• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

hHVm9RT.png
Saving.

Dragon Ball Z: The Tree of Might
latest

Not pictured: An evil goatee.

This film I actually watched back when the Ocean dub made it a 3-part episode. It's my first time watching it as a feature film however. The flim Tree of Might is all right with the second half making up for the first, for the most part.

The Good:
Tien, Chiaotzu, and Yamcha are in this. Although Yamcha only purpose seems to be getting shit on by everyone else.
Giant monkey fight! Easily the best part of the film.
Turles is a fun villian. Helps he's voiced by Chris Patton.
The imagery when The Tree of Might was sucking the Earth's energy. This might sound odd, but it reminded me of Chernobyl in that nature is reclaiming the Earth, so to speak. And I interpreted the Green forest turning red as an allusion to the red forest.

The bad:
The first 25-30 minutes aren't good. It brings the whole production down and honestly should have been cut in half.
Chi Chi: Still unlikable and unsympathetic as ever. If anything, she might be worse than usual here.
Icarus: Kinda pointless and kinda annoying. The embodiment of every single "I found a wild animal that really likes me and my mom/dad/boss won't let me keep him" cliche. Could do without him.
How Turles was defeated: It's an asspull that is only explained by King Kai after the fact.

Overall it's a mixed bag. It could definitely be worse, but it could also be a better experience.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
fFbZ8Kjt.png

Funimation has a new Logo. I think they want me to vote for them or something?

They are also launching new mobile apps, new apps on Roku and AppleTV (FINALLY), and some other stuff.
I see Funimation has discovered the Web 2.0 craze of the early 2000s

Seda

The comic is pretty clearly jabbing at people who define themselves by 'what they like' and refuse to re-evaluate their tastes or preferences as they age.

Stop me if you've heard this one before: A big green demon slug seeks the Earth Dragon Balls to wish to return to the prime of his youth. He then proceeds to conquer the planet shortly after achieveing his goal of eternal youth. Now am I talking about the King Piccolo saga or am I talking about...

Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug

latest

King Kai, if that's a Super Saiyan then Yamcha's not a jobber.

So yes, Lord Slug probably has the least original plot of all the DBZ films. Incidentally, it might be the most notable part about the entire film. With perhaps the exception of Piccolo trolling the bat-pig guy, Lord Slug is completely inconsequential with nothing noteworthy about it. Even the false Super Saiyan transformation is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly don't have much to say about Lord Slug. It's a pretty damn mediocre watch.

Line_HTX

The power of MC Cupid Vash.

Stop me if you've heard this one before: A big green demon slug seeks the Earth Dragon Balls to wish to return to the prime of his youth. He then proceeds to conquer the planet shortly after achieveing his goal of eternal youth. Now am I talking about the King Piccolo saga or am I talking about...

Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug

So yes, Lord Slug probably has the least original plot of all the DBZ films. Incidentally, it might be the most notable part about the entire film. With perhaps the exception of Piccolo trolling the bat-pig guy, Lord Slug is completely inconsequential with nothing noteworthy about it. Even the false Super Saiyan transformation is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly don't have much to say about Lord Slug. It's a pretty damn mediocre watch.

Is this the movie that had a bunch of Disturbed songs like Stupify in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom