• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seda

Uh okay I know sometimes there's leniency with gaming talk but this splatoon chatter is probably best suited elsewhere :p

Raxus

Uh okay I know sometimes there's leniency with gaming talk but this splatoon chatter is probably best suited elsewhere :p

If it gets to where you guys are just holding a conversation then the official Splatoon thread is still bustling. I love that a new Nintendo IP is taking off so well but I am with Seda, it derails the thread. Nice in small amounts though.

Speaking of nice in a small amount, Fallout 4. Now in color!

Seda check the PM's!

Yes, please keep the Splatoon chatter to twitter or that thread.

Moving on, I haven't watched Shippuden in months...are we still in filler or can I pay attention again?

daveo42

Banned
I'm mostly fine with it since it's nice to see people excited about a game that I'm not playing, especially if it's a game I'm interesting in but don't have the time to really play.

Speaking of nice in a small amount, Fallout 4. Now in color!

tumblr_inline_n9375bF28o1r69r1v.gif

Seda

It's a community thread. An off-topic community thread, no less.

not sure if I am interpreting this incorrectly but community threads dedicated to something other than a game or franchise (so basically anything in off-topic community) aren't meant to be substitute chatrooms for whatever that community wants to talk about. They should stay on topic just like any other thread on the forum.

Yes, some commentary on games is fine, but liveplay chitchat does not belong here.

Yes sometimes other communities might get away with a more significant amount of off-topic chatter if mods aren't actively checking them, but that doesn't excuse it. Football GAF had to be closed temporarily because of this. SuperBestFriends (which is a gaming podcast even) was warned of a thread closure.

ckohler

Hello ToonamiGAF. I'm excited for Michiko and Hatchin because despite liking it, I never ended up finishing it. I had pretty much completely forgotten about it until it was announced to come to Toonami. I used to watch Toonami on Saturdays from the time it was an April Fools joke to when it started up for real but kept passing out at Thundercats (whenever that was airing, sometime last year or the year before?) so I eventually stopped, although when Space Dandy was airing I did watch it and post here sometimes. I see the schedule has downsized and Bleach/OG Naruto is gone, which will probably help.

I always liked the idea of Toonami coming back but I had seen pretty much every show/read the manga of nearly everything on the block, I guess that hasn't changed much, but I think the community is pretty cool here. Here's just my experience with the shows on the block/coming onto the block:

Dragon Ball Kai - Read all of Dragon Ball, watched Dragon Ball/DBZ/GT
Kill la Kill - Watched it all
SAO II - Watched all but the last four or so episodes so I guess I can finish that now
InuYasha Final Act - Never watched
Shippuuden - Read the manga all the way
One Piece - Up to current on the manga
Attack on Titan - Watched the whole show, up to current on the manga
Akame ga Kill - Watched most of the show until filler, up to current on the manga

So I'm a big nerd. I also love shonen trash so woohoo. Oh, and what episodes are you guys on? I hope I didn't miss the end of Enies Lobby.

Welcome back! If you haven't seen Kai, then it's a little different. Mostly condensed for the better from what I hear. Be warned that SAO and SAO II are pretty much despised here. It's mostly a hate-watch. InuYasha is only a couple of episodes until the end. Shippuden is in filler hell at the moment and One Piece is a filler episode this weekend.

Attack on Titan is in reruns at the end of the block so most of us drop out at that point. I've not seen Akame ga Kill or Michiko and Hatchin myself so I'm excited for both.

TheChits

not sure if I am interpreting this incorrectly but community threads dedicated to something other than a game or franchise (so basically anything in off-topic community) aren't meant to be substitute chatrooms for whatever that community wants to talk about. They should stay on topic just like any other thread on the forum.

Yes, some commentary on games is fine, but liveplay chitchat does not belong here.

Yes sometimes other communities might get away with a more significant amount of off-topic chatter if mods aren't actively checking them, but that doesn't excuse it. Football GAF had to be closed temporarily because of this. SuperBestFriends (which is a gaming podcast even) was warned of a thread closure.

Ah, alright. Thanks for the explanation.

Welcome back! If you haven't seen Kai, then it's a little different. Mostly condensed for the better from what I hear. Be warned that SAO and SAO II are pretty much despised here. It's mostly a hate-watch. InuYasha is only a couple of episodes until the end. Shippuden is in filler hell at the moment and One Piece is a filler episode this weekend.

Attack on Titan is in reruns at the end of the block so most of us drop out at that point. I've not seen Akame ga Kill or Michiko and Hatchin myself so I'm excited for both.

Well SAO is pretty bad so that makes sense

Seda

Ah, alright. Thanks for the explanation.

I know people would rather chat with people they are acquainted with rather than a general forum populace, but that's what twitter/irc/line(?) are for.

The overall neogaf idea is to keep topics mostly structured so that anybody can enter any thread with the content of the thread basically being what the topic of the thread advertises.

We could always do a splatoonami gaf irc or chat room for any nights we all want to hang out and play the game without cluttering up this thread or the official thread

I like Fallout 3 more than New Vegas because the capitol wasteland is more fun to explore in my opinion. Both games are great though; two of my favorites from the last generation.

bigkrev

I played like 10 hours of Fallout 3 and generally enjoyed it, but found the violence a bit too much for my tastes and put it down. I would have bought New Vegas if it was actually playable on PS3, but it's a Bethesda game, so that is clearly wishful thinking :(

I like Fallout 3 more than New Vegas because the capitol wasteland is more fun to explore in my opinion. Both games are great though; two of my favorites from the last generation.

Always surprised when people say that and give the edge to Fallout 3 tbh. New Vegas does nearly everything better, even if you like the map layout/exploration in 3 more.

Tenumi

Banned

Same here. Yes, overall New Vegas does the character better. But there's something fun about being given a wasteland and essentially being told you can go where-ever, rather than being railroaded into the same path every play-through.

All that Dragonball series talk reminds me I should get back to watching Dragonball. I'm somewhere early-ish into the Red Ribbon arc.

Always surprised when people say that and give the edge to Fallout 3 tbh. New Vegas does nearly everything better, even if you like the map layout/exploration in 3 more.

Fallout 3 was my first in the series so there might be some bias there on my part but I'm a huge American history buff so being able to explore the ruins of D.C. was like nirvana to me. I'm not big on DLC but this was the first game that convinced me to actually shell out cash for post game content because the stand alone stories for Operation Anchorage, Mothership Zeta, Broken Steel, etc were so compelling. I can't think of a single memorable character from New Vegas but Three Dog's radio broadcasts still seem fresh in my mind 6 years after I completed the game...

Like I said before, both are good games and you really can't go wrong here, but I give the edge to 3.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
More like....Falls Outside....My Radar.....or something, I don't know.....

Also jeez, I'm SERIOUSLY behind on S2 of Fate/Stay Night. I still haven't even started watching it, despite watching the previous season. For some reason, it's hard to motivate myself to watch it, even though I don't dislike the series or anything. Maybe it's the fact I have to read the subs for the plot instead of hearing it, which doesn't work for a plot-heavy series like F/SN compared to, say, Assassination Classroom or Jojo which are much easier to follow.

More like....Falls Outside....My Radar.....or something, I don't know.....

Also jeez, I'm SERIOUSLY behind on S2 of Fate/Stay Night. I still haven't even started watching it, despite watching the previous season. For some reason, it's hard to motivate myself to watch it, even though I don't dislike the series or anything. Maybe it's the fact I have to read the subs for the plot instead of hearing it, which doesn't work for a plot-heavy series like F/SN compared to, say, Assassination Classroom or Jojo which are much easier to follow.

Eh, I read the entire visual novel and it works really well as a VN, especially reading Shirou's inner monologues which drive a lot of his character motivations. I'd definitely be interested in a dub of it if its even nearly as good as Fate/Zero

Fate/Zero for Toonami after Sword Art please.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Damn if only there was some loophole that I could use to get around Seda's perfectly reasonable prohibition on Splatoon chatter in this thread, that would be Inkredible.

ckohler

From animenewsnetwork.com...

Dragon Ball Super TV Anime Debuts on July 5 in Japan

This year's 28th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is revealing on Monday that the Dragon Ball Super television anime will premiere in Japan on July 5. The broadcast of the Dragon Ball Kai series will end before then.

Dragon Ball Super will premiere on Fuji TV and other channels on Sundays at 9:00 a.m. This will be the first new Dragon Ball television series since Dragon Ball GT, which aired from 1996 to 1997. The story of the anime is set a few years after the defeat of Majin Buu, when the Earth has become peaceful once again.

Toriyama is credited as the original creator, as well as for "original story & character concepts." Toei Animation's Kimitoshi Chioka (Hakaba Kitarō, Kamisama Kazoku) is the series director, and Naoko Sagawa (Yomiko Advertising, Inc.) and Atsushi Kido (Toei Animation) join Osamu Nozaki as producers. Kido entered Toei just as the company was animating the Dragon Ball Z anime's Frieza arc. Masako Nozawa, the voice of Goku, Gohan, and Goten, is returning for the series.

Kazuya Yoshii will perform the opening theme "Chōzetsu☆Dynamic" (Excellent Dynamic) and rock band Good Morning America will perform the ending theme "Hello Hello Hello."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom