• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I honestly didn't mind Matoi going full edgelord given that it feels reasonable for her to pull it off. Crying, failing tryhards (aka papenbrook's entire career) aee such a bore that it's entertaining to see an angry protag actually accomplish something.

At least we finally get to see Mako in her nudist beach outfit. :3

tumblr_npx9hs5ovy1tv8s8mo1_1280.jpg

Picked up by Rightstuf. DVD only release. 150 bucks for the complete series.

That's not too terrible a price as it basically boils down to $1 an episode, dvd only would suck but at least it'd be some way to get the series officially released over here. Ideally it'd be dubbed by someone and released on Blu-Ray but at this point I've given up on seeing it released at all/

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Kirito doesn't fail ever though. And when he does, it's because the dude cheated.

Ryuko is perfectly justified in her anger and while it may sound trite people really do take out their anger and resentment on those closest to them. Senketsu is the closest being to her around and her only other friend hasn't quite gotten around to talking to her.

People who resent her largely wish that the show had been about her sister instead, which is understandable. She's a stuck up jerk though.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's not too terrible a price as it basically boils down to $1 an episode, dvd only would suck but at least it'd be some way to get the series officially released over here. Ideally it'd be dubbed by someone and released on Blu-Ray but at this point I've given up on seeing it released at all/

DVD only releases are usually priced fairly. It's still a nightmare scenario for a show that deserves to be dubbed by someone good.

Seda

i dunno if I was just in the right mood last night or what but Sword Art Online was hilarious instead of just plain awful.

the reactions also contributed to that. y'all a bunch of jokers

thanks toonamigaf

Puruzi

Banned
Kirito doesn't fail ever though. And when he does, it's because the dude cheated.

Ryuko is perfectly justified in her anger and while it may sound trite people really do take out their anger and resentment on those closest to them. Senketsu is the closest being to her around and her only other friend hasn't quite gotten around to talking to her.

People who resent her largely wish that the show had been about her sister instead, which is understandable. She's a stuck up jerk though.

YES. This post is perfect.

Seda

my general thoughts on ryuko's behavior last night basically hinge on how the show takes it from here, which is why I didn't say much about it.

I prefer Ryuko to Satsuki honestly. Satsuki is cool, but she's not much of a character.

Well Nonon is the best, but I prefer Ryuko to most of the cast in general.

Puruzi

Banned
Nui>Nonon>Ryuuko>Mako>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>shit>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Satsuki

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I haven't seen the rest of the show (zombie Ryuko is as far as I got on the sub release back in the day) but I'm just waiting for Ryuko to find her way, have a battle of understanding with her sister Kazuma/Ryuho style, maybe with them switching clothing so they can understand each other better, one trying to subjugate her clothing buddy while the other gets to know what it's like with a thinking feeling one, and then their climatic showdown with their mom. With lots of rainbows. Bloody rainbows. Oh I suppose Nui needs to die as well.

The only Kill la Kill characters I liked were Gamagoori, Nonon, Satsuki and Senketsu. Everyone else I was either indifferent on or just straight up didn't like.

oh the teacher is pretty cool too, Senketsu is still the best

Seda

I haven't seen the rest of the show (zombie Ryuko is as far as I got on the sub release back in the day) but I'm just waiting for Ryuko to find her way, have a battle of understanding with her sister Kazuma/Ryuho style, maybe with them switching clothing so they can understand each other better, one trying to subjugate her clothing buddy while the other gets to know what it's like with a thinking feeling one, and then their climatic showdown with their mom. With lots of rainbows. Bloody rainbows. Oh I suppose Nui needs to die as well.

SGiJ5kI.gif

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Holy shit the grand line is ridiculous. The ocean is so chaotic to navigate.

And you're only just starting.

Interesting note: The Calm Belt scene was included in the anime in the middle of a filler arc. So that makes Apis and her stupid dragons 99% filler.

Line_HTX

Ryuko is a complete jobber that drags this overhyped show down. Lady Satsuki is more deserving as the main character, and would make it legit hype.

The other characters are essentially carrying that show and keeping my interest thus far in an otherwise awful attempt to recreate the Gurren Lagann spirit. They make the show more than Ryuko.

bigkrev

i dunno if I was just in the right mood last night or what but Sword Art Online was hilarious instead of just plain awful.

the reactions also contributed to that. y'all a bunch of jokers

thanks toonamigaf

Yep, I was close to tears at the end when they just started monologing.

Line_HTX

SAO II is definitely NOT boring at all, not in the least bit. All this stupid stuff made me laugh and I was never bored. In fact, it seemed like every episode went by fast because I was too busy laughing at the atrocious writing. Michelle Ruff's excellent acting could not save the writing even.

Raxus

SAO definitely works a million times better with a community hatewatch. I think the impression it was boring comes from when people watched the episodes individually and just said 'that sucked' and left it at that.

I remember the second episode of SAO I being well received initially and we tore that episode a new one the second waifu sparkles appeared. I dunno how faithful the dub is but it always seems to find JUST the wrong way to say a line to make it extra hilarious. That is part of the reason we have our thread title I believe.

Yeah I never found SAO II boring while I was watching it as it aired, I kept being shocked when episodes ended because flew by so quickly... largely because I was laughing at how awful the writing was.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
SAO definitely works a million times better with a community hatewatch. I think the impression it was boring comes from when people watched the episodes individually and just said 'that sucked' and left it at that.

I remember the second episode of SAO I being well received initially and we tore that episode a new one the second waifu sparkles appeared. I dunno how faithful the dub is but it always seems to find JUST the wrong way to say a line to make it extra hilarious. That is part of the reason we have our thread title I believe.

IRL AGI IRL AGI IRL AGI IRL AGI IRL AGI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom