• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Didn't another thread close last year about a game for that very same reason?
I know Bravely Default had a thread on costumes being censored & ages being changed that got closed because people got into an argument that was very similar.

Huh, it seems Dark Horse is going to release "The Art of Satoshi Kon" and the Panty & Stocking manga (just 1 volume). That Satoshi Kon artbook sounds interesting and it's that one that was released in Japan last year.

It's so weird
It totally feels like a Saturday today LOL.
But its not.

Oh yeah, I'm going to NYC for the next week to see my dad. That's gonna be lots of fun. I might be able to watch Toonami on actual cable these next two weeks, yay!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
It's so weird
It totally feels like a Saturday today LOL.
But its not.

Oh yeah, I'm going to NYC for the next week to see my dad. That's gonna be lots of fun. I might be able to watch Toonami on actual cable these next two weeks, yay!

That's cool, welcome to town. What part?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I think Brooklyn or LI. Not sure. I've been before but not like sightseeing.
What should I go see and do?

Depends on what you like to do. There's like a dozen great museums, bunch of good parks, ace comedy clubs, there's a few bus tours that go to famous sights and other stuff. OH! Shakespeare in the Park is starting up! That's always great fun, been meaning to get tickets this year. Good luck getting tickets though.

If you want to hang out that's good with me too.

Seda

Celebrate Murica Day

In America

bIApagq.jpg

I decided to go back and try to watch RahXephon. Good lord, towards the end this show had so many swerves I'd swear it was written by Vince Russo.

Depends on what you like to do. There's like a dozen great museums, bunch of good parks, ace comedy clubs, there's a few bus tours that go to famous sights and other stuff. OH! Shakespeare in the Park is starting up! That's always great fun, been meaning to get tickets this year. Good luck getting tickets though.

If you want to hang out that's good with me too.
Yeah that all sounds like fun. I'd like to hang out and your around and stuff. What part are you in?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Yeah that all sounds like fun. I'd like to hang out and your around and stuff. What part are you in?

I live in Queens, on the border of LI but getting to any other part of the city is pretty easy for me. Well, except Statin Island. Not that there's any reason to go there. I'm working from home on a very lenient schedule so feel free to just pick a day and a place to meet.

daveo42

Banned

I was expecting to be disappointed...not completely disgusted.

Love the old bumps. Some of the new ones are good...but nothing beats the old Adult Swim bumps.

I decided to go back and try to watch RahXephon. Good lord, towards the end this show had so many swerves I'd swear it was written by Vince Russo.

I remember some of the weird stuff that happened near the end. It wasn't bad, it just felt like it was trying add in even more plot before the end to try and explain everything. The movie was a much better take on the story.

bigkrev

Walked by this on the boardwalk with my brother, and spent 10 minutes trying to come up with the best joke. Walk in, order a Calzone, "You thought you were getting a calzone, but it was me, Dio!", ect
Bru_b3xCcAExyTt.jpg

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Walked by this on the boardwalk with my brother, and spent 10 minutes trying to come up with the best joke. Walk in, order a Calzone, "You thought you were getting a calzone, but it was me, Dio!", ect
Bru_b3xCcAExyTt.jpg

I thought it was pizza, but it was you, digornio!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh damn, Namco said at Anime Expo that if there was enough demand, they'd look into localizing J-Stars Victory Vs.

Need to think of a way for the fans to show said demand. I was just looking at prices to import the Vita version.

ckohler

To celebrate the 4th I just had an all American burger with egg and fries.

Hopefully I don't die from cholesterol before tomorrow's premier.

Oh damn, Namco said at Anime Expo that if there was enough demand, they'd look into localizing J-Stars Victory Vs.

Need to think of a way for the fans to show said demand. I was just looking at prices to import the Vita version.

I'll believe it when I see it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
No Game No Life ep. 6.

I am so freakin' glad I went back & watched this. Episode was insane.

....but I guess I should finally watch the final episode of Soul Eater Not & prepare my thoughts on the series as a whole.

So home video plans for Valvrave are out, you can own the entire first season on Blu Ray for only $150! They didn't even bother to dub the stupid thing completely not worth it

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
But you get all this with your 13 (sub) episodes for only $120 sales price!

bd_asset_l.jpg

The postcards & poster TOTALLY make up for that price!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
1/2 way through the final Soul Eater Not episode.

.......grrooooaaannnnn......I'll probably let it sink in over night, but I'm still not gonna have a bunch of positive stuff about it.

....also why is it this episode seems to have more "fanservice" than the rest of the episodes combined? Whatever, let's see how this final battle turns out...

so to take a break from GXP, i watched Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust.

the first movie is.....very 80s. i think the gore actually gets the most detailed animation, while the main girl has a pointless shower scene and wears a skirt that's tucked into her belt in such a way that her panties are out all the time. i'm not even sure any of the camera angles even qualify as upskirts. the plot is absolute nonsense and honestly kind of terrible, but there's this weird charm to just watching D slice through some nicely designed monsters as blood sprays all over the place.

the second one is animated by Madhouse and looks incredible. the story is also no longer laughable; it's not strong or anything and this is still pretty much a vehicle to watch D slice some dudes, but you don't really have to remove your brain from your skull to enjoy it. the action is nice and i'd even just recommend watching it just for the visuals.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh WTF, Soul Eater Not. Not only does the battle just end easily, but you suddenly just be all
"Hey so we're Death The Kid's weapons now"
without any explanation as to how it happened when you have the characters be the versions before we see them in Soul Eater?

*sigh* Does the manga version actually handle some of this stuff better...or just better in general?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Just watched episode 60 of Bleach.

I was like, well the fight with Ichigo and the main bad guy is over, where are they going from here? Just figuring out the thing with him and the hollow?

Oh hi
Aizen
. What's up, bro?

Wait.

What?

bigkrev

So I went back to JoJos Bizzare Pizzeria for a late night slice. Had buffalo chicken on white pizza. It was mearly OK

Gorillaz

I"m on episode 2 of Baccano and I don't get where this is going, how all these characters connect, or why there is a train called 'pussyfoot'
'pussyfoot'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom