• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
I like lurking gaming but in general I try to avoid posting there

I usually only post a few times in a specific thread and tend to lay low over there most of the time. Hype threads are the best, as are a lot of the community threads on GAF. I'm guessing that 75% of my posts are split between two communities at this point.

Other then smash gaf and tales gaf I don't post much in gaming side unless some mega epic thread happens to which I try to be as inoffensive and productive to the conversation as possible so future gaffers will see my post and go "damn Bass was part of those legacy threads"

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Late to this, but mine:

I love the "new" TOM. Darker style, freaking awesome. I'm gonna call it TOM 3.5. Still kinda pining for 2, though. But it's at least better than 3 was.

Glad to see game reviews are back in full. It seemed like they held off on those as time went on.

Hoping the budget gets increased and we see more new CG stuff like bumps and whatnot.

And Toonami went on to live a happy, healthy life.

Almost exclusively ToonamiGAF for me, but I do post in gaming sometimes and I lurk OT.

OT posts generally revolve only around when I feel the need to show support around something I like or is dear to me.

Seda

Anyone else going to the Momocon panel? Just curious, I know there's a few other Georgia-based gaffers in here.

daveo42

Banned
I've always wanted to go to Momocon. Sadly, I don't live anywhere near close enough to go. I'll make the trek one year.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Awww yeaaah, found out Taiga from Toradora is gonna be in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax. Even more characters from animes I liked that get to fight against Kirito....assuming it gets released here or I have the money to import.

....also someone named Miyuki from an anime called "The Irregular at Magic High School". I think it got its own OT in off-topic or something. Think some people here know what that anime is.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I'd love for that game to be released here, but I'm doubtful :(
Part of me wonders how much licensing Sega would have to deal with, considering none of the franchises represented have games that were localized, save for Namco with SAO on Vita now. I know anime/manga-wise, different companies own different stuff, but those rights are separate I think. It's not Jump Ultimate Stars where Namco owns game rights for Naruto, One Piece, DBZ, & then Konami has Shaman King & Yu-Gi-Oh, Tecmo Koei with Fist of the North Star, etc.

Part of me wants to learn more about licensing just so I can figure out situations like this. I don't want to use the Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom situation/example since that most likely doesn't apply for every company.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I was invited to momocon, but I've never been to a convention so I don't know.

You gotta go dude. Do it.

U15WtMl.gif

Should go once just to have the experience once , I've heard people smell at them (which isn't my biggest aversion considering all the other things I have to deal with) so guard you nose and don't be a smelly person yourself.

daveo42

Banned
I've been to PAXEast and encountered clouds of 'funk' more than once, and not the good kind. I agree with the good Dr. on this one. It's worth the experience, just be prepared for potential BO.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Should go once just to have the experience once , I've heard people smell at them (which isn't my biggest aversion considering all the other things I have to deal with) so guard you nose and don't be a smelly person yourself.

For real. I still regret not going to AnimeBoston.

"what is it about working at a fucking gas station that appealed to you?"

seriously, what is the point of this question? i need a damn job, what do you think appealed to me? the clean floors?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

seriously, what is the point of this question? i need a damn job, what do you think appealed to me? the clean floors?

Should have just said "The Paycheck".

Discount on soda and energy drinks so I can stay up late at night

daveo42

Banned

"The allure of meeting new and interesting people."

Should have just said "The Paycheck".

This is probably good too.

Discount on soda and energy drinks so I can stay up late at night

"The benefits package."

LOLDSFAN

The smell of the gas that gave me a high.

Also the increased risk of getting robbed.

I believe you also attend OSU so you're in my neck of the woods. If you want an office job I can actually hook you up, shoot me a PM if interested.

Seda

I was invited to momocon, but I've never been to a convention so I don't know.

TBH not much of the convention interests me, but I can stop by for a few hours to check out the Toonami panel. There's a room dedicated to video game tournaments (Smash, Capcom, Persona, Soul Calibur).

http://www.momocon.com/events/schedule/

(I loled at "Geek Self-Image: Doubt & Pride")

Troy Baker is there on Friday, Bryce Papenbrook on Saturday. There's also a 'Voice Actors read The Matrix script" thing which are sometimes fun. Some Avatar TLA people there too.

I live close enough to Momocon that I could possibly swing it. Are tickets sold out?

You can get tickets at the door. Saturday alone is $35.

EDIT: But yeah I'll be there on Saturday, and I'm willing to meet up if anyone else is going. Probably going to see the Matrix thing. There's a Pokemon Gen 1 Jeopardy thing in the morning that could be fun. A Viz animation panel, A Funimation industry panel. Toonami at night. Spend some time in the gaming rooms or browsing the booths.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
"modern art is not really art"

this is a question i was asked on this online "personality assessment"

I remember that questionnaire from when I was looking for a part-time job at SEARS. They ask you a whole bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the job so they can figure out if you're the type of dude that will follow orders and won't make waves.

I remember that questionnaire from when I was looking for a part-time job at SEARS. They ask you a whole bunch of shit that has nothing to do with the job so they can figure out if you're the type of dude that will follow orders and won't make waves.

Yeah for those questions I either put undecided or as close to it as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom