• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
*sees SAO2's OT's subtitle*

Welp, that was named perfectly....actually, the entire OP was perfect, how did I not see it earlier?

Articalys

So here's a thing.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-favorite-black-lagoon-characer-and-storyline

Almost 20,000 votes in a "Best Character" and "Best Story Arc" poll that Sunday GX Magazine did to celebrate the release of the 10th Black Lagoon manga volume. There's a couple minor appearance spoilers in the article for characters/arcs that haven't shown up yet in the Toonami run, but there's nothing there should spoil any actual content, I believe.

Anyway, the winner of first place in the character vote, by an insanely close margin with 2433 votes to Revy's second-place 2411, is...
rLeXR3V.jpg
Balalaika was a distant third with 1354 votes.

Hansel & Gretel's arc also scored well in the story vote, with 1305 votes in second place, but first place was everyone's favorite "look at the size of Rock's balls" story "Calm Down, Two Men", with 1558 votes.

Gorillaz

I don't remember #9 in the manga....huh, also 14 and 16 surprise me, they were literally just introduced and 16 barely had much time shown in the manga how could they already be favorites lol.

Also I hear that they are going to do some art updates over all the volumes of BL. "Allegedly" that's why it has slowed down since hiatus. I think it's bullshit and dude is lazy but whatever. I think it will come back after the summer. Probably August.

daveo42

Banned
So here's a thing.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-ne...-favorite-black-lagoon-characer-and-storyline

Almost 20,000 votes in a "Best Character" and "Best Story Arc" poll that Sunday GX Magazine did to celebrate the release of the 10th Black Lagoon manga volume. There's a couple minor appearance spoilers in the article for characters/arcs that haven't shown up yet in the Toonami run, but there's nothing there should spoil any actual content, I believe.

Anyway, the winner of first place in the character vote, by an insanely close margin with 2433 votes to Revy's second-place 2411, is...

Hansel & Gretel's arc also scored well in the story vote, with 1305 votes in second place, but first place was everyone's favorite "look at the size of Rock's balls" story "Calm Down, Two Men", with 1558 votes.

I really want to know the reason for Gretel coming out on top in this poll. I get best story arc...but not 100% sold on best character here.

Moonlight

Banned
So here's a thing.

These character votes are always bizarro world. I'd be okay with it if the top three were flipped around or something, even if I'm confused as to why Gretel is so high at all.

I'm just surprised that Roberta's not a little higher than she is. Always struck me as a breakout character.

Gorillaz

Without saying much, you can guess why a young girl with vampire like tendencies would be 1.
These character votes are always bizarro world. I'd be okay with it if the top three were flipped around or something, even if I'm confused as to why Gretel is so high at all.

I'm just surprised that Roberta's not a little higher than she is. Always struck me as a breakout character.

Roberta ain't shit bruh. Eda I can understand but the South American Terminator never did it for me. Same goes for the "young master"

Moonlight

Banned
Roberta ain't shit bruh. Eda I can understand but the South American Terminator never did it for me. Same goes for the "young master"
Not actually a big fan of Roberta myself, but I always got the impression she was a really popular character within the fanbase.

Gorillaz

dutch is the true #1 tbh

Schadenfreude gonna let you hear it
Scha knows I'm telling the truth. He's just gonna have to deal with it, friend

Not actually a big fan of Roberta myself, but I always got the impression she was a really popular character within the fanbase.
I thought she would be higher too since she had that whole arc and season 1 and entire OVA/"season" named after her. I'm interested in why people picked Gretel over Revy
actually I'm not
, but I get why people would like the cigarette kiss "arc", that was a good back and forth moment between them

Raxus

The dub of JoJo Stardust Crusaders will premiere this weekend at AnimeExpo, no?

I am dying to see how it turns out.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Wonder if CR's browser version will load or if I'll have to use the PS3 version. In any case, hoping I can watch it tonight or tomorrow morning.

...wait, free members can watch CR on stuff like PS3, 360, etc., right?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Noooooooo says I gotta be a platinum member to watch Crunchyroll on my PS3. *sigh* Hopefully I can actually stream it on the browser without it having to buffer every 30 seconds.

Noooooooo says I gotta be a platinum member to watch Crunchyroll on my PS3. *sigh* Hopefully I can actually stream it on the browser without it having to buffer every 30 seconds.

I can give you a code for a 2 day all access pass if you'd like, PM me if you want the code

Gorillaz

Yea I just realized it was for those with premium. If someone does have an extra one besides the one that Bass is giving away, I would appreciate it. If not I'll just wait for it to be available for free member

Crocodile

Jojo dub has been GREAT so far. Who is Joesph's VA and what has he done? The voice is familiar but I can't place it. Odd they kept "your Japanese is great" bit since it makes no sense in an English dub :p

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Jojo dub has been GREAT so far. Who is Joesph's VA and what has he done? The voice is familiar but I can't place it. Odd they kept "your Japanese is great" bit since it makes no sense in an English dub :p
He's Batou from Ghost in the Shell and BO-BOBO FROM BOBOBO-BO BO-BOBO!

Also UUUUGGGHHHHH PS3 doesn't want to stream the dubs, yet is fine with the subs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom