• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

Terror in Resonance first episode has me interested. With it being 11 episodes will be even more interesting because there isn't a whole lot of wiggle room out side of the main plot, so I will assume they will move along the character development quick in these next few episodes. Idk well see

It would be a nice little show for Toonami as well. It would be a good opener for the block, 1130 or 12, since it seems like it will be a "deepish" story and the last thing you want is those types of shows in the back of the block.

Definitely enjoyed the first episode of Terror.

Also, do you guys think we'll get another DC Nation short when the new BTB episodes start airing? ;))))))))

Seda

Playing Persona 2 Innocent Sin.

Bryce Papenbrook plays one of the party members.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

(although there is barely any voice acting)

Definitely enjoyed the first episode of Terror.

Also, do you guys think we'll get another DC Nation short when the new BTB episodes start airing? ;))))))))

You know I thought they killed off DC Nation until I decided to wake up early on Saturday and found out that not only is it still around, but they are making new shorts for it! A shame that most of those animators hard work is going towards a block people think is dead (it may as well be considering all they play is Teen Titans Go reruns).

You guys probably know that Bryce Papenbrook's father was Bob Papenbrook (RIP).
This was one of his most memorable roles.

also

185px-NB.jpg

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I gotta admit I'm glad I wasn't a big part of the thread during E7's run.

I don't get angry easy but I tend to defend that show far more than anything else. I find it to be the best Gundam show since G depsite not being Gundam. Also I'm glad that they never made a movie or a sequel series to tarnish the memory of E7. Very glad. Just like I'm glad they never rushed to animate the final arc of Death Note and ruined that.

Seda

Definitely agree with you on Gundam 00 Season 2 (although it was starting to get bad part way through season 1) and Valvrave.

Christ those were awful.

Gorillaz

AoT isn't that bad but on rewatch I really realize how over the top dramatic, turned up to 10 everything is. I guess it makes sense but it really becomes close to parody now that I see it with toonamigaf

Or maybe it's just watching it in a chat like way is what made it even more hilarious

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I only judge shows I've seen all the way through or almost all the way through.

I do have a nasty habit of not only giving shows the benefit of the doubt but sometimes even rewatching them to make sure I just wasn't in a funk when I watched it.

Valvrave is the rare example of a show that I tapped out to. See Strike Witches on there? I watched it all, brother as it was on Netflix and I had an awful flu that kept me in bed for a week. I think it slowed my recovery.

EDIT: I don't even think AOT is bad or anything, it's just seemingly not for me. I think the voice acting on the dub is great, the art can be fantastic, the music just makes me want Xenoblade Chronicles X even more.

Seda

Besides the over-the-top melodrama, presently my biggest issue with AoT is that the main characters are about as one-dimensional as you can get.

AoT isn't that bad but on rewatch I really realize how over the top dramatic, turned up to 10 everything is.

eh. once it became apparent that it was just sorta the style they were going for, i came to appreciate it a little more. it still goes too over the top at times even when i'm expecting the show as a whole to go over the top, though.

Seda said:
Besides the over-the-top melodrama, presently my biggest issue with AoT is that the main characters are about as one-dimensional as you can get.

watch Knights of Sidonia; those guys are pretty much no-dimensional. i can generally forgive lacking characterization in stuff like AOT because i think the plot and the action generally pick up the slack, but god damn, Sidonia. give these characters SOME identifiable traits.

Seda

eh. once it became apparent that it was just sorta the style they were going for, i came to appreciate it a little more. it still goes too over the top at times even when i'm expecting the show as a whole to go over the top, though.

I can agree with this.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Death Note is a great counter to it. Approximately the same amount of drama, much better characters (who are still flawed because they are too good at too many things, but whatever, it's Holmes x Moriarty from Moriarty's POV with a magic book that can kill anyone)

Gorillaz

I still like it for what it is. I just think they need a way to deal with the pacing for the low action parts. The melodrama makes sense in the high tension moments but when there isn't much going on they don't know how to turn "it" off.

Soulflarz

Banned
So i finally am watching the Blue Exorcist episodes i msised during my vacation

Whos peku piku whatever her name is the girl mr redhead does/doesnt date. I dont remember her at all.

Gorillaz

Lazybones is Kon?

Well....I've never seen lazy and Kon in the same place at once........

edit:I'm watching deathnote for the first time and hearing Rock's voice in this is so surreal. I'm still waiting on him to say fuck or shit at some point and lose his mind. It's kind of cool tho because for the most part he basically is still playing as Rock in the "white knight" role

Well....I've never seen lazy and Kon in the same place at once........

edit:I'm watching deathnote for the first time and hearing Rock's voice in this is so surreal. I'm still waiting on him to say fuck or shit at some point and lose his mind. It's kind of cool tho because for the most part he basically is still playing as Rock in the "white knight" role

I'm almost done with the series, got a couple episdoes left. Will probably finish them up after work this afternoon.

bigkrev

I still need to read that vol. 13 of Death Note that I won a few years back.

Isn't the series 12 volumes?

FUN FACT: I bought vol 12 when it came out, still haven't read it and am still unspoiled. I'm guessing my ideal ending is better than what the series actually did, and really have no interest in verifying my theory

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Isn't the series 12 volumes?
"Death Note 13: How to Read, also known as Death Note: How to Read 13, is an encyclopedia-style guide to the Death Note manga series, including character bios, storyline summaries, interviews with creators Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, production notes and commentaries, and a bonus: the pilot chapter of the manga."

It's that. I actually remember reading the original one-shot a while back & it seemed a bit lighter in tone.

bigkrev

"Death Note 13: How to Read, also known as Death Note: How to Read 13, is an encyclopedia-style guide to the Death Note manga series, including character bios, storyline summaries, interviews with creators Tsugumi Ohba and Takeshi Obata, production notes and commentaries, and a bonus: the pilot chapter of the manga."

It's that. I actually remember reading the original one-shot a while back & it seemed a bit lighter in tone.

Ah. I own that, just never realized it was considered Vol 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom