• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Piece broadcast dub when?

Haha. That's never happening. Funimation would need to open up two new recording studios on the East and West Coast and hire multiple ADR directors just to make it feasible.

Moaradin

Funimation has been making good progress. They are already at episodes 400+

And apparently they are doing something special for episode 700? Would be interesting to see a test dub for that episode lol

Super hyped for Toonami tomorrow between a really shitty week of fasting, summer classes and work.

Lineup looks great and I'm looking forward to watching all of it
secretly Sword Art the most.

I was thinking about Kill la Kill earlier today, and as much as I like the series, I couldn't remember the name of 2 of the Elite 4 members for whatever reason.

Raxus

Morning ToonamiGAF. Tonight's lineup is A+ material. I expect you all to be here for SAO especially. One Piece, SAO, and Naruto are must watches IIRC.

Raxus

I am not mentioning ANYTHING about any of the episodes tonight. I just hope I can convince everyone to sit down to watch it. No hints. I just want to see everyone's thoughts on these episodes.

If you think I'm missing a sword fight in a gun-based MMO where one of the weapons is made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP, you're out of your mind!

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you think I'm missing a sword fight in a gun-based MMO where one of the weapons is made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP, you're out of your mind!

odIep1r.gif

Fuckin SAO.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Welp, the Jojo S1 DVD has now been delayed to Sept. 22.

Which is one day after my b-day *cough cough*.

It's also THREE DAYS AFTER SAO2 FINISHS AIRING, COINCIDENCE??!?

Regiruler

I was thinking about Kill la Kill earlier today, and as much as I like the series, I couldn't remember the name of 2 of the Elite 4 members for whatever reason.
The names are very asian, so I don't blame you.

I mean this in a very practical way: the names are unusual to english speakers, in how they're spelled, the amount of syllables, etc. I can't spell sanageyama correctly to save my life.

I think it was an intentional choice.

Compare it to something like gurren laggan where a handful of names are english based, and the rest aren't very hard to remember.

I'm not sure this delay indicates Jojo will air on Toonami as SAO's replacement, I feel that's more a case of correlation not causation. If Jojo was planned to replace SAO it was already the plan before the delay happened, the delay is probably something related to dubbing issues, production issues, or rights issues.

Grexeno

How many episodes is JoJo anyway? Is it a long runner?
Part 1 is 9 episodes, Part 2 is 17 episodes, and they combine to make a standard 26 episode show.

Part 3 is 48 episodes, and there are 4 other parts currently finished that, were they to get anime adaptations, would be at least that long.

Odds are when we get Jojo we'll end up getting parts 1-3 back to back as I imagine they'll want to start dubbing Stardust Crusaders sooner then later, especially if the show does air on Toonami and takes off like we think it will.

Probably late, but I figured I'd post the episode my podcast had for last week's shows.

Topics include the Adult Swim singles, the Colossal Titan saying no to drugs, Hana being Harry Potter, and Kirito saying lines that sound like they're from a Nicholas Cage movie.

(As always, clicking the pictures lets you skip around. And if you wanna go dig up last week's episode, we complain about InuYasha: The Final Act as a series for like 30 minutes).

BBboy20

Man, playing Arkham Knight and Patrick Seitz voices all of the militia big guys. I'm hoping that eventually the game will screw up and he'll end up talking to himself.
LOL so that was him. Yeah, seems like all the popular VOs voicing random badguys are back.

Regiruler

Speaking of voice actors, I just noticed that Sanctus and Balder are voiced by the same person, if Bayo didn't have enough parallels with DMC4.

Line_HTX

Patrick Seitz does every role well. I'm glad he got picked for Gamagoori, he made that character keep my interest in this bad show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom