• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
The servlet substantiates the other schedule leaks

June 20th

0WDCdn2.png

Y'know I love shonen anime episode names just because of how dumb they are. It could be an episode about catching fish or something and the name would be

FIGHT! MASSIVE STRUGGLE AGAINST THE UNSTOPPABLE FISH?

YES GUYS BUT THE POINT IS THAT BEFORE IT WAS JUST SCANTILY CLAD TEENAGERS AND NOW IT COULD BE SEXUAL ABUSE.

Could be? Didn't the episode with the bath scene already air lol

Ooh, next episode of Kill la Kill I actually thought was pretty good.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I've got tomorrow off so I'm drinking a beer while watching Dandy on Hulu and I just noticed, the ending song is literally a HUGE SPOILER. My mind is blown.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
I've got tomorrow off so I'm drinking a beer while watching Dandy on Hulu and I just noticed, the ending song is literally a HUGE SPOILER. My mind is blown.
The ending does a very good job of explaining the premise of the show, especially after the what the fuck ending of the 1st episode.

Crocodile

Some people on my twitter feed are discovering Attack on Titan for the first time LOL. In the spirit of not being a jerk, I'm probably going to just stay out of the conversation and either let them fall in love or hate it on their own.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Some people on my twitter feed are discovering Attack on Titan for the first time LOL. In the spirit of not being a jerk, I'm probably going to just stay out of the conversation and either let them fall in love or hate it on their own.

I recently got into an argument over whether Misaka is a feminist character or not. People have a lot of blind spots when it comes to Titan and will overlook a lot of really dumb shit.

Jintor

i still haven't watched AoT past trost or tross or whatever but mikasa's goddamn design is so on point it makes up for everyone all wearing the same admittedly kinda cool looking uniform

Crocodile

I recently got into an argument over whether Misaka is a feminist character or not. People have a lot of blind spots when it comes to Titan and will overlook a lot of really dumb shit.

While "people turning into a Titan" is an interesting idea with interesting applications (how well that has been realized is up to debate) the story would have been better off if Eren stayed dead. He is literally a ball & chain on Mikasa's (and others) character.

The One Piece thread is pretty ridiculous

i still haven't watched AoT past trost or tross or whatever but mikasa's goddamn design is so on point it makes up for everyone all wearing the same admittedly kinda cool looking uniform

Her design is good but her entire character p. much revolves around boring-ass Eren

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
While "people turning into a Titan" is an interesting idea with interesting applications (how well that has been realized is up to debate) the story would have been better off if Eren stayed dead. He is literally a ball & chain on Mikasa's (and others) character.

This was my argument, the other guy was trying to say this wasn't the case with her. The whole while making arguments backing me up without realizing it.

I discovered Attack on Titan for the first time when it started airing again on Toonami. After around 5-6 episodes on Toonami I watched the rest subbed on Netflix. Haven't seen the rest dubbed but so far I like it subbed more.

Line_HTX

Dandy US ending was better. I guess I liked how the tune was kind of jazzy and appropriate to the feel of the show.
US opening is still superior >:p ... I like Namida too.

I discovered Attack on Titan for the first time when it started airing again on Toonami. After around 5-6 episodes on Toonami I watched the rest subbed on Netflix. Haven't seen the rest dubbed but so far I like it subbed more.

After the Toonami premiere, I too saw the rest on Netflix during the week. I spent one day on "The Stuggle for Trost," - God, what a cheesy name - and maybe it's just me, but marathoning it didn't feel like it dragged as much as it did when it aired on Toonami. I was too into it to care and just wanted to keep going until the end. I will admit it was kind of stupid that an arc like that lasted 9 episodes.

I actually wanted to watch it a 2nd time on Toonami because A) I was curious about the dub script, and B) I didn't feel that much tension and anxiety from viewing anymore and my goal this time around was to just kick back, relax, and catch some dumb stuff that I missed on the first viewing.

Also, Gamagoori the drill seargeant Keith. Still love that major malfunction line, haha

Moaradin

US ending was literally just a track and random footage from the show. I'll take the real ending any day. Luckily they never cut the special endings in season 2.

ckohler

The Space Dandy ED also basically loops itself. It ends basically where it began, so you can do this to it.

The song's lyrics are in the form of questions posed to physicist Hugh Everett who first proposed the many-worlds interpretation of quantum physics.

Lyrics said:
“Hey, Everett,
What am I like in your world?
Let me take a peek.

Hey, Everett,
According to you, there are lots of different worlds
I’m not sure I understand

"Hi Dandy”
“Hello”
“How are you doing?”

Hey, Ph.D.
The alternate worlds will always be parallel
It’s enough to blow my mind

Oh, once it cools, it hardens
When Heated, it melts,
This world is so full of rules,
it’s gonna fall apart

One dimension, two dimensions, three dimensions,
A supernova falling west to east
Easy Game, Easy Game, Too Easy Game,
Going is fine, but what about coming home?

Oh, the dream of a never-ending dream
A melty, milky kiss,
How far will this world expand?“

So I just saw this list of U.S. anime/manga releases on ANN and realized that Sentai is the one that licensed Haikyuu!!, and with Akame ga Kill happening, the -obvious- next step is for Haikyuu!! on Toonami! Make it happen, Powers That Be! Dun care if it has an English dub or not! Do it!

Shhh, don't remind me of the incredible track record sports shounen have here. Let me revel in my daydream!

But seriously, Haikyuu!! is my fave sports shounen (It's so. damn. good. Can't wait for the second series.), I'd put it on the block if I could.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
So I just saw this list of U.S. anime/manga releases on ANN and saw that Sentai is the one that licensed Haikyuu!!, and with Akame ga Kill happening, the next step is for Haikyuu!! on Toonami! Make it happen, Powers That Be! Dun care if it has dub or not! Do it!

Shhh, don't remind of the incredible track record sports shounen have here. Let me revel in my daydream!

But, seriously, Haikyuu!! is my fave sports shounen (It's so. damn. good. Can't wait for the second series.), I'd put it on the block if I had reign.

If we're gonna have a sports series, it needs to be Ippo.

Puruzi

Banned
Ippo on toonami would be legit.
Haikyuu is great too, but I dunno if it'd be as good a fit for toonami than Ippo.

Squalor

Parasyte was really well done.

Given Toonami's current trends, however, it certainly doesn't fit the mold. It's too bad.

It would be a step back in the right direction.

Moaradin

I'm going to wait and see if Sentai is capable of producing a decent dub with Akame before asking for any more of their shows.

Grexeno

You're right. A show that actually has character development and a plot that develops organically from the characters has no place on current Toonami.
Hmm, I remember the main character having the exact same struggles over and over and over again, and the female characters all being so incredibly dumb as to break the show.

Squalor

Hmm, I remember the main character having the exact same struggles over and over and over again, and the female characters all being so incredibly dumb as to break the show.
It was a twenty-four-episode anime that took place over a few months. How many different "struggles" do you need the main character to have? It was an anime that actually had a pretty good pace, which is rare.

Yes, he dealt with what was basically the same struggle about balancing his humanity and the influence of the parasyte, but there was plenty of nuance within that overall plot point, all of which came out of character.

Even Migi had a good character arch.

Satomi wasn't a great character, but she was made to be an ideal. They could have done more with her.

Your classification of Reiko and Kana is completely off, though. Unlike Satomi, they actually developed while existing in the show.

So I just saw this list of U.S. anime/manga releases on ANN and realized that Sentai is the one that licensed Haikyuu!!, and with Akame ga Kill happening, the -obvious- next step is for Haikyuu!! on Toonami! Make it happen, Powers That Be! Dun care if it has an English dub or not! Do it!

Shhh, don't remind me of the incredible track record sports shounen have here. Let me revel in my daydream!

But seriously, Haikyuu!! is my fave sports shounen (It's so. damn. good. Can't wait for the second series.), I'd put it on the block if I could.

Yes Haikyuu!! is definitely needed, I wish they had dubbed it, I was dying to hear who they would have picked for Tsukki and Kuroo.

Best SAO con exhibit, All the different Kiritos with Kirito is one of the best parts to the franchise.
also eugeo
CFp9LbaUIAI9DG5.jpg

Crocodile

"Are you the real Shinichi-kun?"

To be fair, there are a lot of worse shows than Parasyte, including ones that have already aired on Toonami or soon will (Akame ga Kill). But overall.....meh.

It was a twenty-four-episode anime that took place over a few months. How many different "struggles" do you need the main character to have? It was an anime that actually had a pretty good pace, which is rare.

Yes, he dealt with what was basically the same struggle about balancing his humanity and the influence of the parasyte, but there was plenty of nuance within that overall plot point, all of which came out of character.

Even Migi had a good character arch.

Satomi wasn't a great character, but she was made to be an ideal. They could have done more with her.

Your classification of Reiko and Kana is completely off, though. Unlike Satomi, they actually developed while existing in the show.

Shinichi and Migi had their ups and downs but overall they were good characters. It's everything else that's the issue.

Weak Direction
Inconsistent Animation
REALLY odd Sound Direction and Mixing (I did like a lot of individual songs from the OST though)
Every female character except Reiko was the literal WORST
Most of the male characters were pretty shit too
Thematically repetitious with NO sense of subtleness

Like again, the show isn't an abomination or anything and has its moments but overall its way too flawed to be anything but ok overall.

Killing is a sport.

...........I think?

51NVYDDDJYL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom