• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can bring bucket hats for everyone. Not sure if those would come in handy.

They can be used to carry
lLGKsTS.png
around.

LOLDSFAN

Yo!

Made it home from Hawaii. It's been too long ToonamiGAF, I haven't checking in here since last week. How was Saturday? Did I miss anything cool?

so i took a look at the old Toonami promo for Cooler's Revenge. Cooler's voice seems different there, so i have to wonder if Toonami had him re-dubbed for the original showing since they did that sort of thing back then (he says "destroyed Frieza" in the old one and "kill my brother" in the new one, so that's what makes me think he was re-dubbed)

MikeMyers

so i took a look at the old Toonami promo for Cooler's Revenge. Cooler's voice seems different there, so i have to wonder if Toonami had him re-dubbed for the original showing since they did that sort of thing back then (he says "destroyed Frieza" in the old one and "kill my brother" in the new one, so that's what makes me think he was re-dubbed)

FUNi redubbed a lot of dialogue when they made the Season Sets and the Steelbooks.

Seda

Isn't this just a 'cut' / 'uncut' thing? As in some lines had a 'for tv' edit. It's not like the whole movie was redubbed like a lot of the first half DBZ was.

The Cartoon Network version probably just couldn't say 'kill'. And now it's no problem of course.

EDIT: "No one disgraces our family and lives to tell about it" is exactly the same in each video.

bigkrev

Can you drink blood in new Wolfenstein if you are at at 11 health or under?

I'm older than you and have no clue what you are talking about

Bought Transistor today over Wolfenstein, won't get a chance to play it for a week though as I'm off to my brothers graduation tommorrow, and then heading directly to the shore for Memorial Day weekend. Somehow have to find a game store hosting a Journey into Nyx gameday so I can win a playmat.

I hate being busy.

daveo42

Banned
I picked up both Transistor and Wolfenstein today. I think I want to beat Wolfenstein first before hitting Transistor, but it's going to be very hard not to touch it. I just suck at trying to play more than one game at a time because I get way too absorbed by one and end up letting the other gather dust.

I had to look that up to understand what you were talking about. No, that's not in the game, but you do regenerate back to 20 health if you fall below that, at least on Normal. Not sure if that mechanic is available in the harder modes.

I can't wait to see the final episode of IGPX
/s

blue to grey

It still looks the same to me :'(

Somehow I doubt that mechanic is going to exist anymore, it was pretty cool in the original wolfenstein

Finally got my computer back. Floods suck mang.

Couple things: First - Looks like I lost my AoT bet :( I gotta fish out my new avatar /sigh.

Second - I cannot WAIT for that DBZ movie. You know why that's my favorite one? The soundtrack. It is like stepping into a time machine every time I see Cooler's Revenge. If we assume we are getting Funi's dub, this is the magic we're looking forward to:

Drowning Pool - Reminded
Dust for Life - Poison
American Pearl - Seven Years
Breaking Point - Under
Finger Eleven - Stay and Drown
Breaking Point - Falling Down
Drowning Pool - Mute
Disturbed - The Game
Drowning Pool - Told You So
Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)
American Pearl - Revelation
Breaking Point - Phoenix

Drowning pool? Disturbed? It's like an early 2000s free for all of nu-metal insanity all encapsulated in a friggen Dragonball Z movie. You almost get a requisite silk screen shirt just for watching it. I hope all of that stays in (it did when Nick showed it about a year ago) because that is just SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD. For one night, pretend you're 14 years old again.

Edit: Shame ENGAGE

bigkrev

Finally got my computer back. Floods suck mang.

Couple things: First - Looks like I lost my AoT bet :( I gotta fish out my new avatar /sigh.

Second - I cannot WAIT for that DBZ movie. You know why that's my favorite one? The soundtrack. It is like stepping into a time machine every time I see Cooler's Revenge. If we assume we are getting Funi's dub, this is the magic we're looking forward to:

Drowning Pool - Reminded
Dust for Life - Poison
American Pearl - Seven Years
Breaking Point - Under
Finger Eleven - Stay and Drown
Breaking Point - Falling Down
Drowning Pool - Mute
Disturbed - The Game
Drowning Pool - Told You So
Deftones - Change (In the House of Flies)
American Pearl - Revelation
Breaking Point - Phoenix

Drowning pool? Disturbed? It's like an early 2000s free for all of nu-metal insanity all encapsulated in a friggen Dragonball Z movie. You almost get a requisite silk screen shirt just for watching it. I hope all of that stays in (it did when Nick showed it about a year ago) because that is just SOOOOOOOO GOOOOOD. For one night, pretend you're 14 years old again.

Edit: Shame ENGAGE

Alright, I am now super interested in watching this now.

WHY DID YOU HAVE TO REMIND ME THIS USED TO EXIST??

Now I'm sad, surge was like crack, only legal. I hear Rob Ford has a stash at his mansion in Toronto.

As of about 6-months to a year ago, you could still buy surge syrup on ebay to make your own (the syrup doesn't go bad according to coca-cola). There is a fair number of people with those sodastream devices that were making their own homebrew surge essentially. There is a single bottle of it on ebay currently for about ~50 dollars. I kinda want it honestly haha.

There is an entire facebook group that has been working to pester Coca-cola to either bring back Surge or put in their electronic mixing selection machines (not sure of their actual name, but they are these):

Mello Yello has had a resurgence due to these machines. We could have similar for Surge if they would give it a try!

Tenumi

Banned
There is an entire facebook group that has been working to pester Coca-cola to either bring back Surge or put in their electronic mixing selection machines (not sure of their actual name, but they are these):

Mello Yello has had a resurgence due to these machines. We could have similar for Surge if they would give it a try!

I love those machines. Shame there's only one near me, and it's a good 30 minutes drive away...

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Coke Freestyle.

I sometimes eat at an okay burrito place instead of a bunch of other places just to sample the Coke Freestyle's wares on my cheat day.

Those machines are proof enough that in the battle of man versus machine, machine should win.

The only places I see the Freestyles in my area are in Five Guys restaurants. I shouldn't go there because their food is amazing but terrible for me. I love those machines though.

daveo42

Banned
5 guys is so overpriced, I just go to Sonic instead

5 Guys is good for the burgers, but if you are going to spend that much, you could probably go elsewhere and get a better quality burger for just a little more. Sonic is good for their greasy foods and tots.

My friend and I have actually been hitting up Red Robin recently for their burgers, which have been surprisingly good.

i like five guys fries , not to say i don't like their burgers , theyre good. i typically end up having five guys 1-3 times a year so its not that big a deal that it's sorta expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom