• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOLDSFAN

tumblr_n8om00yeux1rp4aoxo1_500.jpg

lawl
That thread is amazing.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 19:

Ah yes, this episode has hit another major divergent point that gave the show its own identity. Indeed this is the episode
that sees Nephrite gain an actual character arc and gives Naru something else to do other then be the damsel in distress.
Quite a lot of forward progression was made, from a subtle shift in tactics to what I believe is the first reveal
of Mamoru as Tuxedo Mask to the audience and also quite a bit of foreshadowing of King Endymon.
I suppose my biggest issue with this episode is that apparently Occam's Razor is a foreign concept to pretty much all the girls because love is blinding. Also, signs that this show was made in a different time, it thinks nothing of pairing up obvious adults with middle school girls, which apparently was the style of the time in Shoujo. Anyway, this episode gets a highest recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon Episode 20:

On the other side of the spectrum, we have this rancid pile of trash. Seriously, what the fuck happened here, what combination of drugs were used to give us a mixing of a useless beach episode and a fucking episode of Scooby-Doo? This isn't Sailor Moon, this is a bad acid trip, highest recommendation to avoid.

Speaking of Fire Emblem, so far I'm enjoying the first NA GBA game way less than Sacred Stones. Eliwood and Lynn are unlikable (although Hector is awesome) compared to Eirika and Ephraim, I miss having an overworld where I could shop between battles, the story is pretty boring, and the game is easier on normal difficulty (so far). I'm on chapter 17 right now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Eirika is a total snooze fest and kind of an Eliwood ripoff though.

Lyn...Lyn is the best. This might actually break the Bleach alliance once and for all.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The only other person I know with this opinion also played SS first, so it might be one of those first love sorts of things.

I'll only disown Gucci if he says something like SS's recruitment jingle is better than Together We Ride.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Speaking of Fire Emblem, so far I'm enjoying the first NA GBA game way less than Sacred Stones. Eliwood and Lynn are unlikable (although Hector is awesome) compared to Eirika and Ephraim, I miss having an overworld where I could shop between battles, the story is pretty boring, and the game is easier on normal difficulty (so far). I'm on chapter 17 right now.

Bu-bu-but Lyn is the BEST. Eliwood is cool too.

You've broken these bonds beyond repair Gucci!

The only other person I know with this opinion also played SS first, so it might be one of those first love sorts of things.

I'll only disown Gucci if he says something like SS's recruitment jingle is better than Together We Ride.

Those would be fighting words and probably ban worthy.

Seda

Hmm

I've talked about this before, but I really like Fire Emblem when it is a little restricting. I enjoy having limited money, limited chapters, limited total EXP available. You have to be smart with your equipment load out. I like managing my party within the boundaries the game gives me, there's only so many characters on horseback, so many mage units, flyers, etc, and you can't use everyone. I treat them as chess pieces that fill a role, and you only get so many. You can only shop in certain chapters, access the arena in certain chapters. I love it.

While I still enjoyed Sacred Stones, and I mean that - having the world map, which basically unrestricts EXP, money, equipment, and character selection, brought it down, and Awakening's expansion on that I was even more sour on (especially the generous re-classing).

I don't ever really care about narrative too much, although I think Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn's connected storyline is one the best in that regard despite a few weird plot turns (namely, blood pacts). There is a shop is between battles, to note.

That said, I think for those familiar, it follows that Fire Emblem GBA and Path of Radiance are my favorites in the series, although I still had quite a bit of fun with many of the other games other than Shadow Dragon.

One thing that Fire Emblem GBA does well is how supports between characters reveal more details about their backgrounds and fleshes out not only the characters /as/ characters, but fleshes out the world in general. Also a better balance of romance and other relationships compared to Awakening. Also, Chapters 11-18 or so (the first part of the actual narrative) are indeed pretty ho-hum in comparison to the latter parts.

Also, Ike is best lord.

(Note I haven't played fan translations of earlier games yet. Yes I'm aware that Holy War is a great game and is a factor in conversation about the series.)

Here's something you guys will find amusing: When playing through Sacred Stones I didn't realize knights crests and items of that nature had to be used to increase stats or upgrade units so I sat on them. Had a lot of maxed out characters halfway through the game.

EDIT: Didn't want to double post but 2 more episode of Death Note left. I really hate Light at this point, while I think the series should have ended when
L died
, this second half has still managed to keep me mildly entertained.

EDIT 2: Satisfying ending

As of now, the only anime of the summer season that are most likely guaranteed for Toonami next year are Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyo no Terror, and SAO II.

Maybe Akame ga Kill! if Sentai wants to actually play ball and work with Adult Swim.

JoJo only in my dreams. :'(

daveo42

Banned
Missed pretty much all of the new anime from last week and the new Korras. Going to have a busy night playing catch-up.

I never got into Fire Emblem, though SMT x FE seems right up my alley.

DominoKid

As of now, the only anime of the summer season that are most likely guaranteed for Toonami next year are Tokyo Ghoul, Zankyo no Terror, and SAO II.

Maybe Akame ga Kill! if Sentai wants to actually play ball and work with Adult Swim.

JoJo only in my dreams. :'(

what makes you think Ghoul will get on?

Ending of Deathnote is awful, it's not what happens DN spoilers
Light dying was the correct way to end the story
it's how it happened.

Crocodile

Sorry, I hate to speak ill of others but I have to get this off my chest - Beelzebufo has to be one of the most annoying posters in a thread (Smash) I regularly follow. A literal brick wall :/

I hate to go off topic in the Fire Emblem OT, but I think we've got our Cowboy Bebop return image:

tumblr_n8ojnzBH0f1qayyipo1_500.png

Yes, I can't get enough of the ball pit

Gorillaz

Toonami brehs, what version of Destiny beta are you guys going to be on...if you guys are getting it

I just want to know where Bleachgaf is forming at

Sorry, I hate to speak ill of others but I have to get this off my chest - Beelzebufo has to be one of the most annoying posters in a thread (Smash) I regularly follow. A literal brick wall :/

i assume it's been pointed out that Sakurai stated there would be no alternate characters that would function like costumes

Toonami brehs, what version of Destiny beta are you guys going to be on...if you guys are getting it

I just want to know where Bleachgaf is forming at

Wii U is the toonami gaf console of choice but a few of us here have the PS4. I don't know anyone who's interested in XBO outside of Krev.

Gorillaz

I still think its SUPER DUMB that there is no PC version of Destiny when you are bothering to downgrade it for 360 and PS3

it will most likely come out on PC "later", they will go the GTA5 route

Wii U is the toonami gaf console of choice but a few of us here have the PS4. I don't know anyone who's interested in XBO outside of Krev.
I'm just PS3 for now, but I will eventually get a Wii U probably this holiday season and obviously PS4 after that

Ryuk did say at the beginning that he would
write Lights name in his notebook.

I have no problem with that

My problem is db spoilers
near beating light and the way near beat light. Near was a terrible character who beats light not by outwitting him because mello and mikami both do stupid shit that just works out conveniently for near. Had mello not kidnapped whats her name randomly and mikami not acted out of character near would have died when he confronted light, he just got lucky. It felt like an anime filler end, except it was canon

I have no problem with that

My problem is db spoilers
near beating light and the way near beat light. Near was a terrible character who beats light not by outwitting him because mello and mikami both do stupid shit that just works out conveniently for near. Had mello not kidnapped whats her name randomly and mikami not acted out of character near would have died when he confronted light, he just got lucky. It felt like an anime filler end, except it was canon

Honestly I zoned out the last 10 episodes, so I didn't care about how
Near beat Light
, to be honest, I had little to no idea what was going on in the story. The last episode was satisfying because I wanted to see
Light get killed
; he became extremely unlikable after
L died

At this rate I'll probably buy an xbo before a ps4 just because xbo will have halo 5 as an exclusive. Unless next tales of is announced for 2015 and is a ps4 exclusive. I'd cry then

Korigama

Because Funimation owns the license, and fans of Deadman Wonderland and AoT will probably eat it up.
I liked Deadman Wonderland in spite of it being anything but sunshine and rainbows (Shiny Shiny aside), but I expect I would wind up disliking Tokyo Ghoul for the same reasons I dislike AoT (grimdark + over-the-top melodrama played completely straight). Akame Ga Kill! being even more extreme grimdark shounen makes it just as undesirable to me.

Sadly, SAO II seems inevitable. I'd kill it with fire a thousand times to get Log Horizon instead, but Sentai have the rights to that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
At this rate I'll probably buy an xbo before a ps4 just because xbo will have halo 5 as an exclusive. Unless next tales of is announced for 2015 and is a ps4 exclusive. I'd cry then

I was going to say "you know it's going to be a PS4 exclusive" but going by Japanese sales...
Honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if the next game (not Zesteria) is headed to Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom