• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Fixed, no one should witness that much bad CG
The CGI is bad, and it totally detracts from the show, but its not a deal breaker for me, especially cause it is kind of a braindead pseudo shonen series.

Also, we should do a group watch of the 3 Kingdoms Drama that aired on Chinese TV, its really fucking good and I want to share it with you!

Jarate

Banned
Ted 1 was a decent comedy romp, it was ok, but it was worth the watch

Only reason this movie exists is too make money, and I do not trust a filmmaker like seth mcfarlane to be able to churn out another decent film when a lot of his other stuff is garbage

Don't go see Ted 2. It's not good. I really regret seeing it.
Seth MacFarlane is a one movie trick pony.

Seth MacFarlane is a one trick pony period, even his good ideas are held back by the fact the guy is a hack fraud who has 1 decent/good joke for every 10 terrible ones he has.

The movie looked terrible from the trailers.
Plus, it's Seth f***Ing MacFarlane. I don't understand why Hollywood still allows him to make movies.

Because they keep making money, even Million Ways to Die in the West which was awful made double it's budget

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Vegeta takes on Recoome but things don't go too well for the Prince of all Saiyans, Ryuko goes chasing after Ragyo and Nui on her own while Satsuki tries to strike back herself, Michiko and Hana are on the run but hot on their tails is top cop and Michiko's archnemesis Atsuko Jackson, Kirito figures out Death Gun's true identity because reasons, Akatsuki's on the move once again as two of its members set their sights on the Two-Tails jinchuriki, Luffy has to tell with the side effects of Gear 3 while Franky takes on Funkfreed on the Bridge of Hesitation, and Eren finally decides to maybe try to move that boulder.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 29 - First Up for the Ginyu Force! Guldo’s Time Freeze!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 30 - The Nightmare Recoome! Come Out and Play, Vegeta!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 20 - Far from the Madding Crowd
1:00 - Michiko e Hatchin - 2 - The Brown Sugar Outlaw
1:30 - Sword Art Online II - 13 - Phantom Bullet
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 72 - The Quietly Approaching Threat
2:30 - One Piece - 306 - A Mysterious Mermaid Appears? As Consciousness Fades Away...
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 13 - Primal Desire: The Struggle for Trost, Part 9

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I can't wait for ep. 14 of SAO2 be called "Phantom Menace", then 15 be "Phantom of the Opera", seeing as how many times "Phantom" has been used for episode titles.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Pretty sure Death Gun is going to bite it soon. Wouldn't be surprised if Shinon shoots him IRL with her Chekov's gun.

Crocodile

Is this week the end of the Phantom Bullet arc?

Don't go see Ted 2. It's not good. I really regret seeing it.
Seth MacFarlane is a one movie trick pony.

If I liked Ted 1, would Ted 2 still be a waste of time?

Ted 1 was a decent comedy romp, it was ok, but it was worth the watch

Only reason this movie exists is too make money, and I do not trust a filmmaker like seth mcfarlane to be able to churn out another decent film when a lot of his other stuff is garbage

The purpose of like most movies it to make money, that's not really a reasonable critique by itself.

Soulflarz

Banned
So the more I think about it the more I'm convinced people are in love with the world of SAO, and not the actual show. Like the world is an appealing thing to them, not really Kiri-okay I'm sure his harem appeals to some (side note: harems suck, don't fall into one on either side of it) but overall people fell in love with the idea of their daily escape becoming that much more real in that world.

Or something.

If I liked Ted 1, would Ted 2 still be a waste of time?
It's not like the movie doesn't have funny moments because it does. It's just that, There are large periods of the movie that drag. And several jokes that made me cringe. Plus there are comparisons made to slavery and civil rights that just made me uncomfortable.
But if you can get past all of that, I'd say it's a matinee type of movie.

bigkrev

Dub is really damn good, sucks having to watch it weekly :(

Hey, sitting in front of the TV for 5 hours on a summer weekend is -not- something I normally do!

And yeah, while some of the voice actors aren't great (Karma sounds stupid, Sugino sounds bored the entire time), it's mostly a great dub (Korosensei is AMAZING), even if it has to deal with some issues that don't exist in the Japanese language (gendered pronouns make the whole thing about Nagisa's gender less ambiguious/funny), and the show is pretty funny.

Hey, sitting in front of the TV for 5 hours on a summer weekend is -not- something I normally do!

And yeah, while some of the voice actors aren't great (Karma sounds stupid, Sugino sounds bored the entire time), it's mostly a great dub (Korosensei is AMAZING), even if it has to deal with some issues that don't exist in the Japanese language (gendered pronouns make the whole thing about Nagisa's gender less ambiguious/funny), and the show is pretty funny.

I dunno I think Karma sounds good though I haven't heard any of the Japanese version so I dunno how it compares

Regiruler

So the more I think about it the more I'm convinced people are in love with the world of SAO, and not the actual show. Like the world is an appealing thing to them, not really Kiri-okay I'm sure his harem appeals to some (side note: harems suck, don't fall into one on either side of it) but overall people fell in love with the idea of their daily escape becoming that much more real in that world.

Or something.
That doesn't explain the tide of kirito cosplay

Unless you mean on a subconscious level and people misidentify their own desire as a conscious liking of the show

ckohler

WniO0az.png

mOfSoHN.jpg

bigkrev

I dunno I think Karma sounds good though I haven't heard any of the Japanese version so I dunno how it compares

I haven't heard the original either, but he just sounds way too serious and old (reminds me of Feep's Byakuya, actually).

Also, the fact that Funimation put the first episode of their Free dub out on the same day as Gay Marriage is cosmic-level comedy.

I like Bleach filler. FT, not so much.

I can't comment on ft filler though what I have heard is some of the later filler arcs were actually arcs the manga author came up with but decided to shelve and gave to the anime team. Also fwiw an upcoming arc (tower of heaven) was where the fairy tail manga picked up for me.

Tereasaka kun sounds incredibly hot, and has great lines. I like Karma kun lines, Maehara and Isogai sound perfect. Wasnt liking Isogai at first, but then I think that is how a class rep would sound and 2nd best knifer in class. Itona is good too, cant wait for s2 when all my faves get way more time (though anime seems to get Maehara/Isogai tons of time on screen, more than I remember).

Oh and Chiba is a new favorite cause of the dub.

Greatly prefer Nagisa english voice over the jpn, meanwhile prefer maehara jpn voice...

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
"What's wrong with a man giving away a golden shower? Sounds like a nice gift to me"

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
This episode of The Boondocks is 10 years old now.
And somehow it's message still rings true.
I wish McGruder did Season 4, there would have been so much great satire he could covered. Instead we got stupid Breaking Bad parodies...

Grexeno

Shit, I got so absorbed into Arkham Knight I forgot to put my clothes in the dryer.

Also I hope SAO is as "good" as advertised tonight.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Shit, I got so absorbed into Arkham Knight I forgot to put my clothes in the dryer.

Also I hope SAO is as "good" as advertised tonight.

the only thing that could possibly make tonight's SAO "good" is if it involves the end credits rolling for the final time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom