• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow this Aizen stuff is ridiculous.

g2OUnAI.gif

LOLDSFAN

Wooo hope you guys had a good 4th of July. My whole week has been messed up honestly. On Tuesday we went hiking so it felt like a Saturday then. Today my body doesn't know what to think.

But you get all this with your 13 (sub) episodes for only $120 sales price!

bd_asset_l.jpg

The postcards & poster TOTALLY make up for that price!

I need to finish up the second season of this... Just 3 more episodes to go.

Raxus

I"m on episode 2 of Baccano and I don't get where this is going, how all these characters connect, or why there is a train called 'pussyfoot'
'pussyfoot'
It took me 4-5 episodes to get a grasp on everyone. Consider piecing everything together as part of the fun.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Well, just finished the first major arc of Bleach I guess. Are any of the filler arcs worth anything or should I skip the next 40 episodes?

Or should I just stop?

Well, just finished the first major arc of Bleach I guess. Are any of the filler arcs worth anything or should I skip the next 40 episodes?

Or should I just stop?

At this point I'd say just go all in, in a marathon while skipping filler some of the pacing problems won't be as bad as if you watched it weekly and with filler. Skip filler if you want go back and check them out later but they're all pretty meh from what I've seen/heard

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
ilad7YD994cam.gif

Don't ask me what anime this is from, I just googled onii chan gif and found it
TOO BAD. It's Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!, or "As Long as There's Love, It Doesn't Matter If He is My Brother, Right"....or OniAi for short.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You know I just realized that with barely any adjustments Ichigo and friends could have gone directly from the end of the first arc to the one that's showing on Toonami.

Yeah, the Soul Society stuff is left unresolved, but if you assume they just made a spinoff with the three million SS characters they introduced to take care of the Aizen stuff, all that's missing is a brief explanation of how Ichigo lost his powers and bam, here we are.

789shadow

Banned
TOO BAD. It's Onii-chan dakedo Ai sae Areba Kankeinai yo ne!, or "As Long as There's Love, It Doesn't Matter If He is My Brother, Right"....or OniAi for short.
Even though there is a one in a million chance you're kidding, you're kidding, right?

Even though there is a one in a million chance you're kidding, you're kidding, right?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oniai

Characters

Akito Himenokōji (brother):
It is later revealed that he was actually adopted by his former parents, and has no blood relationship with his sister, but he chose to keep this as a secret, especially to her. Akito is quite over-protective of Akiko, and people around him often comment about Akito having a serious sister complex, although he insists that he only sees her as his little sister. Since the siblings are now living by themselves, he secretly makes their living by writing erotic novels of brother-sister incest under the pen name "Kōichirō Shindo", and has become a famous author. He uses their relationship as the setting, with the characters' names being very similar to their own.

Akiko Himenokōji (sister):
She doesn't know that Akito has no blood relationship with her and believes that they are twins; according to their deceased mother. She is a fan of Kōichirō Shindo, and wishes her brother would be as aggressive as the brother in Kōichirō Shindo's novel; however she hasn't noticed that Kōichirō Shindo is actually her brother, and that the beginning of his novel is based on their relationship.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh my

Characters

It is later revealed that he was actually adopted by his former parents, and has no blood relationship with his sister, but he chose to keep this as a secret, especially to her. Akito is quite over-protective of Akiko, and people around him often comment about Akito having a serious sister complex, although he insists that he only sees her as his little sister. Since the siblings are now living by themselves, he secretly makes their living by writing erotic novels of brother-sister incest under the pen name "Kōichirō Shindo", and has become a famous author. He uses their relationship as the setting, with the characters' names being very similar to their own.

She doesn't know that Akito has no blood relationship with her and believes that they are twins; according to their deceased mother. She is a fan of Kōichirō Shindo, and wishes her brother would be as aggressive as the brother in Kōichirō Shindo's novel; however she hasn't noticed that Kōichirō Shindo is actually her brother, and that the beginning of his novel is based on their relationship.

Hahahahaha is right

The worst part is he's not really her brother by blood, so there is nothing really taboo about it, they might as well be childhood friends.

Seda

Characters

kCqP5IS.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I"m on episode 2 of Baccano and I don't get where this is going, how all these characters connect, or why there is a train called 'pussyfoot'
'pussyfoot'

The series is set up like Catch-22 or Slaughter-House Five, it's all out of order but will make perfect sense when you're done.

Takashi

Already been said, but yeah it takes a little bit to get familiar with all of them. First couple episodes were an overload for me as well, but it's worth it once it all comes together.

Crocodile

I want to believe in Sailor Moon but too many warning signs are flashing for me to be completely hype.

Space Dandy on the other hand? ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN!

MikeMyers

My biggest problem was Kotono Mitsuishi, she can't seem to get her Usagi voice back.

At least she can still do Misato Katsuragi though.

Gorillaz

Anybody that watched the sub of AoT realize that they changed the "voice" on the titan that levi killed?

Original

Dubbed

the scream was taken out of the dubbed, I don't get why tho it's like they tried to make it sound more unknown then human like the original

Seda

FUNimation also felt like they had to (laughably) dub that horse a while back in One Piece so I dunno

Moaradin

I swear to god if the people dubbing JoJo feel the need to dub ORAORAORAORA I will pout and do nothing.

Does that have any actual meaning in Japanese? Or is it just a random battlecry. If the latter, I don't see why they couldn't dub it. It would be no different than the One Piece laughs.

789shadow

Banned
Does that have any actual meaning in Japanese? Or is it just a random battlecry. If the latter, I don't see why they couldn't dub it. It would be no different than the One Piece laughs.
It doesn't have any actual meaning. The problem is that any dub of it just wouldn't work.

Looking forward to Space dandy. I don't think it really needed to be a mini marathon, though.
The July 4th weekend means dramatically lower ratings for Toonami, so they put on a mini marathon to spare AoT and Bleach.

ckohler

Yeah, the mini marathon is pointless considering there is no continuity. I guess they wanted to showcase Dandy but not reorder the shows for one night so it came first (since a reorder would be confusing) so this was their solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom