• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Also, why would there be a unique schedule on July 4th? I understand daylight savings, etc, but why the 4th?

Holidays like Memorial Day or Labor Day aren't good news for ratings, so they'll often air something other than the regular 'premieres'. (usually rerun marathons)

Here are the ratings for the '4th of July weekend' the past two years - last year's schedule was tweaked slightly for the Space Dandy S2 premiere. This year is more interesting/problematic (pick your adjective) because the 4th lands directly on Saturday night.

1TBVZf8.png

XW2cvuf.png

Man God

Non-Canon Member
PK'ers are the lowest of the low.

*Is in a tournament all about PKing*

Nope, it's a PVP tournament.

What they were talking about would not feel that out of place in .hack//ROOTS though, which has a large part of its subplot devoted to Chaotic PKers and Player Killer Killers.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
That would make for a funny April Fools night. "Hey guys, so we had a DBZ Kai night planned, but we have new owners that forced us to tone the violence down, so we had to use the version FOR KIDS."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zoro sonning these Baroque Works clowns dolo. He just testing out his new toys. lol

What is Takanami suppose to look like?

Do you mean Tatsu Maki?
It means "Dragon Twister", it's a tornado move.
The same word can be found in Ryu's "Tatsumaki Senpukyaku"

Soulflarz

Banned
Whoops, missed the discussion-

SAO2 is not boring. If you don't know what bad writing is, you might end up loving it.
If you do, it's like watching a train wreck, and you cannot look away.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Zoro is that dude. Realest dude on the crew

Dude keeps it REAL AS FUCK. Especially after the half-way mark, goddamn.

Whoops, missed the discussion-

SAO2 is not boring. If you don't know what bad writing is, you might end up loving it.
If you do, it's like watching a train wreck, and you cannot look away.

Yea, it's a total trainwreck and not in the good way. If only it was self-aware enough and turned into the skid, like season 2 of Code Geass, but it's still fun to watch with all of you. God help me if I had to watch it alone. Trainwrecks, be them good or bad, are always better with friends.

Moaradin

The dub makes SAO2 a bit more entertaining since the dialogue is somehow even more awful. I remember watching this part on the sub and was practically falling asleep. The dub + group watching has made it significantly more entertaining.

Line_HTX

That ending felt rushed, and it felt like there were parts that dragged on too long. I think Stardust Crusaders is decent, but man, overall, it feels like SHIT.

Maybe perspectives may change if watched in dub audio, but I don't know... it wasn't good overall.

Jarate

Banned
That ending felt rushed, and it felt like there were parts that dragged on too long. I think Stardust Crusaders is decent, but man, overall, it feels like SHIT.

Maybe perspectives may change if watched in dub audio, but I don't know... it wasn't good overall.
i havent watched the ending yet, but Part 4 is way better or so ive heard. Part 3 is really popular because it really gave the Jojo series its ideas on what it was too become. But even with regards to the faults of the show, just seeing how crazy it will be awesome too watch peoples reactions too

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Batman games always have the crippling issue of being 20 bucks with all the DLC a year later. Always takes them 12-14 months to patch that in.

bigkrev

Guys, do not get Arkham Knight for PC. There's real fucking issues and it desperately needs to be patched.

One of the major AAA devs put out a buggy game at launch? Thats just crazy and unheard of!

Considering how great Arkham Origins was on PC, this is a fucking travesty. My 2GB GTX 770 can't do anything more than lowest settings, and even then the framreate hiccups enough to make the game impossible to play without wanting to barf

Now I know why every third party retailer (even the legit ones!) had the PC version for 40+% off in pre-orders (I payed 30 dollars for the Game+ Season Pass, personally)- they wanted people to buy the game in a form that could not be refunded on Steam :(

Crocodile

I know games are getting more expensive and harder to make but its depresses me that the first releases of games are getting worse and worse over time. It's starting to feel like every 3rd party game is a gamble at launch :( They need to delay games more if they can't launch without SUBSTANTIAL bugs and in turn consumers have to be more willing stop pre-ordering or put their wallets where their mouths are and stop (or at least be more hesitant) to support developers/publishers who consistently put out shoddy work.

bigkrev

I know games are getting more expensive and harder to make but its depresses me that the first releases of games are getting worse and worse over time. It's starting to feel like every 3rd party game is a gamble at launch :( They need to delay games more if they can't launch without SUBSTANTIAL bugs and in turn consumers have to be more willing stop pre-ordering or put their wallets where their mouths are and stop (or at least be more hesitant) to support developers/publishers who consistently put out shoddy work.

I can at least understand save bugs or things that might take some time to find in the game, but Batman is a case where you know in the first 10 minutes of booting it up that it is completely fucked. It's inexcusable.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I can at least understand save bugs or things that might take some time to find in the game, but Batman is a case where you know in the first 10 minutes of booting it up that it is completely fucked. It's inexcusable.

Honestly, outside of quick camera movements I was perfectly fine until I got in the batmobile. Then everything was fucked. How this got past QC I will never know.

I heard re-downloading might help so I'm doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom