• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeMyers

tumblr_n2xvq1br0Y1qdszopo1_250.gif

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Oh Man God

Naruto non canon material has a bad rap. It's actually better than the equivalent amount of Naruto Shippuden. Even the animation, which starts out incredibly low budget and off spec in season six of Naruto after the Sauce fight, is better than the low frame count looping crap they use to save budget in Shippuden.

Soulflarz

Banned
Naruto non canon material has a bad rap. It's actually better than the equivalent amount of Naruto Shippuden. Even the animation, which starts out incredibly low budget and off spec in season six of Naruto after the Sauce fight, is better than the low frame count looping crap they use to save budget in Shippuden.
Oh.

*havent seen naruto since I was a kid*

Man, been rereading One Piece for a few weeks now and Usopp fighting is still some of the most hype shit ever. That moment when him and Chopper finally took down Miss Merry Christmas and Mr. 4 gave me the vapors something fierce.

Takashi

Little late but-

Attack on Titan
Pacing issues really start to surface here. They'll probably be especially noticeable with episodes only once a week, considering I had watched a good portion of the first half in succession.

Bleach
Lot of nothing happened. Setting hasn't changed, people still being shrunken; hopefully it picks up with this next fight. (I've been wanting it to pick up for a while now)

Space Dandy
Solid episode. Nothing spectacular though, just okay. Still dig the good animation and soundtrack.

Shippuden
Attack on Titan may have its pacing issues but they're nothing compared to this. And Titan doesn't insult my intelligence either unlike Shippuden's fucking toddler-level logic. What an absolute joke.

One Piece
When I actually watch, I enjoy what I see (sogeking). That said, even though I may not always pay attention, I do know the gist of what's going on. Just getting a little fatigued from the whole being on the train thing.

Blue Exorcist
The story, its characters, and their actions are all getting quite convoluted now. I'm still entertained by it though which is more than I could say for crap like Shippuden. As long as it doesn't try to have an ending like Soul Eater, I think I'll be okay.

Black Lagoon
Highlight of the block. Pacing, characters, dialogue, action, humor- it hits all those notes excellently.

BL >> Dandy > AoT > BE > OP >> Bleach > Shippuden

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I don't know if I'm going to give Bleach a pass for the 10th straight good episode as this week's was borderline. Better than your average Bleach these past few arcs...but not by much.

....Who am I kidding, Bleach was great! Bleach in less than 6 days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom