• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Also, my gf did some sketches for a comic we might start working on.

16YoyqC.jpg

What do you guys think so far?

daveo42

Banned
We could do Q&A but most of my answers will consist of my middle finger and some choice swear words.

That won't stop the inane questions from coming. I'd say the best option would be getting questions in advance and having a moderator, though that would probably mean Q&A would be insanely short.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That won't stop the inane questions from coming. I'd say the best option would be getting questions in advance and having a moderator, though that would probably mean Q&A would be insanely short.

That's why my answers will be my middle finger and some choice swear words, because I know they'll ask dumb questions that don't require any other response.

ckohler

Can someone clue me in on what went down at dashcon that caused them to add those insane rules?

Here's a video I found. It doesn't explain most of those rules but it does show what happened. Prepare to cringe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KM2vpz179g

I've seen conventions where the audience is asked to fill out question cards just before or during the panel. Then, the panelists pick the questions they would most like to answer from the cards.

That would have worked really well for the Toonami panel as they could have just ignored all of the show request cards and said, "We'll make a note of your requests" and just answered logical questions.

Jarate

Banned
RJ looks like one of Shanks' crew members from One Piece....what's his name....Lucky Roo.

250px-Lucky_Roo_Anime_Infobox.png

yes, he's supposed to look like that but with no goggles lol I dont know if it is apparent, but Gary is a micture of Popeye's body shape, with the facial features of the villain from Popeye.

Dominican Power is actually reading the One Piece manga after months and months of saying he would?

I am legit shook.

Also, my gf did some sketches for a comic we might start working on.

What do you guys think so far?

I like it a lot. I'm getting a Porco Rosso and Hey Arnold style mesh vibe.

Jarate

Banned
Dominican Power is actually reading the One Piece manga after months and months of saying he would?

I am legit shook.

I like it a lot. I'm getting a Porco Rosso and Hey Arnold style mesh vibe.

she got really mad at me when I said I posted it here cause that sketch "was not meant to be seen by anyone"

I like it so far too, but the really thick lines and the eyes will apparently get worked on (she said before I even mentioned that someone critiqued the eyes that she needed to fix them lol)

Someone explain the Adventures of Buggy's Pirate Fleet? Is it just covers?

One Piece manga has various canon cover side stories that may or may not come back into play later in the series. The Buggy adventures is the first of these cover side stories, the anime adapted the first two but then stopped because ratings for episodes not focused on the Strawhats always do much worse.

Jarate

Banned

yeah, Oda will make covers for other pirates and groups that aren't the main ones and have them usually going on some type of whimsical quest generally after being curb stomped by Luffy

they I think are generally just there to put some of the characters that had to be left behind just in some funny situations.

Raxus

Cover stories are little side stories about secondary and tertiary characters that often intersect back into the main story. They aren't necessary for the main story but they do fill in the blanks for those that care. If memory serves (without going into spoilers) there is one for Hatchan from Arlong Park and Buggy and his crew.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Cover stories are little side stories about secondary and tertiary characters that often intersect back into the main story. They aren't necessary for the main story but they do fill in the blanks for those that care. If memory serves (without going into spoilers) there is one for Hatchan from Arlong Park and Buggy and his crew.

Covering the characters that predate where Toonami is:
Little Buggy's adventure
Coby & Helmeppo's training
Jango's adventure (reveals why he's a Marine at the end of Alabasta)
Hatchan's adventure
Wapol venturing into capitalism
Ace continuing his search for Blackbeard
Gedatsu (Skypiea priest) also venturing into capitalism
Miss Goldenweek (and the rest of Baroque Works) adventure
A "Where Are They Now" segment for Skypiea characters
Eneru's adventures on THE MOON

The rest are spoilers.

One Piece manga has various canon cover side stories that may or may not come back into play later in the series. The Buggy adventures is the first of these cover side stories, the anime adapted the first two but then stopped because ratings for episodes not focused on the Strawhats always do much worse.

It kind of boggles my mind that Toei never decided to at least throw a short segment animating the cover stuff at the end of the episodes; it's pretty much ready-made padding that wouldn't fuck with the pacing for the meat of the episode. But hey, why do that when you can do a bunch of flashbacks and extend the length of scenes, right?

daveo42

Banned
Are we all going to Momocon next year because im going to go up and suggest Spongebob for Toonami

If I have the time to take off and the money to fly down, I'd be down. Might be nice to see one of my friends who lives down there anyway and I've never actually been outside of the Atlanta airport before.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
So did he get the number wrong? Wasn't it Tom 4.0 that looked like TOMas The Tank Engine?

.....please don't tell me he was serious about the newest TOM right now which is 5.0 & actually hates it.

Edit: MICHAEL BAY'S EVANGELION, presented by Animation Domination.

BBboy20

I was asleep today. Aside from Turok 2 what was announced?
Bish is trying to get his comic book out the door. Edit: just a fan made work by another ex Tirol 2008 dev in celebration propaganda's 10th anniversary if they were still around.

Also, that Dashcon =

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom