• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess this was mine.

kEalUrK.png

lol wut? Your name was in the Deadman reactions, weirdo.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Weekly, anticipating the hell for part 2 to start, filler hell was bad.

Watched like I did, especially compared to early Shippuden? It's better by far. Some of it is dumb. Toonami would be better off skipping it if it got that far but it's nowhere near the worst of it. It's better than a lot of canon Bleach and the dub is very good on this particular run. But it would take over a year and a half to air it and there's much better things they could do with their time.

I think I've posted in every single OT since the beginning but didn't really start participating here until June of last year, around the time One Piece made its debut. Prior to that I would go out every weekend, party it up, come back home blacked out, and make a few drunk comments in the thread.

I've become more sophisticated.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I believe, searching on NeoGAF is a crapshoot at best. I tried to find my first post but figured Seda's love of dredging up old stuff like this either makes him a master of the tools or he has mod powers to make it easier, so I asked without asking him directly to find my first post, which he did admirably.

EDIT: Gucci's first post just reminds me how far off the anime bandwagon Netflix has fallen. They used to have some real top shelf shit on there before Hulu made a serious push and viz got down with their neon alley.

There's still some amazing stuff on there, Squid Girl, Princess Jellyfish, Welcome to the NHK, Fairy Tail, FMA '03, most of Brotherhood, Soul Eater (which disappeared for two months when I was trying to catch up on it, Mrgrgr) but it used to have so much more. It was especially good on B tier Funimation shows like your Casshern, Birdy, Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu, and it had all the good Viz shit if you didn't mind sub only.

Levyne

Banned
I guess if you just type your name in the search box without going into advanced search, you only see if you were quoted? Or something.

Seda

Go to the first OT --> Search this Thread --> Advanced Search --> Search by User Name --> "username" --> Search Now --> go to oldest result

Deadman Wonderland Episode 7

04:03 Asshole.
05:02 Fucking.
06:51 Fucking Legit.
07:23 Badass.
12:28 Fuck.
12:35 Ass.
14:55 Bullshit.
15:05 Fuck.
19:37 Cuntface.
19:50 Dumbass.
19:53 Shit.
19:54 Fuck.
20:48 Dumbass.
21:24 Ass.
21:59 Ass.

oh yeah, there's the good stuff

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Their climb up the ranks is pretty amazing. They went from favors, shows they had long ass deals from the glory days of ASA and cast offs from the Funimation network to bringing back One Piece and Shippuden, getting Space Dandy MADE, getting the two hottest anime properties of the last few years (AoT and like it or hate it, SAO) likely getting DBZ back.

Even stuff like Naruto Uncut, something that had been on various other streaming sites for ages, was out of their range initially.

There's another timeline where Toonami does well enough to not cancel but only gets Samurai Seven tier stuff and the entire lineup is GITS/IGPX/SBT/Clone Wars/BtB, Brotherhood, Bleach, Desert Punk, Aquarion, other stuff that Funimation makes no money on, repeated right after.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's amazing, When they get that 11pm slot and Sailor Moon they'll have truly arrived in my books.
pls pls pls pls pls pls

Airing bi-weekly means it's going to take forever to get it localized and ruins even the idea of a simul-dub unless Toonami bends their rules.

Unless someone gets into the business of showing anime on tv or a streaming site like netflix gets a worldwide exclusive for the English dub or something I'd expect it on Toonami in...two years or less.

Airing bi-weekly means it's going to take forever to get it localized and ruins even the idea of a simul-dub unless Toonami bends their rules.

Unless someone gets into the business of showing anime on tv or a streaming site like netflix gets a worldwide exclusive for the English dub or something I'd expect it on Toonami in...two years or less.

*usagi crying at the end of an episode while everyone else chuckles* ...sigh

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd say it's about as likely to air on NuToonami as DBZ is. Or Naruto. Or One Piece after Naruto blew up. Or Shippuden after both of those did well.

Or you know, as likely as Fairy Tail.

Fairy Tail is very giffable and we'll certainly talk a lot about it when this happens. Which it will. It's not great, not even always good but its very watchable.

It was a pipe dream for it to air anytime soon anyways, and not like i was gonna wait for the localization, that's getting watched in july.

Crocodile

Yeah I think missed large chunks of Deadman Wonderland. I really should get around to finishing it. A shame that they'll probably never animate the rest of the manga.

It's amazing, When they get that 11pm slot and Sailor Moon they'll have truly arrived in my books.
pls pls pls pls pls pls

I'm really hoping the new Sailor Moon delivers. I've got niggling doubts in the back of my head though :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I just remembered this one 4Kids edit to One Piece that I don't think anybody brings up.

After Luffy gets his first bounty, we get a scene of Mihawk visiting Shanks and giving him the news. Shanks says "I can't let you leave" and it cuts to them having a party and drinking (despite Shanks being hungover from last night).

In the 4Kids version, Shanks says "I can't let you leave" in an oddly sinister tone and then it cuts away. A party is never shown. They made Shanks sound evil and that he was going to kill Mihawk. Did they think that Luffy's big inspiration was secretly evil or something?

So I found my initial reaction to DMWL manga when I got to that part

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=53248299&postcount=8796

Sadly the images were deleted so I have taken the liberty of reuploading them so you can see my reaction in it's truest form in this mock up quote

BassForeverwasLEGITSHOOK said:
Deadman Wonderland 7-9

Oh hey he won his first fight awesome things might be turning around for Gan

cIiePWv.png

Holy Shit

wQKR9Hp.png

HOLY SHIT

IEUfZiG.png

HOLY FUCKING SHIT

<.<

In the 4Kids version, Shanks says "I can't let you leave" in an oddly sinister tone and then it cuts away. A party is never shown. They made Shanks sound evil and that he was going to kill Mihawk. Did they think that Luffy's big inspiration was secretly evil or something?

Drinking and partying is far more immoral than ambiguously killing people

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All these first post nostalgic.
Too bad I didn't start memorizing names until....uhhhhhh?

Everything makes sense

Thing is, I thought like that up until I actually got a week or two into my project. My thesis going in was that Naruto filler was bad, nearly unwatchably so, and that I'm doing this so you don't have to, knowing that the first episode of Shippuden would fill in a bunch of the blanks going from the Chunin exam prelims but that some people in this thread might be interested in what happened after the Sauce left. I knew some of the animation was bad, that some of the openings and endings were really good and that Tony the Tiger, Curry of Life, Ino pissing on Ino (which truth be told I did not remember and would have been totally shocked by if MM didn't bring it up all the time) and I sincerely thought that that special go back and do Kakashi Mask would be the only real highlight of the project.

I couldn't have been more wrong. The anime only material was fine and after a few really rough patches of animation in the first arc or two it smoothed out. The Anko arc and the ultimate weapon arc are good enough to be canon...even with their lousy villains. The one off comedy episodes besides two or three were fantastic. Some of the arcs near the end sucked my soul (fucking purple peacock chakra, though that song was pretty good) and Curry of Life infuriated me with how dumb that fucking ungrateful brat was. The average was pretty good. The whole shtick of Tsunade foisting Naruto against his will with some random team never got old and the remixing the teams thing that happened predominately around the halfway mark was always fun. Great interaction here. Most of the fillers instead of dragging had quite the opposite problem; at least half of the arcs could have used another episode or even two to extend the fights!

This is the second time I've done the early part of dub Shippuden and boy can it be rough. This was my second time through all of the filler (I only caught a few of the dub episodes here and there) and it was a much better experience this time around. No trolling about arcs ending and J-man coming back or Kakashi Gaiden airing. I knew when it ended...and I wouldn't have minded a bit more. Shippuden apparently agrees with all these Old Naruto done in Shippuden...now in HD mini arcs they have.

It's amazing to believe that first thread took months to fill, I mean now we close and make them monthly but we come close to getting to 20000 or do every time now.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's amazing to believe that first thread took months to fill, I mean now we close and make them monthly but we come close to getting to 20000 or do every time now.

Toonami had literally less than half the content it does now back then and for a long time. I have no idea what anyone talked about during the repeats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom