• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Shard I would love for you to pull up posts from people in here saying toonami is nothing without DBZ or are you just reading a few random twitter comments and assuming everyone has that opinion? I suspect the latter. At least you finally admitted you just have an irrational hatred for the show which explains your stance. I don't think DBZ holds up very well anymore now that I'm an adult but I'm not foolish enough to ignore the benefits it would bring to the block. I think this discussion is done, you don't have anything worth responding to that I haven't already addressed before so there's no point in shitting up the thread.

I think about the only thing I even remotely agree with you about is this is not a debate worth having anymore, but that is because you clearly can not accurately discredit my reasonable concerns about a return of DBZ to the block so you need to boil it down to irrational hatred. Good day sir.

Oh right, moving on from the dullness that is DBZ, I wanted to post this GIF of the latest Soul Eater NOT episode here to show how bad this show really is.

fa11460obkrk.gif

tumblr_n4yvxaVMZG1s8sotmo1_500.gif

What happened?

They wasted their budget on fanservice.

Huh, that's weird the 3DS version doesn't have it. That would be cool if there was cross platform play, I've never played MH though so I'm not sure if that's feasible.

There is, but if you want to play online with the 3ds version you have to own a wiiu and nobody can be playing the wiiu version

Locally you can do a wiiu and 3 3ds

There is, but if you want to play online with the 3ds version you have to own a wiiu and nobody can be playing the wiiu version

Locally you can do a wiiu and 3 3ds

4G for 3DS has online play, but we don't get it over here til like next year.

I never got the MH hype because I've never played it before, do you just go around...well, hunting monsters? Is there a story or is it MMO-lite? I've been on the fence about buying a 3DS for a year, almost got one last summer but just saved the money instead.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I never got the MH hype because I've never played it before, do you just go around...well, hunting monsters? Is there a story or is it MMO-lite? I've been on the fence about buying a 3DS for a year, almost got one last summer but just saved the money instead.

It's like boss fights: the game. You gather (or buy) materials to prepare for hunts, then you go hunt insane dinosaurs and dragons and shit. Then you use the loot they drop to make better weapons and armor so you can hunt even bigger dragons and shit.

It's like boss fights: the game. You gather (or buy) materials to prepare for hunts, then you go hunt insane dinosaurs and dragons and shit. Then you use the loot they drop to make better weapons and armor so you can hunt even bigger dragons and shit.

That doesn't get repetitive? Can you beat the game?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That doesn't get repetitive? Can you beat the game?

Not really. There's a huge diversity of monsters to fight.

Beat the game? Well there's a single player mode that can be beaten, but multiplayer can't. Multiplayer also is the only way to do the highest difficulty level, but you can solo multiplayer.

As far as online goes is there voice chat and do you have an account or do they still make you do the friend code bullshit? I haven't paid attention to Nintendo since 2009.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Here's something weird.
The Black Lagoon anime goes in a different order from the manga.
Manga: Beginning, Roberta, Nazis
Anime: Beginning, Nazis, Roberta

Wonder why they changed that.

As far as online goes is there voice chat and do you have an account or do they still make you do the friend code bullshit? I haven't paid attention to Nintendo since 2009.

Friend Codes are dead (for consoles at least).

Here's something weird.
The Black Lagoon anime goes in a different order from the manga.
Manga: Beginning, Roberta, Nazis
Anime: Beginning, Nazis, Roberta

Wonder why they changed that.

assuming Rock calling Revy on her shit is part of the Nazis storyline, i'd say it's because they wanted to get the character stuff in early

BatDan

I've been thinking about getting a Wii U, but outside of Bayonetta 2 and Smash, there hasn't been any games that have caught my attention.

The Wonderful 101. Seriously, fucking get it.

assuming Rock calling Revy on her shit is part of the Nazis storyline, i'd say it's because they wanted to get the character stuff in early

Yeah, the call-out scene was after the Nazis.

Schadenfreude said:
I see. Is this a good thing or a bad thing?

The Bahamas may be great for tourists but living here as a trans lesbian it's not the most progressive of places , that and a lack of resources. Also I have to like send people away to get games for me or wait until i can go away (thank goodness for digital games now, but during childhood it was definitely waiting monthly to see who was going stateside), and the Netflix is different and sucks, no access to Hulu, also no Amazon .We at the very least have cable which is more or less whatever Florida has. But hey I have no rent and free food while i'm living at home , gonna get a job and save money to move away eventually.

BatDan

TFS announced that Attack on Titan Abridged got put on indefinite hiatus. I wonder why...... >.>

They claim it's legal issues they "can't discuss".
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly it...

Everything about AoT Abridged reeked of cynical bandwagon jumping. They knew it was the hot new thing right now and wanted to mine that gold while it was still fresh. What we ended up with was a pretty bad video, especially when you consider TFS' quality with DBZ and Hellsing Ultimate.

The Bahamas may be great for tourists but living here as a trans lesbian it's not the most progressive of places , that and a lack of resources. Also I have to like send people away to get games for me or wait until i can go away (thank goodness for digital games now, but during childhood it was definitely waiting monthly to see who was going stateside), and the Netflix is different and sucks, no access to Hulu, also no Amazon .We at the very least have cable which is more or less whatever Florida has. But hey I have no rent and free food while i'm living at home , gonna get a job and save money to move away eventually.

I see. Hope you can move out soon. And when you finally get back to the States we can have on big ToonamiGAF meetup at Seda's place.

Sounds kind of rough but at least you have your family as a support system and hey, free food/rent ain't too bad. I was just thinking the other day how often I take being born/living in America for granted.

They claim it's legal issues they "can't discuss".
Yeah, I'm sure that's exactly it...

Everything about AoT Abridged reeked of cynical bandwagon jumping. They knew it was the hot new thing right now and wanted to mine that gold while it was still fresh. What we ended up with was a pretty bad video, especially when you consider TFS' quality with DBZ and Hellsing Ultimate.

honestly it seemed so different in style from the other two (i believe some other guy was the primary creative force behind it) that i don't even really think of it as an "official" Team Four Star joint

BatDan

honestly it seemed so different in style from the other two (i believe some other guy was the primary creative force behind it) that i don't even really think of it as an "official" Team Four Star joint

Looking it up, it was produced by Taka and someone else called TehExorcist. Looking him up, he worked on D.Gray-man Abridged and did voice work for others.
I get the feeling a lot of it falls on TehExorcist...

Takashi

I had a couple of interviews but didn't get the job unfortunately. As far as accuracy goes, Nielsen only samples a few thousand households, tracks their daily viewing habits, and extrapolates the results. The numbers don't really matter, demographics do, mainly 18-35 because they buy the most shit. Advertisers covet these viewers.

If you look at the HH number, it tells you roughly the percentage of US households who tuned into a particular program. Hope this helps, mightynine is also very knowledgeable, he's probably best able to answer any in-depth questions.

That's right, I just sort of forgot about the advertisers for some reason. Thanks for the input though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom