• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
O9V0jxc.gif

Mizerman

Stop me if you've heard this one before: A big green demon slug seeks the Earth Dragon Balls to wish to return to the prime of his youth. He then proceeds to conquer the planet shortly after achieveing his goal of eternal youth. Now am I talking about the King Piccolo saga or am I talking about...

Dragon Ball Z: Lord Slug

So yes, Lord Slug probably has the least original plot of all the DBZ films. Incidentally, it might be the most notable part about the entire film. With perhaps the exception of Piccolo trolling the bat-pig guy, Lord Slug is completely inconsequential with nothing noteworthy about it. Even the false Super Saiyan transformation is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

I honestly don't have much to say about Lord Slug. It's a pretty damn mediocre watch.

Lord Slug was a forgetful DBZ movie (and character).

ckohler

I hope you showed this to the Sentai Twitter account and hope that they have a sense of humor, haha

Nah. I'm not that vindictive. I just thought it was funny. :)

Yeah, that's about right.

*right click save*

Brilliant. Now ckohler needs a new tag.

Actually, Evilore said I could have whatever image I wanted. :p

Sentai will enable me to own agk, parasyte, log horizon, and u&t on blu ray for not aniplex prices so they're alright in my book.

I agree that Aniplex's prices are criminal. My impression of Sentai so far is that they have a handfull of good shows mixed in with a lot of b-tier, kinda smutty looking stuff. The AgK dub is embarrassing (and I'm not a fan of the show) but I'm quite enjoying Parasyte so far. I've heard good things about Log Horizion, Space Brothers, and a few others they have so it's not like they're all bad or anything.

If you only care about show acquisitions and not dubs, Sentai seems to have the leg up there.

I think. I'm anime-stupid remember.

Yeah pretty much. Funi picks up shows then subs them like 4 days later. Also their player sucks and has the Xbone crushed blacks problem hardcore. CR isn't perfect but a lot better

Nisemonogatari 4 Toonami.

I'm also mad at Funi because they got Code Geass over a year ago and still haven't released a new set for it so fuck em.

Line_HTX

Nisemonogatari 4 Toonami.

I'm also mad at Funi because they got Code Geass over a year ago and still haven't released a new set for it so fuck em.

OMG, THIS SO MUCH. What in the fuck is the holdup. I've been waiting for ages to buy the complete pack ever since Bandai Entertainment vanished forever. The wait has gotten so bad that I completely forgot that that license was rescued only to be held for who knows how long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom