotonous.

History of Trunks was probably my favorite part of my DBZ watch.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's been forever since I've seen History of Trunks. I remember it being different and kind of emotional, but I don't remember it being bad. I guess it's one of those where you see it once as a kid and probably will get a wildly different impression if you see it again later in life.

I watched it the last time I watched all of DBZ KAI and while the voice acting was a bit rougher than what I was used to it mainly hit the same notes it did when I saw it subbed years ago and dubbed on TOONAMI a bit after that.

I'd love a redub of Trunk's special. I still think it's hands down the best DBZ movie/special, the new ones notwithstanding because I haven't seen them.

I'd probably enjoy the special a lot more if it had a dub made today or if Toei didn't chuck the original audio masters. I had the same problem for this special and Bardock's special.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd probably enjoy the special a lot more if it had a dub made today or if Toei didn't chuck the original audio masters. I had the same problem for this special and Bardock's special.

Both have AWFUL sub tracks on their home video releases. Both coincidentally are what I consider the best of the specials/movies because, well, they're interesting bits of the canon the show doesn't cover and have that tragic but hopeful tone I'm a sucker for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom