• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |Mar14| No Time for Sissy Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has this show re-named itself to "Nozomi" yet?

It's named after her personality
Y8reiVX.jpg

pirata

I still think it could have worked if it it was 3 or 4 episodes. 8 was just a waste of a second season, though, & a PAAAIIINNN to sit through. Plus it doesn't make for a good DVD release.

Yes, I've always thought it would have worked best as a three-episode arc: the first is like the first episode---seems like an average episode. In the second, we find out about the loop, but it ends without Kyon and company breaking out. In the third, they finally break out of the loop.

That's why I said it was fascinating---it's incredibly obvious to almost anyone that it would work better as just a few episodes. They knew they were destroying the Haruhi juggernaut, and they spent a lot of money to do it. They could have shown the same footage over and over for weeks as a clever joke, but they reedited, reanimated, and even had the actors rerecord the same lines with different deliveries so that they could flood stores with DVDs no one would buy but crazy people. It was kind of an incredible phenomenon to witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom