• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarate

Banned
Today has been a super hectic day so far

Cat decided to hunt a baby rabbit, we found the rabbit still alive but unable to move its back legs

I'm going to the vets hopefully tomorrow, but does anyone have experiences with bunnies?

daveo42

Banned
At least we have some sort of preview for Super now. The small clip looks good, but I'm still worried about how little is actually out there for the show so close to release.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The timing of tonight's One Piece is absolutely perfect

Manga spoilers:
Tonight introduces Third Gear (or Gear Third). The manga just recently introduced Fourth Gear (or Gear Fourth).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, the Ginyu Force arrives while a very pissed off Vegeta catches up to Gohan and Krillin, Lady Satsuki and the Elite Four lead the rebellion against Ragyo and Nui as a very confused Ryuko is caught in the middle of it all, Kirito tries to figure out how Death Gun's Death Gun Death Guns people, Kagome has only one chance to make the one true wish upon the Shikon Jewel as Inuyasha finally comes to its conclusion at long last, the two Nine-Tails jinchuriki struggle to restrain the beast within, Luffy kicks things into an even higher gear as he lays it all on the line against Rob Lucci, and Pixis enlists Eren to move a big rock.

8:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 27 - A Touch-and-Go Situation! Gohan, Protect the Four-Star Ball!
12:00 - Dragonball Z Kai - 28 - The Countdown to Battle Begins! Enter, The Ginyu Force!
12:30 - KILL la KILL - 18 - Into the Night
1:00 - Sword Art Online II - 11 - What It Means to Be Strong
1:30 - Inuyasha: The Final Act - 26 - Toward Tomorrow - END
2:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 70 - Resonance
2:30 - One Piece - 304 - I Can't Protect Anyone Unless I Win! Third Gear Activated!
3:00 - Attack on Titan - 11 - Idol: The Struggle for Trost, Part 7

Holy Crap! Blue Bird on demand!

Yessir.

QuSNcVJ.gif

At this point, I dunno why they won't air it.

we're almost done with this Naruto arc guys

somehow i feel like it's been worse than the previous ones. they had slower pacing, but the general story beats were better.

(cue the low bar image)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Before we get into Toonami tonight, I pose a question.
How would you fix Sword Art Online so that it isn't complete weeb-pandering trash?
Here's how I'd go about it.

Kirito:
DO NOT MAKE HIM PERFECT! That should be the easiest.
Kawahara has always described Kirito as "anti-social", but you could never see that in the series. I would capitalize on that. Make him slightly autistic (put your pitchforks down) as someone that's just really good at games and has trouble interacting with the people in them unless it's about the game.
Kirito's adventure would be learning how to interact with people while also trying to beat the game.

Asuna:
You know how she was awesome in Episode 2 but stopped after that? That won't happen here, she'll remain awesome through the whole series.
The whole "tsundere" thing will be gone because that's fucking stupid.
She'll slowly fall for Kirito but nothing major will happen. No "don't look at me despite the fact I stripped in front of you" scene, no Chapter 16.5, but when they beat the game, they'll agree to meet in the real world. She falls for him out of mutual respect as someone very skilled with the game, and he eventually warms up to interacting with her.

Agil:
More scenes with him, because he's cool. ... Not really much to say here.

Silica:
She will not be a 13 year old loli.
Rather, she will be a boy. Inexperienced with MMOs and trapped with everyone else. He will see Kirito and realize "holy crap he's so good", and follow him around. This will be Kirito learning to deal with newbies and seeing Boy Silica as a student of sorts.

Time in the game:
2 years was fucking stupid.
At most, I will have the time spent in the game go for "four months". I will frequently have cuts to the real world as computer scientists try to hack into the game and save everyone. Of course, Kayaba set up a security system so advanced it takes them that long to even crack it.

Kayaba himself:
"I forgot why I did what I did" Ha ha ha fuck you
He's doing it "for the lulz". He's actually a secret billionaire genius that got sick of human life and wanted to see what happened when he trapped a bunch of them in a giant hamster cage, but that was deemed to silly so he trapped them in an MMORPG.

NERV Gear:
Laws will be passed. Soooooo many laws. Restricting use, emergency log outs and resets, completely overhauling everything. People on the internet will hate it but it's for their own good.

Suguha:
No. ... Just no.

There's definitely more but that's just what I've thought of. I'd probably remove Yui too, no reason for her to exist. Get rid of all the stupid "beater" shit.

Rutger

Banned
The easiest fix to SAO is to just watch Log Horizon instead.

SAO would have to be something completely different to fix it. You couldn't really keep anything other than names and a few basic plot ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom