• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jan16| Maybe I Should Have Worn Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grexeno

Pretty much.

If you wanna read me briefly raging (like an idiot) at idiots defending the process go over to the gaming side and read the thread. To be fair, one guy defending the process was just confused, and thought I wanted the dub over the sub.

Also, do you guys think we'll hear more of the froggy song tonight?
Which thread?

Raxus

To this day I am shocked there are still sub only people in this forum.

Also nobody is ready for the Froggy Song (or the things he does with Naruto's body)

Line_HTX

Also nobody is ready for the Froggy Song (or the things he does with Naruto's body)

Not really a shocker. Some people are just too damn adamant.

You know, with this current lineup, Toonami has two different extreme whiplashes, one after DBZ Kai and of course immediately after Champloo.

I hope all my conspirators are ready for 12:00 noon EST.

What are y'all doin' in 40 minutes?

Mizerman

Not really surprised. There are some people who prefer the sub while bashing the dub.

Should not have gone into that One Piece thread y'all mentioned. Shit is infuriating. Actually calling the One Piece Funi dub bad. Nakama please.

Moaradin

People are declaring all dubs bad in that thread. Most likely haven't heard more than 5 minutes of the One Piece dub. Not gonna get any good discussion in that thread.

Seda

When I went into the thread I saw several people say the dub is good and a few say they otherwise, what's the problem?

One Piece Funimation dub is not bad.

In fact most Funimation dubs are pretty good, I must say.

Some people...

There are sadly some people will continue to think dubs is 90s tier in terms of quality. And then you'll get people who say Cowboy Bebop is the only good dub out there, which has become the anime dub equivalent of the "black best friend"

Line_HTX

There are sadly some people will continue to think dubs is 90s tier in terms of quality. And then you'll get people who say Cowboy Bebop is the only good dub out there, which has become the anime dub equivalent of the "black best friend"

Goddamn, now I can never NOT think of that comparison.

Savage.

Grexeno

Doctor Decimate you need to actually start the Hangout first, I think. It just says "this will start soon will you watch"

Mizerman

As a black dude, I totally get what you're saying with this.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
As a black dude, I totally get what you're saying with this.

I still don't!

I could look it up but that's no fun.

Is it the idea of saying, "oh, my best friend is black!" as some kind of status statement? "Oh, but I don't hate ALL anime, I like Cowboy Bebop!" Is it like that?

Mizerman

I still don't!

I could look it up but that's no fun.

Is it the idea of saying, "oh, my best friend is black!" as some kind of status statement? "Oh, but I don't hate ALL anime, I like Cowboy Bebop!" Is it like that?

Kinda. Though it's relegated to dubbing aspects. Certain sub only viewers won't admit that dubbing has improved since the 90's and early 2000s and when somebody brings up Cowboy Bebop as an example, they might use that to say that "I don't hate dubs. Cowboy Bebop was a good dub. But..."

Something in the manner of "oh my best friend is [insert race]" is a way of deflecting an argument without being sincere about it. Or any other variation that makes anybody look suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom