• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Blue Exorcist: At least it's not Sword Art Online.

Nearing the end of BONES Eater.

Moaradin

Blue Exorcist is pretty entertaining so far. It's not deconstructing the shonen genre or anything, but it does everything competently.

I feel like this is pretty dumb but still kinda enjoyable if that makes sense.

It's popcorn shonen, it's not very original or ground breaking, but it's competent enough that I can munch on it easily and be filled by loads of butter and salt. I can see why people wouldn't enjoy it but I'm still having fun with it and will read the manga once we finish it.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
did anyone else feel like that action scene was incredibly forced?

The action scene was to show off yukikio's powers in action, it was done in a more inventive way then some bad guy showing up and yukikio having to go save someone, just show a bunch of enemies from a accidentally spilled bio bomb he was teaching would be a way to introduce his usefulness in the story pretty much

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's popcorn shonen, it's not very original or ground breaking, but it's competent enough that I can munch on it easily and be filled by loads of butter and salt. I can see why people wouldn't enjoy it but I'm still having fun with it and will read the manga once we finish it.

It's not offensively bad like Naruto or Prince of Tennis.

Honestly if this Blue Exorcist movie is as good as anime gaf says it is having Blue Exorcist on Toonami will be worth it for that alone

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think this is a good summary. It's rather standard shonen-wise, but it's decent & fits well on Toonami. Good, but nowhere near great so far.

daveo42

Banned
Seems like GAF timing is messing up. Switching between 3 and 4am right now. So this is the final battle with Asura? I kind of liked the
the massive moon battle
in the manga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom