• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I guess that makes sense. It still just irks me a bit considering their past scenes together.

She did just wake up from a 1 month coma after discovering

She's not fully human

The main bad guy who is about to feed the world to clothing is her mom

The girl she's been fighting against the whole time was actually her sister

The same thing she's made out of is what Senketsu and the evil thing attempting to eat the planet is out of

All that together, I think she gets to have her moment to be angry/upset with everyone

The bigger problem is this is the second or third time the writers have pulled the Ryoko gets angry/angsty card, this scene should have been the only time it happened in the show.

It's not complicated. Ryuko lashes out at people when she's upset. It doesn't matter what happened earlier. She feels like a monster and now she's lashing out. It's pretty much how she's always been.

Which doesn't really change that that's all it boils down to: Ryuko yells at people and stalls the plot. Woohoo, drama.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
The theme playing right now sounds like something straight out of xenoblade X
anyone listened to that soundtrack btw? it's great/

Crocodile

She did just wake up from a 1 month coma after discovering

She's not fully human

The main bad guy who is about to feed the world to clothing is her mom

The girl she's been fighting against the whole time was actually her sister

The same thing she's made out of is what Senketsu and the evil thing attempting to eat the planet is out of

All that together, I think she gets to have her moment to be angry/upset with everyone

The bigger problem is this is the second or third time the writers have pulled the Ryoko gets angry/angsty card, this scene should have been the only time it happened in the show.

I believe specifically mentioned this before but that is a big part of it. Ryuko's character development basically goes in circles for a large part of the show and that's a problem. It's less the idea that's bad but rather the execution and I feel the execution here is pretty poor IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom