• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
No no no no no. Bleach is a major rip off of Yu Yu Hakusho. Seriously it's exact.
A delinquent kid meets with a grim reaper who shows/gives him powers. They kill demons for a meet.
They run afoul of demons/reapers with red hair and black hair. Red hair ends up being a friendly ally while black hair is aloof as hell
An overpowered demon/reaper appears and the delinquent has to beat him
Then he runs afoul of a bunch of humans with similar demon/reaper powers.

There's others, but those are the major ones.

It also rips off Aizen's magic jewel from Inuyasha. It's totally a rip off of Yu Yu Hakusho, but it also steals plenty from Inuyasha.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
?

"Man behind the man" is a trope as old as time. Inuyasha didn't invent shit

Considering how generic Inuyasha is, I can't imagine the rip-offs were even that memorable.
Inuyasha just managed to hit the right notes with mango and animu fans

Oh and yeah, "Man behind the man" is ooooold.

All of them. Bleach especially.
This was mostly a Bleach reference. And maybe another anime I'll leave unstated. But mostly Bleach.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
No no no no no. Bleach is a major rip off of Yu Yu Hakusho. Seriously it's exact.
A delinquent kid meets with a grim reaper who shows/gives him powers. They kill demons for a while.
They run afoul of demons/reapers with red hair and black hair. Red hair ends up being a friendly ally while black hair is aloof as hell
An overpowered demon/reaper appears and the delinquent has to beat him
Then he runs afoul of a bunch of humans with similar demon/reaper powers.

There's others, but those are the major ones.

Yeah I always knew this, its crazy how much one arc is like 1:1 with a yu yu hakusho arc. altho it technically was a filler.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So I missed Naraku being defeated for......this.....

Damn it, I miss the Saturdays where I could stay awake the entire time & not pass/zone out.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm not even paying attention at this point. I know this is all an obvious dream world.

It also rips off Aizen's magic jewel from Inuyasha. It's totally a rip off of Yu Yu Hakusho, but it also steals plenty from Inuyasha.

That is true.
I'll give Inuyasha one thing, it manages to stay focused on the same set of characters. It doesn't jump around and change things up all the time.
Bleach should just be Ichigo, Rukia, Orhime, Chad, and Uryu (with Renji joining up). Instead they're not often together and it's a complete mess.

Except worse in every regard. This "the good guys are trapped in an idealized but fake version of their past lives" is an old as fuck trope too.

Honestly this scene here would be fine in the context of a well paced InuYasha series... this fucking rushed hack job final act killed all emotional investment you could have for this

RagnarokX

Except worse in every regard. This "the good guys are trapped in an idealized but fake version of their past lives" is an old as fuck trope too.

Batman did it best:
0yOOeYX.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom