• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Night of Eva. Death & Rebirth, then End of Eva back to back....& maybe put in Ep. 25 & 26 if there's enough time.

BBboy20

Airing End of Eva would probably be the most brain-frying induction the Adult Swim audience will ever experience and William Street always desperately tries.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
p4ga was nice i think maybe idk it was fast paced
How different was it compared to the original anime? I imagine once we get to the new events like going to the other city, the beach, and then everything during the ski trip will be completely new, but some of those don't happen until later on.

Soulflarz

Banned
How different was it compared to the original anime? I imagine once we get to the new events like going to the other city, the beach, and then everything during the ski trip will be completely new, but some of those don't happen until later on.

I never saw the original anime, but this is crazy fast paced. Lots of time on Marie though. Her scenes felt normal, everything else felt absurdly rushed.

daveo42

Banned
I never saw the original anime, but this is crazy fast paced. Lots of time on Marie though. Her scenes felt normal, everything else felt absurdly rushed.

I wonder if they are just rushing past a ton of stuff to focus more on Marie since there is going to be a ton of retread with this anime.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'll probably watch it tonight or so, but it sounds like it's rushed similar to the beginning episodes of FMA Brotherhood. It's trying to get the material that we've already seen out of the way and set up so we can get to the newer content faster.

I wonder if they are just rushing past a ton of stuff to focus more on Marie since there is going to be a ton of retread with this anime.
Yeah, this is most likely the situation. It seems it's only going to be 12 episodes compared to the original anime's 24, which I feel was a good decision.

bigkrev

The concept is that this is "NG+". Yu is crazy overpowered (he takes out hundreds of shadows in the first episode), there are no introductions to any characters (it assumes you already know who they are), and its a bunch of choices that you would not have had the stats to choose on your first playthrough (ie, making King Moron your complete bitch).

I hated it, fwiw

The concept is that this is "NG+". Yu is crazy overpowered (he takes out hundreds of shadows in the first episode), there are no introductions to any characters (it assumes you already know who they are), and its a bunch of choices that you would not have had the stats to choose on your first playthrough (ie, making King Moron your complete bitch).

I hated it, fwiw

That's actually a pretty cool way to do a remake anime based upon a remake game, too bad all 90% of anime based upon video games are completely awful

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I hated it, fwiw
Hmmmm, interesting take, especially the fact they go with some choices you couldn't originally make due to not having high enough stats on your first playthrough (makes me wonder about future episodes).

Actually, now that I think about it, if it's NG+, it makes me wonder if they'll include
the secret Margaret fight & making Izanagi-no-Okami.

bigkrev

Also, P4G does the thing where it rolls the credits about 3/4ths of the way in the episode, and then comes back for 6 minutes of Marie and Yu being terrible together. Remember to shut the episode off once the credits start.

Ponn

Banned
An Eureka Seven sequel? There is no such thing, it doesn't exist. I don't know what you're watching but it's non-existent.

That was my position. I regret trying to change it, going to perform self mind-wipe now.

Wait till it airs on Toonami and watch it with us

As much as I love Eureka Seven, I realize all the hate it got when it aired on Toonami and I would rather it be left dead gracefully instead of dug up and pissed on.

I moved onto watching Persona 4 Golden ep. 1. I'm not sure what the hell they are trying to do with this, doesn't make much sense given the recent Animation. Still it would be pretty awesome if they ran the original run and this on Toonami.

bigkrev

iXIkx5jaG7rJs.gif

Seda

As much as I love Eureka Seven, I realize all the hate it got when it aired on Toonami and I would rather it be left dead gracefully instead of dug up and pissed on.

As a first time watcher, I felt Eureka 7 was pretty evenly divided between 'love this series' and 'hate this series' when it was airing. It definitely didn't receive the broad level of 'hate' that GXP, SAO, Beware the Batman, or Shipuuden did. Apparently this love it or hate it stance is just kinda how reception to the show is. There were a few very harsh critics but also some very vocal fans.

Personally, I was at least interested for much of the way through and I liked certain moments, but I really didn't care for how it ended.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Personally, I was at least interested for much of the way through and I liked certain moments, but I really didn't care for how it ended.
This pretty much sums up my feelings. When Renton & co. got stuck on that beach, that's when the show just dropped in quality for me, which was about....6-ish episodes from the end?

Eureka 7 had great animation, a good cast (once JYB settled into Renton), good music, and I have little to no desire to watch it again.

I do thank Meta for his help in explaining some of the later stuff.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This pretty much sums up my feelings. When Renton & co. got stuck on that beach, that's when the show just dropped in quality for me, which was about....6-ish episodes from the end?

They should have been put in the ruins of Tokyo or something instead of an empty beach. Outside of that the final episode was great.

Seda

Eureka 7 had great animation, a good cast (once JYB settled into Renton), good music, and I have little to no desire to watch it again.

I do thank Meta for his help in explaining some of the later stuff.

Because of the way many elements and terms of Eureka 7 are introduced - learned via context rather than a proper explanation (or perhaps the explanation is delayed/deferred to later in the series), I do think a rewatch could definitely be interesting in picking up on things that were pure jargon the first time around, especially early on.

However, I am right with you that I have zero desire to actually do that.

Gorillaz

what do you guys think of that new neflix anime Knights of Shanalmlboli something

I fell asleep, watched it late, but it looked interesting. I don't know if I like the CGI/3D feel of the art and animation tho

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
what do you guys think of that new neflix anime Knights of Shanalmlboli something

I fell asleep, watched it late, but it looked interesting. I don't know if I like the CGI/3D feel of the art and animation tho
I only saw the first episode and....man, I don't know if I can deal with that weird CGI. It's like from a budget video game. & strange why Netflix got the rights to have it be exclusive to them when it was on about 6 different Japanese TV stations.

it's pretty generic and all of the characters are as thin as can be (i told two of the love interests apart by their hair), but the action is good if you can get over the CGI (either i'm getting used to it or it improves toward the end of the series) and some of the story stuff can be kinda interesting.

BBboy20

Wait, Terror in Resonance is out? *checks it out* Oh, gotta' be a Funimation subscriber? Oh well.

Oh yeah, Edge of Tomorrow is really a comedy as I found out today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I need to check out the original light novel &/or manga it was based on. I remember reading the Battle Royale novel & seeing the movie after reading the manga. Always interesting how the versions differ from each other.

daveo42

Banned
I need to check out the original light novel &/or manga it was based on. I remember reading the Battle Royale novel & seeing the movie after reading the manga. Always interesting how the versions differ from each other.

The book was fantastic and was much better than the movie. Never got into the manga through. I assumed it was exactly the same as the novel.

bigkrev

Finally watched BLue Exorcist from last week. A meh episode at best, but as I've said, part of the appeal of the show is the fact that I am watching it at 2:00 in the morning most of the time, I have a lot less tolerance for stuff at normal human hours

BTW, this is a super super super long read, but the last few days in the Lebron thread have been magical http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=843425 Bish is now offering custom tags to people in it if they drive to Lebrons house

I've only read the Manga, but I really liked Edge of Tommorrow. I'm a mark for Tom Cruise so my opinion is tainted, but it's probably the best blockbuster of the summer so far.

Moaradin

Characters are spoilers I guess if you somehow don't know about them already. The story in that game from what I've seen is complete nonsense and doesn't follow any canon.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I just bought Unlimited World Red for Wii U after picking up a 35 dollar Wii eshop card. At the same Target they also had Nintendogs Golden Retriever for 3 bucks and ME 3 Special Edition (aka why buy this for 60 when PS3 got all three games for 60 Wii U version.)

I can't pass up anything for Wii U under seven bucks or so, it's like I'm small krev.

OP is downloading remarkably fast since the eshop update.

Terror in Resonance seems interesting. The ED is top notch. Possible Toonami potential depending on where it goes.

And hey AoT/Dandy promos at 9:30e/8:30c on a Thursday. Who says Toonami doesn't gets promotion during the week!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom