• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Next week on Toonami:

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 30 - The Nightmare Recoome! Come Out and Play, Vegeta!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 25 - Power Up, Krillin! Frieza's Mounting Apprehension!
12:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 26 - The Scheme Is Shattered! Vegeta Strikes Back at Zarbon!
1:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 27 - A Touch-and-Go Situation! Gohan, Protect the Four-Star Ball!
1:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 28 - The Countdown to Battle Begins! Enter, The Ginyu Force!
2:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 29 - First Up for the Ginyu Force! Guldo’s Time Freeze!
2:30 - Dragonball Z Kai - 30 - The Nightmare Recoome! Come Out and Play, Vegeta!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 14 - Can't Look Into His Eyes: Eve of the Counterattack, Part 1

Later.

Line_HTX

Time to catch up on what I missed on the DVR.

Oh yeah, next Saturday is July 4. At least the trial episode is full of YELLING AND BOLD, RED WORDS!

daveo42

Banned
Somehow made it through AoT this week. Next week will most likely be dead. Did have fun, even considering what SAO was.

Later ToonamiGAF.

Raxus

Can I just state how much I love THAT episode of SAO II is what we are left to mill over for the next 2 weeks.

Enjoy that thought.

Good night!

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
MlWA77up4eIC6u_Np-

MlWA77ur67YXM1vk3h
MlWA77usE1Yrj7rdY3

MlWA77usP1Q9NpzXu2
MlWA77usXS4p43_NBX

MlWA77ushJEIfeiVjk

LATER SAN LATER SAN INUYASHAS SAN!

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I'm not going to bother watching next week. Not because it's the 4th of july, but because there's no point in watching.

I just woke up and realized something.

If they're not airing episode 31 of Kai next week, but they're rerunning episode 30 then......what will they rerun the week after?

giphy.gif

Nobody's gonna watch next week.......

Then the DB Super teaser will air. ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

While that would be amazing, if they had a simuldub of dbs they'd announce that as loud as possible on social media and on regular adult swim leading up to its premier and not stealth annoumce it the week before.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Goooood morning everyone. Crazy as hell night.

Dragon Ball Z Kai:
His name is Recoome, it rhymes with doom, and you'll be hurtin' ALL TOO SOON
Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan get completely wrecked by the Ginyu Force's biggest member. With Gohan getting his neck broken. You know, a kid's manga!
Thankfully, Goku is here!
Funny thing for those that don't know, back in the old days of Toonami, Funimation only had like the first 50 episodes so until they could get more, they had to repeat up to this point. Since current Toonami is going to repeat this episode three more times, I just thought it was funny.

Kill la Kill:
Yeesh, fucked up brainwashing.
Ryuko and Satsuki switch magic clothes! Will all hell break loose?

Michiko & Hatchin:
We learn a bit more about Michiko, and the cop that's always chasing her (both seemed to be friends at one point).
I hope that's the last we see of the asshole priest. Trying to kill a little girl for insurance money, what the fuck.
The animation is so stylish. I get the feeling this will be a big hit for Toonami.

Sword Art Online II:
Sooo Kirito has seen Death Gun multiple times, Up close too. But it's not until the end that he realizes it's the guy from SAO... with the same fucking eyes. For someone that managed to figure out Death Gun's murder method completely out of his ass, Kirito is fucking dense.
And then there's the second half, a long uncomfortable attempted rape scene. It goes to show what a hack Kawahara is that we get a second creepy raper guy so soon after the last arc. There are other types of villains Kawahara!
It says something when a scene is so bad that I'm actually glad to see the Marty Stu fuckface protagonist. ... Was that the plan all along?

Naruto Shippuden:
Feels like forever since we've seen Kakashi.
We meet the Two-Tails, and see that Hidan is freaking nuts.

One Piece:
Surprise! Kokoro is a mermaid! There is a reason she can walk.
Interesting thing to note, for manga readers, this was not the first time a mermaid had been shown.
In Hatchan's cover story, he meets a mermaid.
And Third Gear still did a number on Lucci.

Raxus

SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN
SAB CA SAN

SAB CA SAN!
SAB CA SAN!
SAB CA SAN!

Great job this week. Thankful Vegeta is the best. You don't have to add anything to the SAO II pic, it will always be hilarious. I look forward to seeing multiple Hidan pics.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I fell asleep at 11:45 last night.
I apparently missed one hell of an SAO episode?
It was ep. 24(.5) levels of bad/hilarity.

Seriously, watch the episode, then go back & read our reactions, especially to the later half.

I'm just gonna post this Twitter conversation about the rape scene in SAOII because I need people to confirm that I'm not just imagining it and something this nonsensical actually happened.
More like "SAOFAQ". Also WTF at that One Piece comparison, that makes NO sense.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I'm just gonna post this Twitter conversation about the rape scene in SAOII because I need people to confirm that I'm not just imagining it and something this nonsensical actually happened.
I get what the other guy is saying. But any attempt at having a deeper representation on sexual assault is destroyed by it all just serving as power fantasy fulfilment with Kirito. There's an argument to be made on how some people can't escape on their own but it came apart here since Shinon doesn't exist as a character outside of building up Kirito.

Also the suggestion that she isn't a damsel in distress is hilarious. You don't get more damsel-y than that.

It was ep. 24(.5) levels of bad/hilarity.

Seriously, watch the episode, then go back & read our reactions, especially to the later half.

More like "SAOFAQ". Also WTF at that One Piece comparison, that makes NO sense.
If there person was comparing it to the current One Piece manga arc, there's a comparision to be made. Though it's not the strongest one. Otherwise, no, the guy is being crazy if he's comparing it to any other One Piece arc.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anybody else getting J-Stars this week?
Yup, getting PS3 since I wanted retail & that pre-order book. Thing is I gotta wait a day because I want to use a $25 gift coupon to pay off the pre-order, but I can't get it until July 1st. Just hope I can play it considering I'm starting my summer Calculus class tomorrow.

Episode 30.

Again????
Too much Recoome...

I'm more traumatized by the fact that Ichigo tried to rape Rukia.

Yup, getting PS3 since I wanted retail & that pre-order book. Thing is I gotta wait a day because I want to use a $25 gift coupon to pay off the pre-order, but I can't get it until July 1st. Just hope I can play it considering I'm starting my summer Calculus class tomorrow.

Isn't the PS3 version detail only in the states?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Isn't the PS3 version retail only in the states?
It's digital as well, along with the PS4 & Vita (digital only in the US) versions.

GameStop had the exclusive pre-order bonus of a physical version of the book, while other places (including PSN) had digital versions of the book.

ckohler

Great job SAB CA! I love kawaii Vegeta, lol. There was no apparent theme to me this week so it's on to the reviews!

Dragon Ball Z: Kai - That Goku voiced intro was unusual. I guess the narrator was on vacation for half the episode. Recoome sure is a lot of fun. He's got a lot of crazy Jojo poses, a childlike demeanor, and he doesn't notice when his ass crack is showing. Vegeta didn't need to to be such a jerk to Gohan all the time. The kid just saved your life from Recoome's 'IMMA FIRIN' MY LAZ0RS!' blast! I get that Vegeta is supposed to be an asshole but I would have liked it more if he gave just a little bit of respect to his teammates. Thankfully, Goku has arrived to start kicking tons of ass! A really fun episode as usual. Rating: Hot Chocolate Sundaes

Kill la Kill - This episode probably marks the lowest point in the series. It only can go up from here and I don't blame anyone for not liking Ryuko right now. Since episode one, Ryuko's always been a very short tempered girl and now that she's realized she not human, she is taking it out on everyone like a bitch. Teenagers, am I right? It sucks because it shows she's hasn't grown from her past mistakes. During her rage fueled counter-attack, she was captured by Ragyo and is now full on brainwashed into switching sides. Aside from all the angst, there were things to like in this episode. The banter between the Elite Four is as fun as always and we got to see Takarada again and the debut of the Naked Sol. My favorite though was Satsuki's naked escape from the Academy with the help of the Elite Four and that final shot of her rising up to fight Nega-Ryuko while wearing Senketsu. She was just so damn badass looking that I have to bow. Let round three begin! Can Team Senketsu rescue Ryuko from her own stupidity? Tune in two weeks from now to find out! Rating: "Kill me now."

Michiko and Hatchin - I can't stress enough how fantastic the animation is in this show. I'm not just talking about the stellar character designs but the colors, motion, dynamic camera angles. Everything just looks great and oozes style. Atsuko seems like a fun, new foil for Michiko but "Hatchin" is making for an even better one. At the start of this episode, I was going to ask why the title is "Hatchin" instead of "Hanna" but then I realized half way through that this episode was about to explain it. Father Asshole returns and now is full on trying to murder Hatchin. Ugh, seriously, someone please kill this loathsome prick. Michiko goes all Mike Tyson on Atsuko (who has great hair, btw). I do like tough women so this is great. Another awesome episode although I certainly can do without the creepy pantsu shots. Rating: *Bleep*ing good!

Sword Art Online II - Wow... HAHAHAH! Another laugh out loud episode of SAO II! To be fair, that final battle was (again) animated very nicely but the entire dialog and premise of what is happening is just ridiculous. Did anyone else notice how it was Asuna holding Kirito's hand IRL which was what helped him reach for his sidearm at the last second? LOL! Of course they end the tournament in a tie, which doesn't even make sense. Cut to real life where creepy wanna-be boyfriend reveals himself to be behind the murders (NO DUH!) and I guess it wouldn't be SAO without some more attempted rape. That scene where Sinon tries to console Asada had me rolling my eyes backwards into my head but I actually kinda wanted to see Asada kick this douchenozzle's ass. Too bad that aside from a moment of kicking like a little girl she's again helpless until Kirito-Kun shows up to rescue her. Ugh. Why can't there be JUST ONE strong woman in this show?!? All in all, SAO II continues to deliver high comedy in ways other legitimate comedy shows can only wish. I was throughly entertained. Rating: *bing* DEAD

Naruto: Shippuden - They dragged out the ending to the last arc a bit more, which sucked, and during all the hospital "comedy" I just kept waiting for something to actually happen plotwise. I swear, every time we get a scene with Tsunade in her stupid office I want to throw rotten fruit at the screen. It's just the most boring bullshit exposition ever. Thankfully, some cool stuff starts happening when the Two-Tails Jinchuriki starts fighting with the Akatski. Now I'm starting to see the potential for this to be a cool arc only to have them cut back to the hospital for more boring conversation. As long as you guys continue to say this gets better, I'll keep my hopes up. An "okay" episode. Not great but not terrible. Rating: The last arc gave me PTSD

One Piece - I can't hold all these recaps. Toei really knows how to stretch a budget. No other show is more in need of a "Kai" edit than this. As far as actual new story is concerned, we got to see Lucci beating up Chibi Luffi and Franky was seriously putting in good work on the bridge. I totally like Franky now. He's gone from a jerkish bully to full on hero over the course of this arc. I'm sad to say that I was already spoiled to Kokoro being a mermaid. :/ Still, it was funny to see it happen and at least it explains why she is looks so much like a damn monster. This was a decent episode that was dragged down by way, way, WAY too many recaps. Rating: Bloody Hamburger

I'm not certain about being here next week. If I find myself bored out of my mind, I might show up, but rewatching a bunch of Kai reruns doesn't sound super appealing.

It's digital as well, along with the PS4 & Vita (digital only in the US) versions.

GameStop had the exclusive pre-order bonus of a physical version of the book, while other places (including PSN) had digital versions of the book.

Ugh. I meant digital only :x

Anyway, good to hear that Gamestop has a physical version.

Rutger

Banned
Dragon Ball Z Kai:
Funny thing for those that don't know, back in the old days of Toonami, Funimation only had like the first 50 episodes so until they could get more, they had to repeat up to this point. Since current Toonami is going to repeat this episode three more times, I just thought it was funny.

It's gotta be intentional. When the people at Toonami saw they needed something for the holiday weekend as well as where DBZ is currently at, there really isn't any other choice.

bigkrev

Might (read: probably won't) get the Vita version of Jump, but man, look at all this weeb shit that is coming to Playstation this week. SMDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom