• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
hey guys if I set up a discord would all ya'll use it

Also, im probably going to PM a lot of you regarding a little project ive been thinking of working on, so expect that eventually

Aren't you betraying your girl by having a different girl (Kirino) as your avatar?

You right.

Think i need to make a photoshop edit when i get home. Kirino will get her time again when Dengeki Bunko Ignition hits.

Though i might have to bring Kuroko back for that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Today I learned Oda makes a whopping $26 million a year from One Piece via licensing & character goods.

Korigama

To be fair that might be Sunrise; Cowboy Bebop is the only thing we've heard JACK SHIT about from any company that licensed their stuff.
That has been bothering me for a while now, especially considering how expensive those have generally gotten now that they're out of print.

*also feels noticed, also believes the new Funi logo looks terrible*

You know, when a pretty girl notices you...

...it's like you level up.

Hm, no reaction.

Come on guys, I'm obviously referencing a memorable character from Akame Ga Kill.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh, I level up alright.

.....IN MY
heart

Speaking of AgK, where does it fall on this chart?

The+edge+o+meter+bismuth+would+be+off+the+chart_765696_5496320.jpg

Seda

I played Shadow the Hedgehog.

I did the 8 different routes to get the final route or whatever and beat that.

fuck

Line_HTX

Whose going to be watching the true anime block on Saturday

NFL PLAYOFFS

I am going to post so much all day and all night tomorrow from the games into Toonami and back again on Sunday.

Seda, come watch us struggle. Shouta can't be the only mod that watches along, haha.

Oh, I level up alright.

.....IN MY
heart

Speaking of AgK, where does it fall on this chart?

The+edge+o+meter+bismuth+would+be+off+the+chart_765696_5496320.jpg

ONE! Nothing wrong with me.
TWO! Nothing wrong with me.

I thought there wouldn't be any edgier character than Shadow the Hedgehog, lol

Line_HTX

Remember when Cooler's Revenge had Drowning Pool also?

Seemed like a cool movie at the time before realizing all of the villains suck.

TheChits

Yeah I own it and have seen it numerous times, but I haven't watched it in a year or so. I am trying to keep my toonami watch of it mostly clean without watching ahead. I know it is silly, but I haven't watched a show on toonami in what feels like forever, so this seems like a good opportunity to get back into the swing of things.

Guys, the TOMmys 2015 are here and in no way affiliated with the Toonami GAF awards that will happen soon!

It's four hours long, but there are a bunch of time stamps in the description to skip around to the categories and the winners as well as an MP3 download.

Is it worth it to crosspost every "I just watched some random anime shows" posts I make in both community threads, or does everyone also pay attention to the anime OTs?

One Piece Film: Z
tumblr_nei101EZZO1trxys9o3_500.gif

Rare footage of Sanji not jobbing.
So I finally got around to watching Z. I owned for some time, but I ended up putting it off.

And it's pretty good. I liked it. It's not amazing, because I think it follows some some standard shonen movie tropes a bit much. And some of the fanservice is a bit much.

(Though it is in some regards equal opportunity fanservice, so that's nice.) Also, why is Franky pushed out of the movie for such a length of time? That's not right.

That said, Zephyr was a compelling villain that actually fleshed out the marines a bit more than it did the pirates. Who would think Doberman of all people would get defined a bit more?

Also I thought that Chimney was the ugliest child in the One Piece universe.

But well...

...Oh...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I remember Shadow the Hedgehog being one of the first game I ever hated despite looking forward to it, & I was around....13, I think.

Guys, the TOMmys 2015 are here and in no way affiliated with the Toonami GAF awards that will happen soon!

It's four hours long, but there are a bunch of time stamps in the description to skip around to the categories and the winners as well as an MP3 download.
Cool, will download later today & listen to it sometime next week.

Edit: So Namco doesn't dub the One Piece video games because of "atmospheric purposes".....So in order words, "it's too much damn work to get all the Funimation voice actors when the games have 50+ characters in it"?

Edit: So Namco doesn't dub the One Piece video games because of "atmospheric purposes".....So in order words, "it's too much damn work to get all the Funimation voice actors when the games have 50+ characters in it"?

Pretty much.

If you wanna read me briefly raging (like an idiot) at idiots defending the process go over to the gaming side and read the thread. To be fair, one guy defending the process was just confused, and thought I wanted the dub over the sub.

Also, do you guys think we'll hear more of the froggy song tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom