• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Speaking of which, we need all new OT graphics and a Retired Shows-sized Michiko & Hatchin banner.

The spacers between sections are now two 'sets' old lol >_<

Also the retired banners are just the same with an 'm' added to the end of the imgur url. yay auto resizing

The banner is new. I didn't make it :eek:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Kind of lower, but it's just the start of the year & was still considered the holidays for most people, so that might explain it. Champloo did rather well, I'd say, even if it didn't break 1 million.

Seda

e0TTfdm.png

I guess that blog changed name and the new source is http://programminginsider.com/ratings

Line_HTX

Also the retired banners are just the same with an 'm' added to the end of the imgur url. yay auto resizing

Yay, finally a new graphic for the base on a desert planet.

Champloo got close to one million. Good enough numbers for the first two hours. We are back to normal viewer numbers for non-marathons.

Wow at over 700 K people loving the Froggy Towlie eating snacks and playing Frogger.

Grexeno

I was frankly a little surprised they didn't go with another marathon for last Saturday. Always seemed a bit too close to New Year's Day.

TUSR

Banned

did you want new graphics?

i could make some quality ones

Seda

did you want new graphics?

i could make some quality ones

All I could use are those spacer things, really. Basically they had a wallpaper with the logo which was easy enough to vertically trim. The current official wallpapers aren't so easily fit as a spacer.

www.toonami.com

Also I think I'll probably just start linking to the previous thread at the bottom instead of all threads haha.

While I'm at it, if anyone has comments on the opening posts just let me know. It's supposed to just relay the main info at a quick glance.

Line_HTX

All I could use are those spacer things, really. Basically they had a wallpaper with the logo which was easy enough to vertically trim. The current official wallpapers aren't so easily fit as a spacer.

www.toonami.com

Also I think I'll probably just start linking to the previous thread at the bottom instead of all threads haha.

While I'm at it, if anyone has comments on the opening posts just let me know. It's supposed just relay the main info at a quick glance.

Shouldn't the graphic look exactly like the Mature viewing disclaimer and the LATER in all light blue-ish?

No, those threads need to still be linked for history to view all the hilarious and crazy shit over the years. Maybe start as far back as when SAO started? :p

Hmm... do we really need a movies section?

It's a shame that Toonami is not doing the bump lineups coming back from commercial. I enjoyed those a lot with different screenshots and unique music.

Seda, do you want me to shoot you the knockoff Toonami font I found to make the header image (yes, thread, if you don't like it, blame me) so you can update the times and whatnot?

Line_HTX

I don't know... I kind of don't like the look of that wallpaper... Some seemingly abandoned transmission base in the middle of a desert planet that looks like it could be covered up by a sandstorm? It feels like you're stuck there without an Absolution.

Seda

Seda, do you want me to shoot you the knockoff Toonami font I found to make the header image (yes, thread, if you don't like it, blame me) so you can update the times and whatnot?

Sure, I suppose since the 'A' is pretty distinct I probably should change the time labels.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
For future convienence, can we put the ending dates either in the OT or at the very least on the first page? It's a bit of a pain trying to find the last time someone posted it and trying to do searches doesn't seem to help (that, or it just was somehow posted in a way searches don't bring it up).

Seda

For future convienence, can we put the ending dates either in the OT or at the very least on the first page? It's a bit of a pain trying to find the last time someone posted it and trying to do searches doesn't seem to help (that, or it just was somehow posted in a way searches don't bring it up).

Oh yeah I should probably do that more consistently with the wall of shame 2nd posts.

Also I should catch up on stuff I missed.

Grexeno

Akame ga Kill!: February 20
Parasyte –the maxim-: April 9
Kill la Kill: April 9
Samurai Champloo: June 25
Dragon Ball Z Kai: November 26, 2016 (not including Buu Arc), January 27, 2018 (including Buu Arc)
Naruto Shippuden: AHAHAHA....
One Piece: ....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'll add it to the wall of shame post.

Line_HTX

Oh yeah I should probably do that more consistently with the wall of shame 2nd posts.

Also I should catch up on stuff I missed.

You missed some serious edge, a high jump, DJ Qbert scratch set, and one hell of a frog, like literally, this frog is the best, lmao

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I would change Shippuden's end date to "How the fuck is it still going? The manga ended already!"

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Cool, appreciate it. It just came to mind yesterday because we were talking about Momo-Con & I wanted to see what shows would be ending near May or so, but couldn't find it via searches & such.

Considering it happens in May, I would guess that's when they would announce Champloo's replacement since it ends the month after, but that's really it.

Dragon Ball Z: The Dead Zone

maxresdefault.jpg

Contrary to what his name would tell you, Garlic Jr. is in fact, not yummy...

So as part of my anime new years resolution I decided to watch the Dragon Ball Z flims (as in all of them) starting with the first flim, The Dead Zone.

So basically this Pilaf look-a-like's master plan is to kill Kami by killing Piccolo, get the Dragon Ball's to wish himself immortal and conquer/destroy the world, in that order. Sounds like a good plan, so good in fact that he fails to realize killing Piccolo first (and by extension Kami) will make the balls inert and ruin everything else in his brilliant scheme. And yet, no one acknowledges that fatal flaw in his plan, not even Kami during his confrontation with Garlic Jr. (thank you Team Four Star for doing so in the writer's stead)

Fundamental flaw in the villain's plan aside, The Dead Zone is pretty enjoyable. The fight scenes were well choreographed (best part of the movie being the Power Pole sword fight scene), the animation is quite good for 1989, and the film does make good use of the series lore to give Garlic Jr. a motivation. The ending is a bit of an asspull but it doesn't detract from the film overall (at least not in the same way trying to kill Kami before using the Dragon Balls does anyway).

Oh and Krillin inadvertently drinks Gohan's pee. That's also a thing that happens.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

So as part of my anime new years resolution I decided to watch the Dragon Ball Z flims (as in all of them) starting with the first flim, The Dead Zone.

So basically this Pilaf look-a-like's master plan is to kill Kami by killing Piccolo, get the Dragon Ball's to wish himself immortal and conquer/destroy the world, in that order. Sounds like a good plan, so good in fact that he fails to realize killing Piccolo first (and by extension Kami) will make the balls inert and ruin everything else in his brilliant scheme. And yet, no one acknowledges that fatal flaw in his plan, not even Kami during his confrontation with Garlic Jr. (thank you Team Four Star for doing so in the writer's stead)

Fundamental flaw in the villain's plan aside, The Dead Zone is pretty enjoyable. The fight scenes were well choreographed (best part of the movie being the Power Pole sword fight scene), the animation is quite good for 1989, and the film does make good use of the series lore to give Garlic Jr. a motivation. The ending is a bit of an asspull but it doesn't detract from the film overall (at least not in the same way trying to kill Kami before using the Dragon Balls does anyway).

Oh and Krillin inadvertently drinks Gohan's pee. That's also a thing that happens.

Now go watch the Abridged version, so good.

Mizerman

Glad you enjoyed it for what it was.

Now go watch the Abridged version, so good.

No lies detected.

Line_HTX

Oh yeah, I forgot Ocean Group dubbed the first three movies. I wonder if I should watch World's Strongest and Tree of Might with those dubs?

Those three movies were the best in Canadian dub. Loved them all as a kid. Rewatched them years later with the Funimation version, and it just wasn't the same. For whatever reason the everything else was better in Funimation audio.

Yes, watch World's Strongest and Tree of Might in Ocean Group.

The best moment of those three is without question the "BRING IT ONNNNNN!!!" yell in Tree of Might.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom