• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well I feel dumb, the game didn't do a good job of explaining this to the player. Knowing I could promote units with certain items would have made things much easier, I'm surprised I managed to beat it with gimped units. I'm about to start a playthrough of Fire Emblem (no subtitle) now, should I play on the hard difficulty or keep it at normal?

Normal and Hard have different stories, normal is told from one character's perspective and hard is told from another. Its basically three interlocking campaigns, the first one with Lyn is there as a sort of easier explanation campaign.

Seda

Normal and Hard have different stories, normal is told from one character's perspective and hard is told from another. Its basically three interlocking campaigns, the first one with Lyn is there as a sort of easier explanation campaign.

Er? Normal/Hard difficulty levels and Eliwood/Hector modes are not the same. Yes Hector's mode is harder than Eliwood's but that's separate from the actual difficulty toggle. Each campaign has a Normal and Hard mode. Am I misremembering?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Er? Normal/Hard difficulty levels and Eliwood/Hector modes are not the same. Yes Hector's mode is harder than Eliwood's but that's separate from the actual difficulty toggle. Each campaign has a Normal and Hard mode. Am I misremembering?

Honestly its been a while for me as well.

daveo42

Banned
Yes . Welcome to Toonami-Heaven.

I'd say it's Toonami-Hell since we are still watching BONES Exorcist and BtB is getting a bump to an earlier timeslot.

I blame...
giphy.gif

everyone

Whatever happened to AdventureMike?

No clue. He was in for a short while last thread but then disappeared again. It could be due to baseball season.

You are right Seda, B-dubs needs to go home he's drunk :p

Sharpeye

I get home late and usually miss Toonami, I don't post much to begin with but I enjoy reading reactions from these threads.

Space Dandy was ace too, it's a shame about these summer ratings.

Takashi

Man, how did I barely see those ratings until now? I fucking hate Nielsen viewers.

That was expected though- holiday weekend and all

Actually, the fact that the Dandy S2 premier still pulled in more viewers that night gives me confidence it will do great on normal weekends.

Man, how did I barely see those ratings until now? I fucking hate Nielsen viewers.

image.php

Couldn't resist. It was a holiday weekend man, relax. The ratings always dip during memorial day and the 4th; I even posted last years ratings for comparison to try and avoid panic attacks. Things will be back to normal this weekend.

Speaking of which, what's up with the situation with your card?

Managed to get about half of my funds back, the other charges are still pending so 'm guessing they won't get through and the money will be credited back to me. Screw the scumbag who made all those Amazon charges, I hope they get arrested.

Honestly, considering the holiday/World Cup competition, the fact that there looks to be some slight overall improvement from this July 4th compared to last, I think it's safe to say that Toonami had a good run.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's been a long ass time since I first played Fire Emblem (GBA, aka Blazing Sword, aka FE 7) with a fresh cart. I know for a fact that you can't start straight into Hector's Mode as it is a retelling of the main campaign from a slightly different POV, with a bunch of extra missions.

Lyn's mode is the tutorial and is awesome. I play it every single time. Eliwood's is the main campaign. I don't honestly remember if Hard mode is locked or not from the beginning, it is in a bunch of FE games. Hard mode in FE 7 isn't that tough if it isn't.

I'd suggest playing the game twice through at least doing both the Eliwood and Hector campaigns. There's enough of a difference to make Hector's mode worth while.

FE7 fresh, first you have to play Lyn on normal (tutorial), then you have to play Eliwood on normal

After you beat the game you unlock Hector (normal), Eliwood (hard), and Lyn (hard/no tutorial).

You can then choose to replay Lyn's mode or go straight to either Eliwood's or Hector's, you should always redo Lyn's as it's basically just free EXP that carry over to either other character's campaign. If you don't care about getting an s rank/all 5 stars for your rank you can cheese the final boss on Lyn's mission to grind everyone up to level 20 before moving over to the other campaigns.

Hector's campaign has a slightly different beginning chapter or two before he joins Eliwood, then he has 1 or 2 extra battles during the main game along with 1 unique party member that only joins on his side (who isn't worth her stupid cost). Hector's campaign is also harder then Eliwoods, IIRC it's not as hard as Eliwood's hard mode but harder then his normal mode.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Hector's mode has two unique party members but other than that you are right.

You need to beat the game twice to get HHM. Lyn's mode is optional on either Hard mode campaign but you'd be a fool to not do it as levels for those characters carry over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom