• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
New ReBoot for Toonami!

It would make sense. The original ReBoot was part of vintage Toonami.

daveo42

Banned
Ugh...live action Reboot? It's already bad and we haven't even seen the first episode.

When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber mission to save the world!

9T1kgIr.gif

new reboot is live action? :S

Technically a mix of live action and cgi

"Reboot: The Guardian Code, a hybrid live-action/CG-animated series. Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids."

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I was (mostly) joking.
New ReBoot sounds Toku as fuck.
It really sounds like ReBoot "in name only". It's a shame really, I would love to see what the original would be like with good CGI.

ckohler

Do you think the people making this new Reboot have any idea what made the original show good? Like in any way? Or are their intentions to simply make another dumb, cookie-cutter show that piggy-backs off the Reboot name?

I kinda want to give them them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are good intentioned but completely oblvious as to what made the original show popular. Having it be partially live-action and having the characters dealing with school is likely to alienate anyone who might have been lured in by the Reboot name.

bigkrev

"Girls Bravo: Second Season"

.............yet Season One is okay? Wut?

Also NOT INFERNO COP!!!!

Same for SAO. How is the 2nd season on there, but not the first?

Remember: Suguha wanting to fuck Kiritio is actually perfectly fine, because they are actually cousins, not brother and sister.

Wow I might as well stay up until 2:30 for Naruto Shippuden, actually at this rate, I might as well just stay up until Haikyuu s2 at 5am when it starts back assuming SAO II is still airing then.

Bad move. why so late. I dont want to watch the poor mans Jormungand at 1am :(.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I assume that Akame Ga Kill will simply take the 12:30 spot from KLK once it ends
Would be pretty weird to give it the #2 spot when the schedule still had SAO, Naruto and a show from the "creators of Samurai Champloo". Especially since the adult swim higher ups seem to based the time slots on how much the show cost them.

That episode of SAO II had me dying. This show has gone from boring to bad in the best way possible. I'll catch up on KLK later.

I actually look more forward to SAO II than KLK.
I'm a little sorry

Would be pretty weird to give it the #2 spot when the schedule still had SAO, Naruto and a show from the "creators of Samurai Champloo". Especially since the adult swim higher ups seem to based the time slots on how much the show cost them.

They shuffled SAO down in favor of M&H and Naruto is already back half of the block probably to stay. Once KLK ends the option is shuffle up M&H or put AgK at 12:30 the latter of which was highly requested, a dub premier, and the first sentai show on the block.

Grexeno

Well, I think Toonami's view on spoilers is "we don't care and neither should you. Here's stuff from 52 episodes later in DBZ."

So, Toonami: Pre-Flight will broadcast live from SDCC (2-hour ep) and fans will decide what Jason and Gill will cosplay as.

Ryuko and Mako has to be the choice.

Seda

Jason and Gill are going to do a live Pre Flight at San Diego Comic Con, taking fan suggestions for what they are going to cosplay.

daveo42

Banned
Hitting that quad. Can't fault viewers for not tuning in for an episode of Filler Luffy.

Edit: Sinon and Lady-to is better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom