• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigkrev

I mean he's watched all of Bleach canon through the soul society arc in a month, let him watch the anime if he wants. I marathoned all 550 episodes in 6 weeks so its possible

550 episodes at 20 mins an episode (if you skip credits, openings, buffering, ect) is 183 hours.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Pre-ordered One Piece UWR for Vita today. Walked in & they were talking about the newest Naruto game coming out w/ pre-order bonuses on the TV. How is it after all these years, they're STILL pronouncing it "Naru-dough"? I haven't heard it said like that since X-Play.

Oh well, least I also got 999 on DS for $20. I'll be, what, the 20th person to make a LTTP thread on it?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Even if Toonami doubled on episodes it would still take like 8 years to catch up with the sub
Toonami to catch up by airing movies that're summaries of arcs.

...actually, how many of those have they done? I only saw the one based on Alabasta.

Toonami to catch up by airing movies that're summaries of arcs.

...actually, how many of those have they done? I only saw the one based on Alabasta.

Dubbed is only Alabasta, there is also the episode of chopper which isn't dubbed (and is also a what if story), there is episode of nami which isn't dubbed but thats only a summary of one arc (arlong)

i wonder when One Piece Kai is coming

Well considering Oda in a recent interview said be had enough material for like 10 more years...

Pre-ordered One Piece UWR for Vita today. Walked in & they were talking about the newest Naruto game coming out w/ pre-order bonuses on the TV. How is it after all these years, they're STILL pronouncing it "Naru-dough"? I haven't heard it said like that since X-Play.

Oh well, least I also got 999 on DS for $20. I'll be, what, the 20th person to make a LTTP thread on it?
Good idea on the OP game. That is going to be rare in a few years.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well in the OP's OT, it was recommended to pre-order, and the employee backed me up on this, because some stores might not get as many copies due to popularity. More pre-orders, more extra copies they get, but if no pre-orders are made, then they're less likely to carry it.

At the very least, I don't mind the delay because it gives me an extra week to work on my backlog & therefore have more games I can trade in to lower the cost. Now I just need to finish up Conception 2....

bigkrev

More importantly, unless the store has pre-orders for the game, most smaller Gamestops and any store that doesn't do decent Vita business probably won't get any copies in. If you want a physical copy on Vita, you better pre-order it or you will probably end up disappointed.

Well in the OP's OT, it was recommended to pre-order, and the employee backed me up on this, because some stores might not get as many copies due to popularity. More pre-orders, more extra copies they get, but if no pre-orders are made, then they're less likely to carry it.
That was me!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More importantly, unless the store has pre-orders for the game, most smaller Gamestops and any store that doesn't do decent Vita business probably won't get any copies in. If you want a physical copy on Vita, you better pre-order it or you will probably end up disappointed.

That was me!
That's right, was trying to remember who it was. & yeah, I consider mine a smaller one, as they don't tend to do those events held in-store & barely do midnight releases unless it's the super ultra AAA game release.

bigkrev

At the very least, I don't mind the delay because it gives me an extra week to work on my backlog & therefore have more games I can trade in to lower the cost. Now I just need to finish up Conception 2....

That's right, was trying to remember who it was. & yeah, I consider mine a smaller one, as they don't tend to do those events held in-store & barely do midnight releases unless it's the super ultra AAA game release.

I had to go to 6 different stores to get Danganronpa, a game I suspect sold better that this will.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Woah, Doraemon is on Disney XD now....okay main kid sounds familiar....HOLY CRAP, JOHNNY YONG BOSCH. No wonder, he sounds like a young Vash.

Also Doraemon is Izzy & Konekomaru. It's hilarious hearing that voice while being a jerk at times.

OH GOD THE GIRL IS SUGUHA FROM SAO.

LOLDSFAN

The other thing was, there were people in the thread with FAR more "incriminating" anime avatars. The ones he chose were an Etrian Odyssey character (I think?), Link from Zelda with boobs, and Zoro from One Piece.

Mik317 is one of our guys too. Posts during Saturdays.

Just beat Sacred Stones which is the first Fire Emblem game I've finished, it was excellent, easily in my top 10 games of all time at this point. I think I'm going to check out the first game that got an international release, this is addicting.

Levyne

Banned
Just beat Sacred Stones which is the first Fire Emblem game I've finished, it was excellent, easily in my top 10 games of all time at this point. I think I'm going to check out the first game that got an international release, this is addicting.

:eek:ooooooooooo

Fire Emblem (GBA, first localized one) is so good. Definitely post impressions here or in the sleepy FE community thread.

And that's the worst Us released game so if you liked Sacred Stones you should love FE7, 9, 10, and awakening

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That first one is easily one of the best. After that you should try to track down the GameCube Fire Emblem game, which is also aces. Also Awakening.

Ratings are in

timthumb.php

For its entire week in Total Day (8 p.m. to 5:59 a.m.), Adult Swim is down 6 percent in total viewership (1.112 million vs. 1.184 million) and down 9 percent among Adults 18-49 (614,000 vs. 671,000) from one week earlier; the network is also down 10 percent in total viewership (1.112 million vs. 1.232 million) and down 11 percent among Adults 18-49 (614,000 vs. 686,000) from the same week one year ago (July 1-7, 2013).

SATURDAY, JULY 5, 2014

HOUSEHOLD RATINGS AND TOTAL VIEWERS
11:30PM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 756,000 viewers
12:00AM Space Dandy 0.5 HH, 737,000 viewers
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.6 HH, 802,000 viewers
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.6 HH, 798,000 viewers
1:30AM One Piece 0.5 HH, 647,000 viewers
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.5 HH, 629,000 viewers
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.5 HH, 590,000 viewers
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.5 HH, 619,000 viewers
3:30AM Naruto 0.6 HH, 704,000 viewers
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.5 HH, 613,000 viewers
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.5 HH, 595,000 viewers
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.5 HH, 607,000 viewers
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.4 HH, 431,000 viewers

ADULTS 18-49
11:30PM Space Dandy 0.3 rating, 411,000 adults 18-49
12:00AM Space Dandy 0.3 rating, 376,000 adults 18-49
12:30AM Space Dandy 0.3 rating, 432,000 adults 18-49
1:00AM Naruto: Shippuden 0.3 rating, 418,000 adults 18-49
1:30AM One Piece 0.2 rating, 314,000 adults 18-49
2:00AM Blue Exorcist 0.2 rating, 296,000 adults 18-49
2:30AM Black Lagoon 0.2 rating, 277,000 adults 18-49
3:00AM Beware the Batman 0.2 rating, 315,000 adults 18-49
3:30AM Naruto 0.3 rating, 352,000 adults 18-49
4:00AM Fullmetal: Brotherhood 0.3 rating, 346,000 adults 18-49
4:30AM Samurai Jack 0.3 rating, 349,000 adults 18-49
5:00AM Star Wars: Clone Wars 0.3 rating, 342,000 adults 18-49
5:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 0.2 rating, 235,000 adults 18-49

AS Press Release:

On Saturday night’s popular TOONAMI block, Space Dandy (12:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-34 and all targeted men. Naruto: Shippuden (1 a.m.) also ranked #1 in its time period among men 18-24 & 18-34, while One Piece (1:30 a.m.) ranked #1 in its time period among adults 18-24 and men 18-24 & 18-34. Overall, all TOONAMI new episode premieres grew targeted audiences by double and triple digits among adults/men 18-24 & 18-34.

Source

Ratings from last year for comparison:

JULY 6TH, 2013
12:00AM Bleach 774,000
12:30AM Naruto 815,000
1:00AM One Piece 683,000
1:30AM Soul Eater 611,000
2:00AM IGPX 572,000
2:30AM Eureka Seven 548,000
3:00AM Thundercats 531,000
3:30AM Sym-Bionic Titan 458,000
4:00AM Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood 505,000
4:30AM Cowboy Bebop 464,000
5:00AM Inuyasha 524,000
5:30AM Inuyasha 499,000

Seda

I and some other mods didn't think TDM's post was funny or really approved of it at all, don't assume we're all smiling about it. Even if it was just a joke or sarcastic it wasn't the place for it.

General comment, if you see something that you think is bannable, pm a mod about it. This is easily the PMs that moderators like to see most, not only because some enjoy another opportunity to make a ban (I'm kidding......maybe), but it really really helps. There are at any time maybe 6-10 active mods and thousands of posts. There are a lot of things we miss. I'm definitely not the only mod who feels this way, complaints that 'one person got banned but another did a similar thing but didn't get banned' almost always is explained by "we missed that post", not pure inconsistency.

-

Also Fire Emblem is awesome, in terms of a franchise as a whole. The original (localized) on GBA and Path of Radiance are my favorites. But even games like Sacred Stones, Radiant Dawn, and Awakening, while I had my issues with them, are really really fun.

I watched Levyne play some of the fan-translated Genealogy of the Holy War, larger maps and other systems seemed real cool as well.

And that's the worst Us released game so if you liked Sacred Stones you should love FE7, 9, 10, and awakening

Nah, that's Shadow Dragon easily.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
As predicted, weekend of July 4th ratings are bad. Which is exactly why they did the Space Dandy marathon.

Nice to see Dandy premier got a bump, can't wait to see how things look with the holiday out of the way and the line up stacked with premiers from 11:30 to 3:00

who is staying up until 3am to watch old ass Naruto but not the shit before it?

No one, they are dvring it and watching it the next morning, same reason clone wars gets a bump

bigkrev

UFC competition this year (Rousey vs a can of soup, Weidman v Machida) was significantly weaker than last years (Anderson Silva, Chris Leben, Frankie Edgar all fighting)

As far as Sacred Stones goes, the only issues I had with it were questionable enemy A.I. at times (I played on normal), a difficulty spike on Ephraim's route (the ghost ship), and the way the final chapter was handled. Okay, if you want to pull a swerve and have the final boss transform after you kill them whatver, that's fine because I enjoy the mechanics of the game. But at least let me have a break where I can go to a shop and replenish my weapons, it was a struggle to beat the Demon King mainly because I ran out of lances.

Seda

As far as Sacred Stones goes, the only issues I had with it were questionable enemy A.I. at times (I played on normal), a difficulty spike on Ephraim's route (the ghost ship), and the way the final chapter was handled. Okay, if you want to pull a swerve and have the final boss transform after you kill them whatver, that's fine because I enjoy the mechanics of the game. But at least let me have a break where I can go to a shop and replenish my weapons, it was a struggle to beat the Demon King mainly because I ran out of lances.

Note that 'Fire Emblem' (the first on GBA, no subtitle in the States) has no world map or extra 'random' encounters - it's level-to-level progression. I prefer this greatly, actually, but it's probably the most significant difference between the two games. The other difference is that there is no choice in class upgrades, a cavalier will always become a paladin, for example, there is no other option.

Note that 'Fire Emblem' (the first on GBA, no subtitle in the States) has no world map or extra 'random' encounters - it's level-to-level progression. I prefer this greatly, actually, but it's probably the most significant difference between the two games. The other difference is that there is no choice in class upgrades, a cavalier will always become a paladin, for example, there is no other option.

Huh, I didn't know you could upgrade units, I just thought the game did it automatically so some of my units were maxed out about 2/3rds of the way through the game. I'll be glad to see 'random' encounters go, they were kind of annoying. Everytime I wanted to visit a shop there would be something blocking my path so I'd have to fight it but would just end up hitting retreat.

Seda

Huh, I didn't know you could upgrade units, I just thought the game did it automatically so some of my units were maxed out about 2/3rds of the way through the game.

Wait, really? Heh. I'm sorry but this is kinda amusing. There are 'promoted' classes and 'unpromoted' classes. Items like Knight Crest, Hero Crest, and Guiding Ring can take a 'unpromoted 'class and upgrade them to a 'promoted' one, with higher stats & abilities.

Every class can upgrade 20 levels. But any unpromoted class, say a Mage, upon reaching level 10, can be 'promoted' to a Sage by using a Guiding Ring. You can keep leveling up the mage up to 20 before promoting (this is usually recommended because more level ups == more stats.) Once the character is a Sage, you can gain twenty more levels before the 'max' level.

Here's an example promotion chart for Sacred Stones.

4Y9T0EX.png

Well I feel dumb, the game didn't do a good job of explaining this to the player. Knowing I could promote units with certain items would have made things much easier, I'm surprised I managed to beat it with gimped units. I'm about to start a playthrough of Fire Emblem (no subtitle) now, should I play on the hard difficulty or keep it at normal?

Tenumi

Banned
Ratings-wise, I'm happy to see that the new Space Dandy episode had an increase in viewers over the repeats. That should hopefully mean good things for the regular non-holiday schedule.

Seda

Well I feel dumb, the game didn't do a good job of explaining this to the player. Knowing I could promote units with certain items would have made things much easier, I'm surprised I managed to beat it with gimped units. I'm about to start a playthrough of Fire Emblem (no subtitle) now, should I play on the hard difficulty or keep it at normal?

Well, this game is structured like this. Firstly, there are three main lord characters: Eliwood, Lyn, and Hector.

The first ten chapters or so (I forget the specific number) are "Lyn's Campaign", which is essentially a long tutorial as you go through a sort of 'pre-quel' story. After that, you go into "Eliwood's Campaign", which is the meat of the game.

You get to choose a difficulty for the modes individually. Lyn's Hard mode is basically just a removal of the tutorial elements (I'm not even sure you can access this the first time). However, Eliwood's Hard mode will considerably increase the difficulty (stats of enemies, etc). I suggest doing Eliwood's normal mode unless you want a challenge.

On a replay, you can substitute Eliwood's Campaign with Hector's Campaign, which is basically the same story with some slight tweaks and a few additional levels. Hector's Hard Mode is the most challenging game mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom