• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
"We won’t be airing the OVA, at least for now!"

dc2fd6da2c741a3b2f6ae5fcf700e06fafe43267ea271579118ef4292ffb25c6.jpg

Levyne

Banned

bigkrev

But buying boosters is all a part of the fun! Plus, if you are starting out then it's probably a good idea to buy either a core set or some prebuilts to get going to get a feel for the game, your play style, and to see a variety of deck types. Then you buy your single from there to fill out the decks you want to build.

I'm so glad I haven't purchased Magic cards in a few years...

One of the "Level Up's" as a CCG player is to understand that the Value of a sealed booster is higher than the EV of an opened booster. (Note: This doesn't apply to mistake releases, like Modern Masters). You never loose the love of opening packs, but you transfer that to just Drafting all the time.

Damn, man. Single Magic cards must be hella cheap.

Here are the 15 highest valued cards at pre-order from one of the largest online Magic stores
UbZnHbX.jpg

Right now, at the pre-order phase, there are only 12 cards worth more than the value of a sealed booster. And if you go on Amazon or Ebay or whatever, you can pay significantly less than these prices for cards. I placed about 20 different orders on Amazon yesterday for playsets of cards.

Here are the 15 highest valued cards at pre-order from one of the largest online Magic stores
UbZnHbX.jpg

Right now, at the pre-order phase, there are only 12 cards worth more than the value of a sealed booster. And if you go on Amazon or Ebay or whatever, you can pay significantly less than these prices for cards. I placed about 20 different orders on Amazon yesterday for playsets of cards.

Wow, man. That really is super cheap.

Cross posted from the LGBT thread.

Thought I'd make a separate post about my trip into the city yesterday.
I have to say I really like how comprehensive the NY Subway is. It practically goes everywhere. And its fast too.
I used it to go to the 9/11 memorial/museum Which I have to say was simply comprehensive. It was really sad too.
Everyone should go and see because it's just an amazingly somber experience.
I'll post photos later.
Then I went to go and visit a friend of mines and had delicious NY pizza and then finally went to the Empire State Building which is really awesome at night. Here's one photo I took. I'll lost more later.
D2wSC4y.jpg

arfzGRCh.jpg

efgyIQ9h.jpg

GvNCHNzh.jpg

All in all it was a fun visit. I'm going to the museum of natural history on Friday so that should be a fun way to cap off my week.

I only buy structures/boxes if they have a garuntee card that I want or if a new archtype for YGO comes out and buying 2-3 of the structure gives you a meta ready deck

Jafku

Pokemon cards were too hard to catch on at first but rhe game boy color game made it easier to pick up on. I loved it alot actually

The things that happen outside the action are actually more interesting then the action itself, which is a first in the series. The swerves/"heelturns" were fun to see

They didn't add much music but the Opening touch up was pretty cool along with the new ending theme that went along with the theme of the story. Also the pics of them as kids was a nice touch since it kind of showed the innocence of them then compared to how 'corrupted' they are now
I agree with you, especially with how Rock handled things but I won't spoil that for anyone.

Oh right, did they ever confirm if the OVA episodes would air? Just a shame it's slightly less expensive for....what, 5 episodes than the entire 24-episode series.

They could easily air it during a movie night.
That's what I was initially thinking. Just make it a movie night event. But with that link there is a small chance.

BBboy20

I'd love to eventually get out to NY as it's one of the US cities I really want to get to. Speaking of, I'll be spending most of my weekend in Chicago eating and drinking too much while trying to avoid getting shot.
Well, I'm heading to San Diego...without going to the con itself...

Crocodile

Would you want to come with?

Love to. What time are you going?

I probably haven't been paying close enough attention to this thread but I wish I knew about this a while back. I used to work at the AMNH and know a lot of the people who still work there. I probably could have gotten you in for free and maybe even into the collections or prep labs with enough forewarning. Do people still pay for stuff to do things in the museum or is it all suggested donations? I haven't paid for shit in so many years I honestly don't remember. I have no qualms calling in favors but I really don't want to do so with less than 24 hours warning - seems disruptive and in bad taste.

daveo42

Banned
Happy birthday Lazybones! Don't binge too hard on SAO-related fanfiction...you gotta savor that kind of juicy goodness.

I didn't get that kind of vibe from the episode, but an homage is an homage I suppose. Now I feel like watching End of Eva again, but I don't want to feel depressed.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I probably haven't been paying close enough attention to this thread but I wish I knew about this a while back. I used to work at the AMNH and know a lot of the people who still work there. I probably could have gotten you in for free and maybe even into the collections or prep labs with enough forewarning. Do people still pay for stuff to do things in the museum or is it all suggested donations? I haven't paid for shit in so many years I honestly don't remember. I have no qualms calling in favors but I really don't want to do so with less than 24 hours warning - seems disruptive and in bad taste.

If I remember right it's just a ticket for the museum and another for the planetarium show. I haven't been in a few years though.

I didn't get that kind of vibe from the episode, but an homage is an homage I suppose. Now I feel like watching End of Eva again, but I don't want to feel depressed.

The Adventure Time guys just love putting in random anime references. Did you ever see the episode where the frog turned into a prince Sailor Moon style?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
End of Eva for Toonami Movie Night....though I wonder if most of us already saw it. I want to see fresh reactions.

The Adventure Time guys just love putting in random anime references. Did you ever see the episode where the frog turned into a prince Sailor Moon style?
Don't forget the episode that was done by the anime director that did Ping Pong & Kickheart.

daveo42

Banned

This episode right? I've seen it, but it seems like I remember next to nothing about that episode. I might need to do a rewatch of the show looking out for actual anime references. I know they are there, but the Eva one is one-to-one a match outside of the crystal dome around the character's head.

It's kind of crazy and a lot of awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom