• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Toonami |May14| Toonami just got a lot Cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight on Toonami, Eren and friends finally graduate from training, Frieza's brother shows up on Earth for revenge, Sasori reveals his true form and a new human puppet, the Straw Hats are going to need to find another way to get out of Water 7 with Aqua Laguna in full force, the Exwires go camping, Revy and Roberta duke it out once and for all, Anarky arrives in Gotham City, Team 7 meets Rock Lee and company, Bradley goes all out on Greed, guess who's back on Jack, the Jedi awaken a giant beast and have to decide whether to drive the species to extinction or not for dat sweet sweet fuel, and Octus, Kimmy, Lance, and Ilana cut loose at the Scary Mary party in the woods.

11:30 - Attack on Titan - 4 - Night of the Closing Ceremony: Humanity's Comeback, Part 2
12:00 - Dragon Ball Z: Cooler's Revenge
1:00 - Naruto Shippuden - 21 - Sasori's Real Face
1:30 - One Piece - 255 - Another Sea Train? Rocketman Charges Forth!
2:00 - Blue Exorcist - 14 - A Fun Camping Trip
2:30 - Black Lagoon - 10 - The Unstoppable Chambermaid
3:00 - Beware the Batman - 3 - Tests
3:30 - Naruto - 21 - Identify Yourself: Powerful New Rivals
4:00 - Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - 14 - Those Who Lurk Underground
4:30 - Samurai Jack - 17 - Jack and the Scotsman II
5:00 - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 40 - The Zillo Beast
5:30 - Sym-Bionic Titan - 12 - The Ballad of Scary Mary

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Viz's purchase of Sailor Moon makes a lot more sense when you remember Bleach is ending soon.
Sure they still have the DVDs and the manga, but both are going to run out soon. The DVDs first, and then the manga in a few years.

Levyne

Banned
Some cosplay
B1syg6Pl.jpg
KPUSJUjl.jpg
lHFO6qel.jpg
501sP0sl.jpg
IbIrVDJl.jpg
in0CJ3jl.jpg
MuW9up6l.jpg
ggNqyEil.jpg
0efubzjl.jpg
6TbpwNPl.jpg
KIP0SIrl.jpg

Sitting in on Viz panel now. Talking about dvd/neon alley releases. Berserk goldem age arc 3 trailer.

Whatever that is.

So having a hot tub that works again is AMAZING, though forgetting my glasses on the thing when I close the lid bending them was no bueno. Thankfully I was able to bend them into working order

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Viz's purchase of Sailor Moon makes a lot more sense when you remember Bleach is ending soon.
Sure they still have the DVDs and the manga, but both are going to run out soon. The DVDs first, and then the manga in a few years.

Well, that and as I understand it TOEI felt Viz was a better candidate then Funimation, who is apparently in a bit of a row with Funi over cropping issues on some of the DVD/Blu-Ray sets, or so I am told.

The first Ranma 1/2 set I bought was pretty awesome, but the whole series is on Hulu. I feel conflicted when the sets retail for like $40 even though they are pretty awesome releases and appear to be limited.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Bryce gets another lead role in some show called Blood lad.
Wasn't that the one about the vampire dude who turns a girl into a zombie or something & then loses all interest in her because of the fact she's now a zombie and there's some other demons & all that? Heard about it & sounds like it might be up my alley.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Wasn't that the one about the vampire dude who turns a girl into a zombie or something & then loses all interest in her because of the fact she's now a zombie and there's some other demons & all that? Heard about it & sounds like it might be up my alley.

That is the one.

Bryce gets another lead role in some show called Blood lad.

Of course he did lol Blood Lad was pretty great hopefully it comes to Toonami

And wasn't blood lad always planned to be that long? It pretty much blew through all of the manga and stopped when they ran out of material to adapt

Edit: apparently there was a bit more they could have adapted, but they still blew through 80% of the monthly series in 10 episodes,
Compare that to attack on titan which covered about 60% in 25 episodes :X

BatDan

Indeed, no pun intended I am sure, maybe it would have gotten more episodes if the lead was not such a otaku wanker.

Didn't even consider the pun until you pointed it out.

If it ever comes to Toonami, the bright side is that it's short.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
If it's only 10 episodes, sounds like something I could easily watch in a week. Maybe I'll check it out.

Also, "#SailorMoon News from #VIZPanel: Full reveal of dub cast at #AnimeExpo on Saturday, July 5 along with #SailorMoonDay"

Blood Lad had always been planned to be 10 episodes, seems the studio had no faith in it doing well but those 10 episodes are very well paced, animated, and entertaining. Was one of the best anime of the summer that no one watched and will sadly probably forever rot as an unfinished "go read the manga" series

BatDan

Are you saying DMWL sucked? Not the series fault Japan has bad taste

It is a bit silly.
And I did read the manga (ending felt a bit rushed).

I have to imagine the fact the anime came out the same time as the 2011 earthquake/tsunami and the story involved an earthquake.... too soon.

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
Maybe if they had taken the head of the MC and slammed it with a car door over and over again it would have gotten another season.

It is a bit silly.
And I did read the manga (ending felt a bit rushed).

I have to imagine the fact the anime came out the same time as the 2011 earthquake/tsunami and the story involved an earthquake.... too soon.

Probably a victim of the time, agree the manga ending felt rushed but at the same time I can't really say the ending wasn't appropriate

Maybe if they had taken the head of the MC and slammed it with a car door over and over again it would have gotten another season.

Basically Shard didn't like the series because the MC idolized Goku calling him the greatest hero of all time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom