• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both have AWFUL sub tracks on their home video releases. Both coincidentally are what I consider the best of the specials/movies because, well, they're interesting bits of the canon the show doesn't cover and have that tragic but hopeful tone I'm a sucker for.

Oh so it isn't just me then. The sound quality is complete ass for everyone. Good to know.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Nah man Ippo.

Toonami needs that unabashed dick grabbing. I'll push Ippo every chance I get and I don't even actively participate in this thread!

I'm with you on this, you guys would fucking love Ippo. Great fights with decent pacing (the manga is so far ahead they'd never catch up) and some funny shit and character stuff in between.

Moaradin

Ippo is the one sport anime I could see Toonami allowing. It gets a pass since it's all about dudes punching the hell out of each other.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Ippo is the one sport anime I could see Toonami allowing. It gets a pass since it's all about dudes punching the hell out of each other.

We just need to show DeMarco one of Takamura's fights and he'll be all over it.

I wish. I just want an excuse to watch it again :lol

Crocodile

I watched the first season of Ippo and while I liked most of what I saw, I don't recall it being God's gift to anime. I'm not opposed to re-watching it but I don't think I'm as big a fan of it as other people.

Moaradin

We just need to show DeMarco one of Takamura's fights and he'll be all over it.

I wish. I just want an excuse to watch it again :lol

tumblr_m4f4wwE7rB1qi4axco1_400.gif

Send DeMarco this gif and Ippo will be Akame ga Kill's replacement.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Zatch Bell annoyed me for the fact it just STOPPED. They didn't bother airing the rest of the episodes. But otherwise, I rather liked that show....plus it was the only times I didn't mind the censorship, since they made Zatch wear underwear, even if one scene, you saw his underwear on the ground with his shirt-skirt thing. Though I got a big laugh discovering Fugore's "HEY HEY LET'S DANCE ALL DAY" song was originally about boobies.

Also, CAAAAATCH, MYYYY, HEEEEAAAAART, VERY MELON!!!

& they technically aired Eyeshield 21...........on Jetstream, granted, but it was still part of Toonami.

Mizerman

Yeah, Zatch Bell was on for a good while on Toonami then it just stopped appearing. It was a shame since I enjoyed the show around that time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I heard it was around episode 104, which was based on that "evil" princess & her little....boy....thing. Don't think the gang got out of that castle they were exploring.

I THINK Viz localized the manga? Wonder if they changed some of the stuff like the TV version did.

Oh look...Miguzi.

Did you say...Miguzi? MIGUZI?!

Always hated that fucking block, may it rot in a special kind of hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So ToonamiGAF, lets switch topics for a second because I wanna see your shock and horror reactions to this. Scooby Doo is getting a DC Comics new 52 comic reboot along with some other Hanna Barbara franchises. heres the first issue cover:
zq3gtmm3t9ksh3linwld.jpg

And if you think I'm joking.

Okay so my breakdown of this:

~Wtf is scooby doo now? alien dog? techno hybrid? explain here. also "Scoob, what does the scouter say about his power level?!"
~Daphne looks like she can tango with Black Widow in a fight now, which is cool. hated her outdated damsel in distress shit.
~Fred is still wearing the fucking scarf why?!?! also he looks like someone from Contra.
~Shaggy looks like my cousin Michael, who ironically lives in the mountains and smokes pot. so yeah they nailed that.
~And Velma...oh velma...gamer/tech girl now? and how much did they de-age her by?!

Daphne hasnt been a damsel in distress since like the live action movies. One of the things the cartoon kept from that was that she knows martial arts. There was a whole animated movie where she participated as one of the best martial artists in the world. But anyway, that shit is terrible. Shaggy is too well groomed to be Shaggy. It's literally his nickname. Velma looks godawful too. Also Fred has tribal tattoos. Whoever made that comic is obvs a terrible person and I hate them

Daphne hasnt been a damsel in distress since like the live action movies.

I thought her schtick was in the same in the WNSD and SDMInc cartoons? and I don't know about BCSD (the new series that looks like Family Guy) but I could be recalling wrong, I don't think the cartoon movies are canon with any of those series's.

Her character jumps all over the place TBH.

I thought her schtick was in the same in the WNSD and SDMInc cartoons? and I don't know about BCSD (the new series that looks like Family Guy) but I could be recalling wrong, I don't think the cartoon movies are canon with any of those series's.

Her character jumps all over the place TBH.
I guess it's much like comics in that the characters change with whoever is running the show.

Crocodile

Over its 40-50 year history, the Scooby Doo franchise is usually at its best when they are fighting real monsters. So maybe this reboot has a chance to be good?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Over its 40-50 year history, the Scooby Doo franchise is usually at its best when they are fighting real monsters. So maybe this reboot has a chance to be good?

But aren't the real monsters greedy old men who want to prey on the fears of others just for material gain?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Daphne hasnt been a damsel in distress since like the live action movies. One of the things the cartoon kept from that was that she knows martial arts. There was a whole animated movie where she participated as one of the best martial artists in the world. But anyway, that shit is terrible. Shaggy is too well groomed to be Shaggy. It's literally his nickname. Velma looks godawful too. Also Fred has tribal tattoos. Whoever made that comic is obvs a terrible person and I hate them

To be fair, 2010s Fred absolutely would have tribal tattoos.

Regiruler

The | only | 3 | (4 maybe?) good movies ever will like to have a word with you.

-Act 1 of witch's ghost was fake monsters.
-99% of alien invaders were people in masks, the fact that the side characters were real aliens wasn't even relevant.
-How is cyber chase even an example, it was explicitly a creation.

Camp Scare is also better than invaders and cyber chase. For the record, witch is better than zombie island.

I remember Zombie Island surprising the hell out me when I watch it.

Even as a kid I remember thinking it was pretty brutal for something aimed at kids/teenagers.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I remember Zombie Island surprising the hell out me when I watch it.

Even as a kid I remember thinking it was pretty brutal for something aimed at kids/teenagers.

When I get home I'm going to find it and watch it. Then the witch one with that goth band that kept hitting on Freddy.

Scooby Doo seems like that thing no one is passionate about but everyone knows, making it prime material to be printed on shirts for Hot Topic and endlessly rebooted to be equally as bad as it ever was.

Raxus

Scooby Doo seems like that thing no one is passionate about but everyone knows, making it prime material to be printed on shirts for Hot Topic and endlessly rebooted to be equally as bad as it ever was.

It seems really short sited since it has SOMETHING to keep people coming back.

And I'd fight to the death that Mystery Inc. is good viewing. Shame it got canned with the rest of the action block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom