• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jul14| One pissed off Luffy

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i watched Baoh. it's a one episode OVA based on some manga that Araki made before Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

it was terrible.

but it also had melting faces, surprise cyborgs, a huge psychic Indian who could shoot DBZ energy beams, and a brain exploding out of the hole cut in a tiger's head, so i'm a little conflicted.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should see that one of these days....& hoping Namco either releases a bundle or makes the Jojo All-Star Battle DLC on sale, because Baoh is a DLC character. AND HE HAS A LASER CANNON.

I should see that one of these days....& hoping Namco either releases a bundle or makes the Jojo All-Star Battle DLC on sale, because Baoh is a DLC character. AND HE HAS A LASER CANNON.

it's on Youtube. it's only like 45 minutes long.

also, there's this doctor guy who Speedwagons the entire time and one of his lines is just screaming "BAOH HAS A LASER CANNON!"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
it's on Youtube. it's only like 45 minutes long.

also, there's this doctor guy who Speedwagons the entire time and one of his lines is just screaming "BAOH HAS A LASER CANNON!"

Araki loves his exposition.

Hmm... as I watch Psycho Pass new edit I'm not sure if I want this to air on Toonami, I feel like it'd be very decisive and quiet a few people would stop watching it after 1 episode.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone check out Doraemon on Disney XD?

Viz seems to be doing really well this year!
I randomly saw an episode yesterday. It was rather decent with a few laughs. Izzy from Digitmon is Doraemon, JYB is the main kid & sounds like a young Vash, and the main female friend is Suguha from SAO.

Oh, & I dug some of the inventions on the show, like bread that you press on paper, then eat to remember the info that's on it, or a fishing pond that doubles as a portal to find lost items. Part of me wants to watch more episodes to see what other stuff they came up with.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Anyone check out Doraemon on Disney XD?

Viz seems to be doing really well this year!

It's pretty shocking actually. Just last year I thought they were going to just fully retreat into manga and instead they go the other route, becoming a serious player in the anime business for the first time in years.

I have not heard good things about Psycho Pass, although I don't know anything about it.

Psycho Pass looks so cool but I only hear negative things about it.

Having finished the first episode of the new cut (which basically just duck taped episode 1 and 2 of the anime today apparently) I can certainly see why. The world is very cool and has some unique concepts, yet doesn't have the solid writing to . It attempt to tackle some pretty heavy topics and does a pretty poor job of handling them.

The real reason this show loses people off the bat, a topic that should have happened way later in the series and been a turning point for the narrative and characters is used in the first episode to introduce the world and handled very poorly.

Episode 1 psycho pass spoilers

A women is kidnapped, tortured, and raped by a criminal, after he's killed in front of her and from all the stress and suffering she went under she is labeled to be a potential criminal threat who must be brought in for emergency therapy, the two male characters point their guns at her and she panics and runs, elevating her status to that of a dangerous criminal and lethal force is authorized

Needless to say the show does not handle this with the respect it deserves, and it's clearly a point that turns a lot of people off the show and I can't blame them.

On another note, the main character despite being an adult female women sounds and acts in the Japanese version like a 14 year old girl. The clips of the dub I looked up seems like that problem would be fixed in a Toonami airing.

Korigama

Psycho Pass sounds par for the course for Urobuchi. Might want to go with something that wouldn't get kicked to a graveyard slot for its pessimism.

Hmm... as I watch Psycho Pass new edit I'm not sure if I want this to air on Toonami, I feel like it'd be very decisive and quiet a few people would stop watching it after 1 episode.

Well Toonami does air Ghost in the Shell regularly, and that has the same sort of feel of Psycho Pass.

DominoKid

I liked Psychopass but I wouldn't want to see it on the block. The dialogue gets to be unbearable at times w/ how relentless it is. Urobuchi needed to dial it back. Main plot was great though.

Ponn

Banned
I need some serious help here from Toonami GAF. What should I plan for my Toonami day dinner.

1) Turtle power Cheesy Bites pizza from Pizza Hut

2.) Subway - probably Turkey Bacon or Club with avocado

3) Wendy's Pretzel Burger

i'm also trying to decide on Toonami snack which my Toonami dinner could heavily influence. either popcorn or tortilla chips and Pace southwest picante salsa. I have less than 24 hours left.

Off to watch JoJo now, I pray for suitable answers to my conundrum.

MikeMyers

Also, Dr. Slump films coming to DVD:

qEj8Af3.png

I pre-ordered.

I need some serious help here from Toonami GAF. What should I plan for my Toonami day dinner.

i'm also trying to decide on Toonami snack which my Toonami dinner could heavily influence. either popcorn or tortilla chips and Pace southwest picante salsa. I have less than 24 hours left.

clearly you must do all of the above

Ponn

Banned
clearly you must do all of the above

Fun fact stores are selling pretzel buns now. They are of course at a premium, publix has them for 4 buns for 2.99. You have to check them they sometimes over bake them. They are pretty good though.

Takashi

So Im on the computer with the tv on in the background when I notice some weird shit on. Thought it was super jail then I checked and saw its apparently a new ep of king star king. ugh..

Edit: lol

1 and Chips

Raxus

I won't believe a thing until they stick the landing. They fucked up Korra s1 so bad

The possibility is there and I am not ruling it out but I know this for certain. This finale will have 100% less dancing wolves and that can only mean good things.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So watched ep. 1 of P4GA. Yup, this really does feel like NG+. Yu acts like he's done this before & has max stats, and next episode looks like we're already gonna get the next team member, which didn't happen until episodes 6 & 7 of the original. I get that FMA Brotherhood vibe in that the first couple of episodes are done rather fast because it's stuff we already saw in the original series, so they're getting it out of the way so we can get to the stuff that wasn't covered before.

For some reason, while the faster pace does feel a bit weird, it kind of reminds me how I was blasting through my 2nd playthrough/NG+ and dealing with the stuff I already did to finish up the trophies/get to the new stuff that I missed previously quicker, so maybe it's fitting.

so in Casshern Sins, am i the only one that finds it weird that they exclusively use the word "devour" when they talk about wolfing down a Casshern sandwich?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Watching Death Note after Black Lagoon is pretty funny. Light is basically Rock with a god complex and a killer edge.

EDIT: The Devour Casshew thing gets dropped after a few episodes, which is a shame. Funny thing is Friender basically proves them right, devouring Casshew will end their ruin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom