• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Scooby Doo is very mediocre, especially the original cartoon. The animation was so horrible compared to other works made before it.

But the characters in it are all pretty likeable, except for scooby, but he's a dog so how can you hate him?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Wait theirs a scooby doo / WWE crossover?! with john cena!?!?

4PSTEkB.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Chris Redfield would've just punched the boulder. Chris >>> John Cen-it-done

Also, if you thought the SD/WWE crossover was weird....

91t401zEK2L._SX425_.jpg

They meet John Cenastone. GET IT, CUZ IT'S A ROCK PUN!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I bet THE ROCK is in that movie, along with ROCKY BALBOULDER.

Maybe there'll be a song by Michael JACKSTONE.

I bet Pebbles & Bam-Bam weren't there because they were playing at the JURASSIC PARK.

Regiruler

Let's be real here: What's new Scooby Doo was the best Scooby Doo series.
What's new was pretty good, tbh. It's where they started diversifying the writing and expanding their choice in source material (started using a lot more obscure--and more interesting--mythology). It was somewhat of a proto mystery inc.

I think Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated was the only one I enjoyed all the other ones are just the usual status quo tropes you come to expect from the series.

Did you say...Miguzi? MIGUZI?!

Always hated that fucking block, may it rot in a special kind of hell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So ToonamiGAF, lets switch topics for a second because I wanna see your shock and horror reactions to this. Scooby Doo is getting a DC Comics new 52 comic reboot along with some other Hanna Barbara franchises. heres the first issue cover:
zq3gtmm3t9ksh3linwld.jpg

And if you think I'm joking.

Okay so my breakdown of this:

~Wtf is scooby doo now? alien dog? techno hybrid? explain here. also "Scoob, what does the scouter say about his power level?!"
~Daphne looks like she can tango with Black Widow in a fight now, which is cool. hated her outdated damsel in distress shit.
~Fred is still wearing the fucking scarf why?!?! also he looks like someone from Contra.
~Shaggy looks like my cousin Michael, who ironically lives in the mountains and smokes pot. so yeah they nailed that.
~And Velma...oh velma...gamer/tech girl now? and how much did they de-age her by?!

What the hell did they do to my waifu Velma?

Honestly, after Mystery Incorporated, the Scooby Doo franchise should have gone to rest for a few years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wow, they released the dub back in 2012. You can see it on Crunchyroll or Hulu if you dare see how the dub was handled.

Edit: So I just checked, Sentai releases Shirobako next month on the 9th....& thank goodness, there's no dub. There would've been so many levels of irony during the scenes involving the one character who wants to get into voice acting & talking about that process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom