• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only sound he ever makes is some weird moaning noise.

Poor guy, probably can't even think right I imagine his situation as someone tying you to a chair, taping your mouth shut while hitting you in the head with a Billy Club, your not gonna die yet but fuck your brain isn't going to be working or thinking too well.

And i'm gonna guess that Satsuki never really attempts to bond with Junketsu? even if shes semi-good now its not in Satsuki's character, shes basically female sesshomaru.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Poor guy, probably can't even think right I imagine his situation as someone tying you to a chair, taping your mouth shut while hitting you in the head with a Billy Club, your not gonna die yet but fuck your brain isn't going to be working or thinking too well.

And i'm gonna guess that Satsuki never really attempts to bond with Junketsu? even if shes semi-good now its not in Satsuki's character, shes basically female sesshomaru.

Well, she's got a very good reason to not trust life fiber clothes.

Well, she's got a very good reason to not trust life fiber clothes.

Very true but so does Ryūko, yet we all know shes going to re-bond with Senketsu after her shadow the hedgehog phase passes because anime and friendship and yadda yadda yadda.

Junketsu has had a real F'ed up deal, I would at least try to see things from his perspective if I was Satsuki and even if I did have a rage boner against life fiber clothes.

BBboy20

I'm just gonna post this Twitter conversation about the rape scene in SAOII because I need people to confirm that I'm not just imagining it and something this nonsensical actually happened.
You're not.

Anybody else getting J-Stars this week?
YEP!

I have the Gamestop version order since the physical book seems like a great preorder bonus.
It's a glorified manual. https://youtu.be/a0Qt1fIQEeY

I think the main issue is not that she got saved, if she was saved by a random policeman, the scene wouldbe been fine, it was the fact that she was saved by Kirito again and basically her entire character revooves around constantly being saved by kirito

She had no character developement beyond wanting Kiritos penis
She should have, at least, bit his face off. Hell, maybe he should bave brought her "favorite" pistol but ends up getting shot in the chest, realizes he'll have the last laugh at her torment but then almost immediately gets shot in the head, collapses on his knees, and then shot to the face just so his upper body doesn't collapse in front of her.

Why aren't I a director?

G3lvZL7.png

Straight cash homie
Big (Boss) Money proud.

How about we talk about how awesome Michiko and Hatchin is two episodes in?
I didn't notice the Lupin comparisons until others pointed that out...I think I was distracted half the time...

ckohler

Very true but so does Ryūko, yet we all know shes going to re-bond with Senketsu after her shadow the hedgehog phase passes because anime and friendship and yadda yadda yadda.

Junketsu has had a real F'ed up deal, I would at least try to see things from his perspective if I was Satsuki and even if I did have a rage boner against life fiber clothes.

Keep in mind, the reason Senketsu is so talkative with Ryuko (only) is because he is a hybrid kamui made partly from Ryuko's DNA as revealed in episode 17. I don't think it's very clear how intelligent Junketsu is. I suppose it's possible he's just as smart and simply can't communicate with humans but, personally, I always saw him being more of an animal compared to Senketsu in terms of intelligence.

TheChits

KLK does visual gags so well. Gamagoori hiding Satsuki's body was great. Call me slow, but I only realized what Mako was doing with her hair when she's trying to knock some sense into Ryuko; the strand of hair that's a different color and Mako is siginaling to cut it off. Why I only realized that with this episode is beyond me.

Lady Satsuki will wear junketsu properly. :p

Also, gonna guess that Nui is can only be defeated when both blades of the scissor are joined. Her eye was taken out when it was in the state. A single blade cannot damage her.

And finally:

G3lvZL7.png

Straight cash homie

Good lord I love this image. He may have a relatively brief role in the show, but he is one of the most memorable characters for sure

Regiruler

Kirito knows how to juggle grenades balls.

M2BIvYz.gif

(つˆ⌣ˆ)つ⊂(・﹏・⊂)

That was a disturbing moment. Not nearly at "asada san" level, but just creepy how she hugs a grenade

Do players not feel pain?
Keep in mind, the reason Senketsu is so talkative with Ryuko (only) is because he is a hybrid kamui made partly from Ryuko's DNA as revealed in episode 17. I don't think it's very clear how intelligent Junketsu is. I suppose it's possible he's just as smart and simply can't communicate with humans but, personally, I always saw him being more of an animal compared to Senketsu in terms of intelligence.

But why did wearing it drive Ryuko insane when this effect wasn't shown at all (or foreshadowed poorly) to affect Satsuki in this way?

LOLDSFAN

Erik from Nintendo Treehouse a Toonami fan? :D

N9PvMot.png

That was a disturbing moment. Not nearly at "asada san" level, but just creepy how she hugs a grenade

The hug was super cute, but the fact that she was going to commit grenade suicide was pretty weird.

I still don't think anything from this episode of Sword Art was as hilarious as the "Space Battleship" line, but that episode was still gold.

JYB acted that scene way better than this show deserves.

But why did wearing it drive Ryuko insane when this effect wasn't shown at all (or foreshadowed poorly) to affect Satsuki in this way?

In the beginning of I think episode 16 after she fights Ryuko Iori has to shoot anti-life fiber needles into Junketsu to prevent it from taking her over or something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Sailor Moon Mondays: Sailor Moon S: Episode 118:

I recall the first time watching this season back in the day getting bored with the S season at a certain point and taking a break from it, I am remembering why I did this, the Chibi-Usa-Hotaru relationship, while integral to the overarching plot is also really boring to watch and has sidelined everybody else. The Outer in particular have been reduced to inactive observers who utter portents about the danger of Hotaru without doing anything. That being said, this was a nice change of pace since it eschewed the usual formula and gave us something different and it was rather refreshing to watch. Still, I am quite ready for this mini-arc to be over and done with. Mild recommendation to watch.

Sailor Moon Mondays; Sailor Moon S: Episode 119:

Oh hey, speaking of the plot, it has finally returned in full force as the manga retcons continue to be added. This time around they finally graft the origins of the Death Busters onto the story but have revealed nothing beyond them being invaders, possibly from space. Also, the true intentions of The Outers is added, their mission, their tragic solitary mission is to stop the arrival of Sailor Saturn, guardian of Death and Rebirth and the one processioned to expunge the world of all life. They are trying to mix that in with their own Messiah of Silence invention and it works well enough but you can see the seams as well. Anyway, most of the episode plays out like any other in this mini-arc except that The Outers have regained their agency as the verification of Hotaru's identity is finally confirmed and The Outers waste no time in trying to kill her and The Inners are resolute in protecting her, but before the Sailor Civil War can actually begin Hotaru ups and teleports out and we are left waiting if she has fully awakened yet. High recommendation to watch and dear god good riddance to that mini-arc.

ckohler

Wearing Junketsu alone didn't cause that.

Spoilers for the first 60 seconds of the next episode:

Ragyo has brainwashed Ryuko. Using mind stitching, she showed Ryuko a false memory filled with existential bliss. Seeing that has made Ryuko snap and the life fibers in her body have taken over. She now believes that she can only find happiness by giving into the life fibers.

In the beginning of I think episode 16 after she fights Ryuko, Iori has to shoot anti-life fiber needles into Junketsu to prevent it from taking her over or something.

I think that scene was to show that no matter how powerful Lady Satsuki's will, she is still only human and using Life Fiber Override means she's at risk of dying from blood loss.

So, FUNi's EVS dub schedule:
  • One Piece 385-396 - Tomorrow
  • Fairy Tail 176-187 - August 11th
  • One Piece 397-409 - August 18th
  • Tokyo Ghoul 1-2 - August 18th

Terror in Resonance isn't in there yet, but I'm assuming that it's gonna show up on sometime in August. THAT's a dub I wanna see on Toonami.....next to the inevitable Tokyo Ghoul.

Thing is, the Blu-Ray for Ghoul & TiR release on September 22. Are there any shows that end around that time?

EDIT: Actually, Ghoul can't happen yet since the Root A dub is far from release here.

Grexeno

So, FUNi's EVS dub schedule:
  • One Piece 385-396 - Tomorrow
  • Fairy Tail 176-187 - August 11th
  • One Piece 397-409 - August 18th
  • Tokyo Ghoul 1-2 - August 18th

Terror in Resonance isn't in there yet, but I'm assuming that it's gonna show up on sometime in August. THAT's a dub I wanna see on Toonami.....next to the inevitable Tokyo Ghoul.

Thing is, the Blu-Ray for Ghoul & TiR release on September 22. Are there any shows that end around that time?

EDIT: Actually, Ghoul can't happen yet since the Root A dub is far from release here.
I am very interested in how they dub the new One Piece episodes

Grexeno

Welp, now we know what we'll have for Dec.'s movie month.

.............assuming it actually happens this year.
I'm pretty sure they've said it's not happening this year. Or in the foreseeable future.

We might get a movie or marathon for Christmas weekend and New Year's weekend but nothing else.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Looking at this list I LITTERALLY don't remember a thing about this arc. Remember everything that happens after it, though!

You seriously don't remember (spoilers duh)
Luffy punching the Celestial Dragon in the face?

bigkrev

What, how

It sets up pretty much the entire second half

This seems...............impossible.

Looking at this list I LITTERALLY don't remember a thing about this arc. Remember everything that happens after it, though!

You seriously don't remember (spoilers duh)
Luffy punching the Celestial Dragon in the face?

Nope! Here is what I remember-
Post Thriller Bark, Ace gets captured and is scheduled to be executed, and Luffy breaks into prision to try to save him, but is too late. Luffy then breaks out of prision with the help of Buggy, Crocodile, and a host of other characters including the leader of a bunch of prisoners who has a gigantic face and heads out to head to where Ace is going to be executed. Basically every character in the series ends up here, with Whitebeard declaring war on the Government to save Ace. A super long and drawn out battle occurs, the end result being that Whitebeard and Ace both die, and Luffy is seriously injured. We then get a timeskip, and I gave up halfway through the first main arc post-timeskip because I could barely read 5 pages without getting bored and wanting to do anything else.

Probably a bunch of holes in there, but i was really struggling with the manga, as even though I found it mind-boggling boring, everyone kept saying how good it was, so I just kept pressing forward until I just finally decided that I had wasted enough time trying to enjoy the series.

Grexeno

DeMarco said it's highly unlikely we'll see a month of movies again.
I also don't think we'll see any non-DBZ or potentially AoT movies anytime soon, if we see any movies at all. You have to pay for a movie, you don't have to pay to show a marathon of a show you already have the rights to.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'm pretty sure they've said it's not happening this year. Or in the foreseeable future.

We might get a movie or marathon for Christmas weekend and New Year's weekend but nothing else.
DeMarco said it's highly unlikely we'll see a month of movies again.
Hence the "assuming it actually happens this year" comment. I wouldn't be surprised if they just did a different marathon each week. I.e. one week it's Akame Ga Kill, the next is Michiko & Hatchin, etc.

Nope! Here is what I remember-
Post Thriller Bark, Ace gets captured and is scheduled to be executed, and Luffy breaks into prision to try to save him, but is too late. Luffy then breaks out of prision with the help of Buggy, Crocodile, and a host of other characters including the leader of a bunch of prisoners who has a gigantic face and heads out to head to where Ace is going to be executed. Basically every character in the series ends up here, with Whitebeard declaring war on the Government to save Ace. A super long and drawn out battle occurs, the end result being that Whitebeard and Ace both die, and Luffy is seriously injured. We then get a timeskip, and I gave up halfway through the first main arc post-timeskip because I could barely read 5 pages without getting bored and wanting to do anything else.

Probably a bunch of holes in there, but i was really struggling with the manga, as even though I found it mind-boggling boring, everyone kept saying how good it was, so I just kept pressing forward until I just finally decided that I had wasted enough time trying to enjoy the series.

lol you skipped the entire arc in question. All of it. It's in between
Thriller Bark and Impel Down.

how do you pronounce Trafalgar

specifically which syllable is emphasized

Everyone just calls him Law. He's probably named after the Battle of Trafalgar so like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom