• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

just checking, the AoT marathon was 1->12 (this episode), and the rerun ended at 11 before being axed.

So, everything past this has only aired once before.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Remember TOONAMI has aired the second half of AOT exactly as many times as they aired this...

mcw7wWb.gif
just checking, the AoT marathon was 1->12 (this episode), and the rerun ended at 11 before being axed.

So, everything past this has only aired once before.
Demarco to announce a July 4th marathon of the 1st 6 episodes of AoT followed by its replacement on the block by IGPX
or Cowboy Bebop HD

It's incredible how much filler DBZ had. I remember how much I had to wait for Goku to turn into a SS back in middle school. I even knew a white kid who had seen the series via Japanese VHS tapes. smh

Raxus

Great stuff SAB, bringing that E3 hype to Toonami. Man this was a great capper to the week.

Only stinker of an episode was Naruto but that is going to change really soon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good morning everyone. Quite a night wasn't it?

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
The battle with the Ginyu Force begins. First up is clearly their weakest member, and it shows when Vegeta slices off his head and blows it to bits.
But now they've really pissed off the Ginyu Force, now their posing is all out of whack! You don't screw with a Sentai's posing!

Kill la Kill:
It's the apocalypse! Alien clothes are eating everyone! And Ryuko has to deal with the truth of not being human, hoo boy. Hopefully that anger doesn't last.
Also, nudity everywhere. If this was on HBO, everyone would be anatomically correct.

Michiko & Hatchin:
That was a rough first episode, not because it was bad, but seeing all that abuse towards one of the title characters. That can probably hit close to him to some people out there.
At least it's a good justification for why she would run away with her crazy convict mother. Better her than the asshole family with a terrible Priest leading them.

Sword Art Online II:
They're out of the cave! I repeat, they're out of the cave! I still don't care.
Hilarious how Kirito's attempt at being badass with "I don't care to learn your name" majorly backfired on him. So bad.
"SPACE BATTLESHIP!"

Shippuden:
The filler is over! After a Pokemon style "we will meet again" ending, we meet new members of the Akatsuki leading into one of the only good parts of post-timeskip Naruto.

One Piece:
Third Gear is stronk, but it's slow. Hence why Luffy didn't use it before.
We also majorly expand on Lucci's backstory. Also, I double checked the manga. Chapter 422. It is two pages, it's just that most of it is text.

Gorillaz

Liked MnH, I can see it work as a good episodic series. Or I guess a arc with why she was locked up in the first place

I see it bombing rstings wise but who gives a shit

DBZ Kai - Ginyu force still rules

Kill la Kill - Ryuko was always a bad protagonist but the shit she pulls at the end is icing on the cake. I don't think the "I'M A MONSTER EVERYONE HATES ME ):" arc has ever been good. Theoretically it could be good but the writing fails it every time. It's just tired and tedious moping around until the MC figures out "Oh people DO actually care about me! Wowwie! Time to use my new found powers and knowledge to beat the bad dude's ass" And that she takes it out on Senketsu is the worst. Senketsu is the last person she should be mad at. The one thing I actually like about Eren is that he gets over it pretty quick and realizes he can completely destroy the Titans with his own power.

Michiko and Hatchin - Good first episode, mostly just setting up the world's shittiest family so you can feel relieved when Michiko blows them the fuck out

SAO II - Remember all these plot points were retroactively added in

Shippuden - Hidan's scythe is dumb as hell

One Piece - Toei stretching those two pages to their limits, amazing!

SAO II - Remember all these plot points were retroactively added in

One Piece - Toei stretching those two pages to their limits, amazing!

To be fair to SAO, that entire Laughing Coffin thing was apparently in the book, and it's just that the anime skipped over it.

And to clarify in case people start to misinterpret the One Piece thing, the episode itself still covered a full chapter, it's only the flashback that was really expanded.

To be fair to SAO, that entire Laughing Coffin thing was apparently in the book, and it's just that the anime skipped over it.

On one hand I could almost excuse that.
On the other if it was so important they should've put it in
On my magical third hand the fact that something so seemingly insignificant they didn't even bother to adapt it is the crux point of a future arc is equally stupid

After watching the comparisons, Toonami's pick and choose editing continues to confuse, especially considering what was edited before (I'm not talking about the bath scene).

Oh well, we got to see members of the Elite 4: Nudist Beach ver. doing their own thing without leadership: Uzu jobbing again, adorable snarkfest from Nonon, Gamagori saving Mako, and Hoku being techie behind the scenes. Also Mako's mom being infatuated by glowing male bits, DTR!, spanking, and with the post-scene proper use of the allotted time for episodes. Oh, how can I forget Ryuko losing her way...

I'm guessing our sisters are going to team up for some crazy battle now.

ckohler

This week’s theme? Adults were needed and for many different reasons. On to the reviews:

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - The Ginyu force struts their stuff and it’s down right fun. They really come off like the “jock squad” from high school or something. I could totally imagine them saying, “Stop hitting yourself, Dorks!” All of their voices are bad but in a really entertaining way except for Guldo who sounds a little too much like King Kai. His time freezing power seemed really OP and yet he was beaten surprisingly quickly. Death by decapitation via Vegetable was cool. Hopefully the rest of the Gunyu force fights are just as entertaining. Great episode. Rating: Tie! Go again! Tie! Go again!

Kill la Kill - Timeskip time and it seems with Satsuki now captured and Ryuko unconscious, things have gotten really bad for the rebellion. The Elite Four have had to join up with Nudest Beach and the Covers are already knocking on their door. I love the scene with Mako’s family especially Sukuyo, Mako’s Mom, who can’t look away from Sexy Sensei’s glowing crotch. Hilarious. Nudest Nonon is kinda sexy and all the banter between the Elite Four is lively and fun. Ragyo continues to be the worlds worst mom and Nui is working on something huge. Thankfully, Mako gets saved in a very cute shipping scene between her and Gamagori just before Ryuko awakes. ALERT! ALERT! We’ve gone full on edge lord. I won’t defend this other than to say that it’s pretty consistent for Ryuko’s character to lash out like this when overwhelmed. Still, it’s her worst character trait and really makes it hard to like her. Will Senketsu and the other characters get through to her? Tune in next week for more! Rating: Ow the Edge

Michiko and Hatchin - I was way more entertained than I expected to be. First up, fuck that family. Like, I wanted to reach into the screen and punch each and every one of those assholes. Their abuse of Hanna was brutal but also worked well to make me care for her character. I was glued to the screen the entire episode and was relieved to see Hanna actually fight back a little. I love the character designs, particularly Michiko’s face, and the animation during the entire episode looked stellar. The music was also really good and the OP and EDs were stylish as hell. This show now has my full attention. I want more! Rating: 1-800-4-A-CHILD

Sword Art Online II - “Stay calm. Home in on his drive to kill. That’s right, I could feel their lust for murder.” That was an actual line spoken by the Beater himself while using his gaming Jesus power to locate hidden players. Too OP! Also, Yui can now hack anything IRL and let’s not forget SPACE BATTLESHIPS! Need I say more? Another hilarious episode. This is way funnier than the original series. Rating: PKers gotta PK

Naruto: Shippuden - Even with a really bad skin condition on his face, Naruto finally gets through to Sora and this dumb filler plot can end. Everybody cares for Sora, but for no good reason, and so they say their heartfelt goodbyes. Thank goodness. You guys all seem pretty hyped for this next story arc so I now have high hopes. I’m sick of this show being boring. Rating: ♪ You were NOT my friend! Ahh ahh! ♪

One Piece - When I realized this was going to be a flashback episode, I groaned but the story was actually pretty good and rather shocking. It seems 13 year old Lucci was a murdering little punk. Granted, how he got that World Government scar on his back was pretty dope. I certainly hope that ordinary Marine soldiers get drafted because I can’t comprehend why anyone would willingly join such a corrupt organization. They kill their own men left and right! 3rd gear, while kinda goofy looking, is still pretty awesome. Now that the show has revealed how truly evil Lucci is, let’s get back to the smackdown! Rating: Kingly

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Dragon Ball Z: Had Gohan x Krillin, 5 Stars.
Kill la Kill: Had Mako's younger brother x That big burly dude, 3 1/2 Stars.
Gabriel and some broads: Had Gabriel, the perfect child. 4 Stars.
SAO II: Had Kirito. Seven Stars
Naruto Shippuden: Sora x Naruto, bff. 3 3/4 Stars.
One Piece: Boring. Zero Stars.
AoT: Even size can't stop Armin and Eren. 4 1/2 Stars.

DBZ: The pose is all wrong now ;_;
KLK: Pretty decent episode, not much going on, but you can say that about most of this show's episodes. The daughter molestation thing really needs to stop.
M2H: Strong first episode. Nice animation and music. Also, fuck that family, can't wait to see where the show goes.
SAO2: The show that never stops giving with its amazing writing. Would've been the funniest thing I've seen all month if not for that Giant Bomb E3 Day 3 live show.
Naruto: we canon now
One Piece: Lucci's a bad dude, can't wait till next week for one of the best OP episodes ever.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I really enjoyed every single thing on last night...well, besides AoT I suppose. Yes even Shippuden and SAO II.

AoT does start getting better next week though. I generally find the second season more watchable...but how much of that is from only seeing it once? I still think the only episode of the show that I truly enjoy is the training one, they definitely made the right decision putting it in chronological order and not saving it as a flashback. I do love parts of the trial though and every time Science Lady shows up.

AoT would be perfect if it was a Science Lady and Sasha procedural forensics cop show.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I hate Sword Art Online so fucking much you guys. It's so stupid, how is it so fucking awful?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom