• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Jun15| Thread made with armor plating from a SPACE BATTLESHIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wR4oDVM7ZGKFfvyv5kBok9NipVEZpPktPR42_Nt6qcI/edit?usp=sharing

This is the Splatoonami spreadsheet for people to sign up with

I also started a Groupme chat, which is a very nice "group chat" website and app. I'll need your guys emails or phone numbers to send you invites, I sent everyone on Splatoonami spreadsheet a PM though. If I skipped you somehow, please send me one too!
Got Splatoon today for about $5 after trading stuff in at GS. Added to list.

But to get back on topic, I wonder when we'll see the dub for DB Super (DBS?). Still wonder if Toonami would bother trying to get the rights & air it along side DBZ Kai or something.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
I think Toonami is pressing the rights but the problem is they will probably be outspent unless CN is prepared to pay.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Imagine if they got the rights to simudub it at like 11:30 p.m. I'd assume that would cause a HUGE increase of viewers.

daveo42

Banned

So they are gonna roll right from the end of Kai into the new series. Toei, given the chance, would probably love being able to air Dragonball TV shows indefinitely. Debating now if I'm going to wait to see the new show until after I have a chance to see 'F'.

rumor has it that Michiko and Hatchin will take 1am and SAO will get bumped down to 1:30

That's good news as better shows are rising towards the top and soon we only have to worry about SAO bringing the block down to a dark place since Naruto will finally be back to a canon arc that's actually good.

Line_HTX

Use the popular and recent SAO to pull viewers later in the night, helping Michiko & Hatchin, which is both old and has about zero name recognition.

Interesting strategy. Since so many people love to watch SAO, and I don't mean y'all haha, this is perfect for putting Michiko on the map. I wanted to watch this years ago because it's Watanabe directing and has the aura of Bebop and Champloo, but completely forgot about it. I suspect this is highly underrated.

Need a revival of Watanabe hour with the best Brazilian and Dandy.

Interesting strategy. Since so many people love to watch SAO, and I don't mean y'all haha, this is perfect for putting Michiko on the map. I wanted to watch this years ago because it's Watanabe directing and has the aura of Bebop and Champloo, but completely forgot about it. I suspect this is highly underrated.

Need a revival of Watanabe hour with the best Brazilian and Dandy.

Watanabe only produced the music.

Line_HTX

Well, shit.

The cover looks good, and the setting is at least unique.

I'd like to think it's in the same feel as the others. :/

Man, even eight years later, this Luffy-Lucci fight is still one of the best.

Its one of the best shonen fights ever. Though I forgot how long the anime takes to finally get to it, since I watched almost all of Ennies Lobby in one sitting about two years ago.

Squalor

Its one of the best shonen fights ever. Though I forgot how long the anime takes to finally get to it, since I watched almost all of Ennies Lobby in one sitting about two years ago.
Just going off of later One Piece "boss" battles, Luffy-Lucci was better than
Luffy-Gekko Moriah, Luffy-Hody Jones, and Luffy-Caesar Clown.

Of course, a big part of that is because Lucci is a much better character than those bad guys.

Just going off of later One Piece "boss" battles, Luffy-Lucci was better than
Luffy-Gekko Moriah, Luffy-Hody Jones, and Luffy-Caesar Clown.

Of course, a big part of that is because Lucci is a much better character than those bad guys.

Totally agree since (OP anime spoilers)
none of those villains are even on Luffy's level at the point Luffy fights them, especially Hody. Now though, Luffy - Doflomingo looks really promising, since he's arguably the only villain he's fought that's as strong/stronger than him since Lucci and Crocodile.

So they are gonna roll right from the end of Kai into the new series. Toei, given the chance, would probably love being able to air Dragonball TV shows indefinitely. Debating now if I'm going to wait to see the new show until after I have a chance to see 'F'.

Unless Funi simuldubs it (which is probably a very good chance) that won't be a problem, DB sub is just meh

It's true!

lowered-expectations.jpg

daveo42

Banned
Unless Funi simuldubs it (which is probably a very good chance) that won't be a problem, DB sub is just meh

I'm sure they'll simuldub it since it's one show that's guaranteed to get a large number of views. I'm also guessing that Toonami might be pushing for access to the show asap just because of how well Kai is doing in the ratings. As expensive as it would be, they'd make bank with advertisers if they could maintain their current ratings for Kai over a full hour.

Seda

well the start of the next arc is a 'start of an arc', decent but mostly build up and also several training arc episodes it doesn't really get actually sortagood until the second half in a few months time

Moaradin

It's the best arc in the series period.

Then after that it stays pretty decent for a while, outside of the shitty filler arc in-between.

I waited 6-7 years for Naruto to get good and it never happened. I think I picked it up 20-30 chapters before the timeskip? There were a few good moments but I'm amazed at myself for following it so long.

Crocodile

I want to believe in Dragon Ball Super but a month out and we still know jack shit about it and have no footage? A real bad look on what will be the biggest animated series in the World in the near future. I really want it to be good guys but I dunno :(

On a side note, I've never played a Fallout game. Feels a bit weird to be so detached from a game series so much of GAF seems hyped about but I guess that applies to a lot of series for me.

I want to believe in Dragon Ball Super but a month out and we still know jack shit about it and have no footage? A real bad look on what will be the biggest animated series in the World in the near future. I really want it to be good guys but I dunno :(

On a side note, I've never played a Fallout game. Feels a bit weird to be so detached from a game series so much of GAF seems hyped about but I guess that applies to a lot of series for me.

My expectations can't go lower then Toei, but I'm pretty sure Toei can go lower then Toei

Jarate

Banned

Dragonball Super will hopefully get carried by Toriyamas strong writing

It'll prolly be worse then Z, just the difference in animation styles are gonna make it worse. (90s anime are GOAT) Toei especillay being garbage will hurt. Hopefully it isn't just a cheap cash grab

I gave up on Naruto when I realized how much better the Storm games are with story. Sure there's less focus on character, but its not like the anime does them much service anyway (besides the villains like Sasori.)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think a few episodes had LS because language, but yeah, literally every episode of Kill la Kill at least was rated MA-S.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom