• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBboy20

considering the show treats mass murder as a ok thing for "reasons", it is agreeable.

Do you think the people making this new Reboot have any idea what made the original show good? Like in any way? Or are their intentions to simply make another dumb, cookie-cutter show that piggy-backs off the Reboot name?

I kinda want to give them them the benefit of the doubt and assume they are good intentioned but completely oblvious as to what made the original show popular. Having it be partially live-action and having the characters dealing with school is likely to alienate anyone who might have been lured in by the Reboot name.
Isn't it made by those who made Reboot but got sidelined when making the Rachet & Clank movie?

Then again, DICE claims they don't know what made Bad Company work so who knows.

Jarate

Banned
Skeletons aren't banned in China but telling tales of death apparently are Taboo (but not forbidden by law)

Which begs the question again, why ban Inferno Cop?

Skeletons aren't banned but a lot of Chinese believe that it's a desecration of a dead person, and they put a lot of faith into their dead.

Believing in spirits was basically their religion until Buddhism showed up, most of their other "religions" are more philosophical in nature (the Dao de jing of Taoism and the teachings of Confucius) and ancestor worship was basically the main religion for thousands of years in China.

Imagine if you will if America lived in a communist dictatorship, and that Inferno cop, instead of being a burning skeleton, was a burning cross. Im pretrty sure that our communist overlords would probably ban it.

Jarate

Banned
Huh. Learn something new everyday.

Maybe because of the religious parts?

Yeah, like I said, Ancestor worship was literally the only religion China had for practically thousands of years. It would be like going to India and making a game with a burning cow, it's a sacred symbol for the country, and skeletons like that are seen as desecration of the dead.

This is how the Spooky Skeleton memes kind of came about, on 4chan's /v/, people found out that the undead race in WoW were changed to human things in China, and people were very confused and so they made the joke that they were "2 spooky"

hence the meme of Skeletons arising on the internet

Is it sad that I pretty much have a huge understanding of most memes ;-;

Caught up on KLK. Even with having been spoiled to a lot of details on the show, that ending still kind of caught me off guard. Also nice to see that Satsuki has a little depth to her character.

Also I bought Splatoon and its really fun.

Grexeno

Team Rocket
Ginyu Force
Tenchi GXP harem
hkjJyZP.png

Raxus

Free pizza us the best pizza.

I should order some for E3.

Speaking of which will OT and OTC be open all E3? I hope so.

Seda

OT hasnt been closed for several years now.

2 years ago the site mostly stayed up except during the conferences themselves.

Last year was the best so far but still very slow and intermittent on Monday mostly.

Trust in Gromph I guess ┐(ツ)┌

I'm still of the opinion that TLG isn't happening and Sony hasn't released this info to the public.

I think it will happen but that people are going to be disappointed that this game that has been being worked on for a decade now won't look the same as it did in 2006

There are other "mythical" games like Beyond Good and Evil 2, Agent and maybe even Half-Life 3 that I actually think will never come out.

Grexeno

I believe the reason The Last Guardian has been away for so long is because the developers just can't figure out how to actually make a functional game that delivers on it's original promise. I think it's just too tall of an order graphically, narratively, and AI-wise.

daveo42

Banned
I think it will happen but that people are going to be disappointed that this game that has been being worked on for a decade now won't look the same as it did in 2006

There are other "mythical" games like Beyond Good and Evil 2, Agent and maybe even Half-Life 3 that I actually think will never come out.

It'll probably go though massive changes like FFXV has over the past year or Duke Nukem Forever where the whole game ends up feeling insanely outdated if it doesn't get an official kibosh first.

As for those games, I'd say there's at least a tiny chance at a new Half-Life game if Valve ever figures out that there exists numbers beyond two and (really) they find the time and motivation to put together a solid follow-up. The other two will probably never exist.

It'll probably go though massive changes like FFXV has over the past year or Duke Nukem Forever where the whole game ends up feeling insanely outdated if it doesn't get an official kibosh first.

Yeah XV and DNF are the two games that have actually come out of development hell of nearly a decade length (more for DNF) and they are completely different from what they originally were. Hopefully XV is better then DNF

edit: oh TLG started production in 07. Oh well it will still be a decade by the time it comes out

It's amazing to think how much games have changed since 2007, with the rise of the indie scene, story focused games like The Walking Dead, games like Brothers and Papa and Yo...it will be interesting to see what TLG has actually become

Jarate

Banned
Games Most Likely to Crash the Site;

1. FF7 Remake
Xbox One Exclusive
2. The Last Guardian
Virtual Boy Exclusive
3. Megaman Legends 3
PC Exclusive
4. Console Pokemon
Only on Ouya
5. Mario on Smart Phones
6. Shonen Jump X Capcom X SNK X Namco Bandai
7. DBZ or Jojo game made by Platinum
8. Fallout 4 is a Ouya Exclusive
9. Half Life 3
Only for PS4
10. FF16 for smart phones

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Games Most Likely to Crash the Site;

1. FF7 Remake
Xbox One Exclusive
2. The Last Guardian
Virtual Boy Exclusive
3. Megaman Legends 3
PC Exclusive
4. Console Pokemon
Only on Ouya
5. Mario on Smart Phones
6. Shonen Jump X Capcom X SNK X Namco Bandai
7. DBZ or Jojo game made by Platinum
8. Fallout 4 is a Ouya Exclusive
9. Half Life 3
Only for PS4
10. FF16 for smart phones

Retro announcing Metroid Prime 4, which is a possibility, would kill NeoGAF for weeks.

I don't think MML3 on PC would be bad. Does Capcom make bad PC games? That seems like it'd be fucking awesome. MML3 fans had no loyalty to the 3DS. They just want the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom